• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

LilWeegi

Smash Cadet
is there a thread where i can go that is recently updated that has a list of all characters and how many tourneys they've won here or on the web, i searched for hours here and only found a tier list thread... help?

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
what are considered top tier characters?

also, is ssbb in mlg yet?
Top tier characters are characters with the overall best stats. I am not sure who decides this, but someone does. I am not sure who are the top in Brawl, but I know that Fox was in Melee.
As for MLG, I do not know about that.

Oh, does anybody know if there is a way to change costumes for the characters in the Subspace Emissary? I need the costume changes for a project I am working on. If anybody knows how to solve this problem, thanks in advance.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Alright well I've been reading about DI and Smash DI. I need to clear up a few things.

Hitlag = Not moving. Right after you get hit. Visible with Zelda's death kicks, etc.
Hitstun = Moving? Can't do anything but tech and you are flying through the air?

Smash DI is done during hitlag? It completely changes the direction you are sent? Does that mean if I smash DI to the left when I get hit from the left by Samus' charge shot, I could actually fly left instead of right like what would normally happen?

And when I'm in hitstun i should DI perpendicular to the way I'm being sent?

Is that right?
Someone please tell me if this is right. I'm confused about the difference between hitlag and hitstun.

Grunt

Smash Master
is there a thread where i can go that is recently updated that has a list of all characters and how many tourneys they've won here or on the web, i searched for hours here and only found a tier list thread... help?
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954
Weegee suckin it up
D:
Someone please tell me if this is right. I'm confused about the difference between hitlag and hitstun.
Both are after the attack lands.
Hitstun is the person who got hit, referring to how long it takes them to be able to move again after hit. Hit lag is the attackers lag while recovering from the attacking animation.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

The best in the game. Right now it's considered Snake and Metaknight.

I don't THINK so and they won't add more games till next season. They do have it in GameBattles though.

Why is it cool to state that Brawl sucks around here?
It's not COOL to say it as much as it's a belief.

I would like to make a new thread (know how to do that much) with a poll inside. How do I add the poll?
You have to be a premium member. Currently applications for premium membership is closed.

what is QD, I've heard people talk about it but i don't know what it is.
If I'm not mistaken it's Quick Draw. Ike's side special. Am I right in assuming the Ike boards are where you are seeing this?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Snake and MetaKnight are top tier.

I don't think SSBB is in MLG yet : /
I dunno >.<

Why is it cool to state that Brawl sucks around here?
Because many people who played Melee competitively will recognize that Melee offers a lot more competitive depth than what Brawl does.

That being said, Brawl doesn't suck. The people who say that Brawl sucks are the ones who suck.

I believe Melee is the superior game, but Brawl is far more popular, and appeals to a wider demographic of gamers.

MakesMeFeelUnique

Smash Rookie
When you use Fox/Falco/Wolf's neutral B moves, does each individual laser count as one move in the supposed "list" for stale moves?

If so, it might be a good way to refresh other moves.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Anybody know about the Costume changes in Subspace yet? Is it a certainty that they cannot be changed?

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that link is always shunned to low or bottom tier? Is it just that his particular attributes could never be made into upper tier material otherwise he wouldn't be true to his games? Or is it that sakurai purposefully gives link flaring weaknesses each game?

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Im having a problem connecting and i really need help. pleassse!

Well basically everytime i try to hit wifi battle now on the menu it gives me an error after about 5 seconds saying i need to confirm my internet settings, well of course im baffled but i go to the menu anyway and check it out.

Once I went to the main menu and to connection settings and all that stuff and confirmed my signal (and tested it) I went to the main menu of brawl and went to the wifi option. Once again it tells me to confirm my internet settings. Any clue how I can fix that?

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the help. I will have to do without for now. But actually, I too have had problems connecting, and have never been able to fight a match Against Anyone. Could it be that some internet connections simply will not support the service? My connection did not work well, so that could be the case. As for Link, my personal opinion is that he is a character used to get acquainted with the game so that afterward a more "challenging" character can be learned. But perhaps Sakurai does not care for him; I cannot say.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Why do people think that using insanely over powered characters make them good?

And why is Lucas considered Low Tier,his only major flaw is his predictable recovery,and Falco and DeDeDe's are predictable also!
And Lucas has his Rope Snake when hes close to the ledge.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56

And why is Lucas considered Low Tier,his only major flaw is his predictable recovery,and Falco and DeDeDe's are predictable also!
And Lucas has his Rope Snake when hes close to the ledge.
Because people don't want to be considered bad. They'd rather play the overpowered and win, then play the significantly nerfed and lose.

I guess people just don't like Lucas. He can also be infinite release-grabbed by Marth, and is pretty light.

His rope snake only works if used in the right spot, and can only be used 3 times before having to touch the ground.

Edit: Thanks ike is solid.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Is there some place where I can obtain all of the Brawl voice overs? I'm sick of coming up empty handed on places that aren't YouTube.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Because they think the overpowered characters' brokeness(sp) will compensate for their lack of skill... There are people who are actually good with Snake/MK (pretty sure you were reffering to them) though.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Can anyone hook me up with the video from some SRK online tourney where it's a Wario vs a Pikachu and right before the Pikachu dies, a bob-omb kills the Wario and Pika wins?
It's on Smashville at night, if that helps.

nensondubois

Smash Rookie
Why do all the characters have slow reactive time compared to melee? I press A on the controller and it seems like they are half a sec ********.

folk!

Smash Apprentice
i have a few ?s about the c-stick, and controller configurations. do most people change their grab and or jump if they use the c-stick alot? also i main marth and im a minimal c-stick user, and im starting to try to use it more, but it seems so unnatural? i was just a tourney and the top players seemed like the were useing it alot. does anyone have any tips? and not just about marth but in general. thank you.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I use Marth as well, and I love the c-stick, it is natural to me, you just have to get used to it. Most top players do use it, and also just a Marth tip, you should keep tap jump on to up-b out of shield easily. Also, I set L to grab and kept R as shield, helps me shield grab.

Top Bottom