• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
would smash be boring or less hardcore if there were no glitches or bugs that we could take advantage of in combat? and not just brawl, melee and 64 too.
I just want to hear your opinion
There would be less to the games. Yes. Whether that is a good or bad thing is entirely up to you. I'm a fan of Melee's deeper level of play. No doubts about that.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sures. I'll meet you on that purple mound of earth over there.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
To post images and put them in your sig, you'll need the url to the image. If the image is on your computer, then you'll want to upload it somewhere. Photobucket is a great and easy place to upload images. Once you have the image uploaded and the url to the image, you'll want to post it then. First, you'll need to get the image tag "[IMG*]http://" (remove the quotation marks and the asterisk) and post the url of the image after it. Then, you'll want to(after the url) post "[/img*]". Again, remove the quotations and remove the asterisk.

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
i saw nothing that answered my question, so i'm asking it now. On my visitor message board, I can only "soft delete" messages. When will I be able to fully delete them?

Amigo

Smash Cadet
supersmash_pro? they do not count. You have to go into Brawl mode.

And I have a question concerning who the right character is for me. I like characters that can gimp well and to go along with it have a good recovery. Must also be fast. Sheik comes to mind when mentioning the following criteria, but are there any others?

Rew

Smash Journeyman
I know that in Vs. mode whenever you choose Pokemon Trainer, you can decide before the match who you want to start--whether Charizard, Squirtle, or Ivysaur--by clicking on them. My question is, is it possible to do this in The Subspace Emissary as well, instead of just relying on random chance (and getting Squirtle in that big boss fight when I much would've rather started out with Charizard)?

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I have a few questions about recording Brawl matches.

On YouTube, I've seen many different types of Brawl videos. Some where the people are recording with a video camera placed on a table or whatever, as they play live, talk, make random noises, etc...

There are also some videos where people save replays, and video tape the replay (less, yet still some background noise nonetheless). A quick question about this - Whenever I finish a match, the option to press "Z" to save the replay only appears on a few of the games. In fact, it usually does not, and I lose the game. How do I make sure that the option to save replay will appear? Thanks.

There are also some videos where the camera seems to only show the television Brawl is being played on, and the Audio is perfect, and it seems to be very high quality. How is this done? Plugging the camcorder into the TV or something like that? Is it just reeeeeeeallly quiet where they're recording?

Thanks a lot.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I have a few questions about recording Brawl matches.

On YouTube, I've seen many different types of Brawl videos. Some where the people are recording with a video camera placed on a table or whatever, as they play live, talk, make random noises, etc...

There are also some videos where people save replays, and video tape the replay (less, yet still some background noise nonetheless). A quick question about this - Whenever I finish a match, the option to press "Z" to save the replay only appears on a few of the games. In fact, it usually does not, and I lose the game. How do I make sure that the option to save replay will appear? Thanks.

There are also some videos where the camera seems to only show the television Brawl is being played on, and the Audio is perfect, and it seems to be very high quality. How is this done? Plugging the camcorder into the TV or something like that? Is it just reeeeeeeallly quiet where they're recording?

Thanks a lot.
Replays may only be saved it the matches are less than 3 minutes in length.

For those REALLY good quality ones people use Capture Cards which is a piece of hardware you put in the computer and connect the Wii or your VCR to. (I spent 50 dollars on one and I can't freaking work it.T_T) OR I believe you can just use a DVR.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
If you use up all of your sending points, can you delete things you've sent to your friends from your own wii or do they have to delete them?

Second question: I now have around 125 hours of brawls... when will the challenge box break for 100 hours of brawls???

Malch

Smash Cadet
controllers

Okay, so I was reasonably good at Melee when Brawl came out, and I was glad Brawl allows you to use the GCN controller. So I did. Me and my friends all play with GCs and I've heard that Wiimotes have a lot of advantages. Now I have a great fear that GCN controllers might not be allowed in tourneys; is this accurate? If so, what's allowed? Can I grab a classic controller and let my hands adapt, or do I have to go back to square 1? Thanks.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
You can use gamecube controllers in tournies, and I'm not sure on the stance on classic controllers.
One thing to look out for is the things like 'turbo' on the GC controllers. You can use ones that have it on, just don't actually use that function (not that it gives you any advantage like at all >_<)

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
If you use up all of your sending points, can you delete things you've sent to your friends from your own wii or do they have to delete them?
No, you can't get the points back.
Your friends can delete the thing sent to them(I think), but your points will not go up because of that.

Second question: I now have around 125 hours of brawls... when will the challenge box break for 100 hours of brawls???
Are you sure? Check your data. It's titled "Versus Playtime," or something like that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Does the Wiimote have any advantages over the NGC controller, most people are saying you play at a disadvantage with it, however for me I feel more comfortable playing with the Wiimote (maybe that's because for me, Wii - Wiimote.)

Rdebo

Smash Cadet
I'm honestly not sure if this question pertains here seeing as it's an opionated response type deal but I was just wondering what anyone thought about:
Do you think that brawl will last as long and be bigger than melee, perhaps it's dumb but I keep hearing about people complaining and how certain pros aren't playing anymore and whatnot...

I guess it's not that simple of a question...
i'd love to be re-directed if it's not the right place =]

Malch

Smash Cadet
You can use gamecube controllers in tournies, and I'm not sure on the stance on classic controllers.
One thing to look out for is the things like 'turbo' on the GC controllers. You can use ones that have it on, just don't actually use that function (not that it gives you any advantage like at all >_<)
Thanks! And here's another one: Are most tournaments time battles? Should I be doing time battles for practice? Everyone I know does stock.

Top Bottom