• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
100th post! and whats camping and spamming. and i think i heard "tent" or something? any other related words i should know?

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Camping is basically sitting in a corner of the stage (or hanging on the edge) and doing the same attack to keep your enemy away. Spamming is pretty much the same thing only with projectiles. My response to Camping/spamming is No Johns. Cuz i mean everything has a counter.

EDIT: sry i've never heard the term tent before.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
why do they not show whose birthdays it is on the homepage anymore. i remember seeing that several months ago at the bottom of the page.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
Explain "Jumping out of your Shield" please.
I'm hungry, what should I make as a snack?
Jumping out of your shield means sheilding, and pressing the jump button. You can also Up smash and Up special out of your Shield as well. Jumping out of you shield could let you use an aerial to hit your opponent.

As for the second question, lol.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Does anyone know why it says "1 coin" or something on the aimer after you select a stage on wifi? That has bugged me since the game came out, and I still don't know what it means. Maybe a remnant of a forgotten betting mechanic for online?

cutter

Smash Champion
^ I think you can wager coins on online battles. Not too sure about it though.

I have an SD card with lots of replays/photos on it. How do I get it to transfer over to my computer? I have a camera that allows me to transfer pics from it w/ the SD card over, but I can't seem to transfer stuff like replays. :(

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Transferring replays is useless. The game doesn't record the match, it just creates an exact "file" with movements (the one you made during the match) so that 2 CPU characters can reproduce them later on when you watch it.

If you wanna transfer snapshots, just open the SD card as an external disc, and browse the Wii folders in it until you find the .bin files (the screenshots). Then convert them using:

http://brawl.kakkoister.com

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Transferring replays is useless. The game doesn't record the match, it just creates an exact "file" with movements (the one you made during the match) so that 2 CPU characters can reproduce them later on when you watch it.
That sucks. Is it possible to dodge Lyn's slash?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yes you can. Everytime she comes out in a Free-for-all I start spot-dodging 'til she attacks and several times I managed to dodge her slash.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Does anyone know why it says "1 coin" or something on the aimer after you select a stage on wifi? That has bugged me since the game came out, and I still don't know what it means. Maybe a remnant of a forgotten betting mechanic for online?
Betting on stages goe by a lottery system. If you are playing with 4 people for instance and 2 of you put a coin on FD and the other two choose Smashville and Lylat. FD gets chosen cause it has more votes.

:character:
:response:

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Okay, super stupid question, but how do you change what music your stage has in Stage Builder (after it's been finished and saved)? I seriously can't find it anywhere, and it's bugging me.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Betting on stages goe by a lottery system. If you are playing with 4 people for instance and 2 of you put a coin on FD and the other two choose Smashville and Lylat. FD gets chosen cause it has more votes.
Ohhhh, so coins are like votes... that makes sense.

jimmydudez

Smash Rookie
Just a quick question. I've looked everywhere but had no luck.

It is regarding the challenge called, "Unlock 50 hidden songs".

How many songs in total do you need to complete this one. So far I have 191 songs.

Cheers and thanks for your help.

Jimmy

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Come to the Artwork Emporium! Marvelous Masterpieces await you there!
Don't post that here.

Just a quick question. I've looked everywhere but had no luck.

It is regarding the challenge called, "Unlock 50 hidden songs".

How many songs in total do you need to complete this one. So far I have 191 songs.

Cheers and thanks for your help.

Jimmy
Unlock 50 hidden songs. You can earn songs that aren't hidden. So CD's in SSE don't count but the ones you get for unlocking Sonic or Snake or doing Target tests do.

jimmydudez

Smash Rookie
So the CD's you pick up don't count?

Instead its the ones from challenges and stages.

Am I right?

jimmydudez

Smash Rookie
Okay, then. Thanks

I guess I'll just keep on playing and unlock stuff. I was just wondering if my game had glitched up/stuffed up or something like that.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I have a question regarding the forum.

If I want to edit the title of my thread how do I do that.

I now how to edit a post but not a thread title. and yes I did create the thread.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That stupid guy advertised his lame sig shop EVERYWHERE. BAN HIM.

For the person above me, just click the EDIT button, then GO ADVANCED.
There you can change title and/or content.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Okay, super stupid question, but how do you change what music your stage has in Stage Builder (after it's been finished and saved)? I seriously can't find it anywhere, and it's bugging me.
After going to edit, on the same screen where it asks you about the name, I think just click down where it says music and go left or right. It should go though your music options in order of which game it came from.

That stupid guy advertised his lame sig shop EVERYWHERE. BAN HIM.
Oh, I don't think his actions are "ban worthy", it's actually a sig contest - I assume he wants us to vote in it...

How about an infraction or something?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I NEED HELP!

Everytime I click on a different page on SWF, an icon appears saying that I have received a message. Even if i've still seen the message or even deleted it the icon thing still appears.

It really annoying and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Doe anybody know if it's possible to escape a Pikachu hitting you with a paper fan or is it truly an infinite?

Flayl

Smash Hero
I tried smash DI'ing, but then again I was Bowser. Maybe Bowser's out of luck?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I NEED HELP!

Everytime I click on a different page on SWF, an icon appears saying that I have received a message. Even if i've still seen the message or even deleted it the icon thing still appears.

It really annoying and I was hoping you guys could help me out.
I had the same problem awhile back too. Very annoying. The thing I did though was to go to options and disable "Alert me when I have a message" or something like that.

I tried smash DI'ing, but then again I was Bowser. Maybe Bowser's out of luck?
The fan traps EVERYONE for quite some time. Smash DI will only eventually get you out, but only after some good percentage.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Thanks MenoUnderwather. I'll do that.

By the way, can anyone tell me how to quote. As you can see I haven't done much posting and I'm just too lazy to look up how to quote right now. Thanks.

Top Bottom