• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
k this is probably
teh most stupidest question i will
Ever ask in smash history BUT!
This is teh question && answer part of falco so
*clears throat* How do you
*whispers* di with falco && how to di certain
Tilt locks. Sounds kinda ******** but the falco boards
Are ma dudes so i can trust y'all judgment.
Links && posts are thankful =]

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Stop double/triple/quadruple/multi-posting. Use an edit button. Or just put it all into one post. If you have different things you want to address

---

seperate them.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I say DI to the ground or DI upwards. DIing to move left or right of shiek really leads into more ftilts. To the ground leads allows you to shield or upwards leads you jump out. I say before 30% DI down to get the shield and then you can do whatever. DI upwards above shiek after 30%.

Shiek can still do something do you before you do those though. Shiek can try to grab if you DI down to the ground, or can uptilt if you DI above her. Although, you are more likely to run into shieks that cannot properly read DI and always punish. Most often they will try to ftilt again out of habit after you have avoided the range of the next ftilt leading to their ftilt messing up.
I think I'll stick to this. I've had more success doing this than DI'ing left or right. Still, neither of them are safe =(

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but how should I DI Sheik's ftilt after 30%
Here's a thread from the Sheik boards about their options from the Ftilt lock.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199888

I'll leave it up to you to decide where you want to go.

Edit: By the way, is there some reason why the thread's title is spelled incorrectly? Is it some sort of inside joke for Falco mains or something?

"Ask a Question. Get an Answer."

Pure's right. There is no way that "question" or any other word in the thread was ever not spelled correctly.

QUESTION: Is there anything that will combo or lead into a Bair from the front side? (The part of the hitbox that doesn't include the foot)

Jon?

Smash Champion
"Ask a Question. Get an Answer."

Pure's right. There is no way that "question" or any other word in the thread was ever not spelled correctly.

Is there anything that will combo or lead into a Bair from the front side? (The part of the hitbox that doesn't include the foot)
While they are in the air, Uair to bait the air dodge and go straight to a Bair?

While they are in the air, Uair to bait the air dodge and go straight to a Bair?
Look at this scenario. You are running at someone and you SH Bair (NOT RAR), thus falco's foot is facing away from the enemy when you make contact with them. We know this gets really low knockback and I wanted to know if anything really comboed after using the Bair like this.

Edit: Then again... Dair might be a better option then whatever Bair could combo into, but I don't know.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Hmm...I never followed up with another move after a Bair. I think approaching with a Dair for better "combos" or follow ups.

Now that you mention it, Nair and Dair are better options anyway. Bair you have to FF a lot of characters to hit them like that. Nair does the same thing, but it's multiple hits and auto cancels which can lead into just about anything. Then you have Dair which is safer on the approach. Yeah, I guess Bair for a use like that is like dtilt, it's overshadowed by better options, so any possible leads or combos are not viable.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
What the heck? I haven't been in this board for a while, but honestly, a question board?

I liked it better when we could ask quesestions, those were really interesting topics.

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
Look at this scenario. You are running at someone and you SH Bair (NOT RAR), thus falco's foot is facing away from the enemy when you make contact with them. We know this gets really low knockback and I wanted to know if anything really comboed after using the Bair like this.

Edit: Then again... Dair might be a better option then whatever Bair could combo into, but I don't know.
Can't you bair punch?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Bair punch is what crystal is referring to.

We just don't really call it Bair punch since it doesn't really need it's own name. It's just the front of Bair's hitbox.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL I originally named it that just to explain what it looked like to me.
Kinda like how I refer to shield stabbing someone on a platform with nair from below as "scooping" them.

Bair punch is what crystal is referring to.

We just don't really call it Bair punch since it doesn't really need it's own name. It's just the front of Bair's hitbox.
Since you dont' mention anything about what that goes into I guess I was right in thinking that there aren't many practical uses for it over Dair or Nair.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Since you dont' mention anything about what that goes into I guess I was right in thinking that there aren't many practical uses for it over Dair or Nair.
Its faster and higher priority then both if I'm not mistaken, (although dair probably has better priority from the bottom). In my opinion the rising bair punch is one of the best options for quick ground to air attacking.

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
Bair punch's a good fakeout when you are used to approach with SHnair, however I don't use it as a systematical approach because of the short range.
Since it sends the opponent horizontally and low altitude, it places the opponent in a good position for a nair->utilt if they attempt to tech or a uair->dair if they double jump. At higher percentages, I use it as an opportunistic killer.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
About the marth vs falco matchup, my main brawling partner is a marth and he has the feeling that the matchup certainly isn't 50/50, while I say it is, for I win most games lately, and he just says that's because I improved my game in such a fast pace that he still has to adept to it.

So do you guys think that if you're experienced with the matchup it's 50/50 or is the advantage a bridge that you can't overcome?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Experience in the matchup obviously improves your odds.

Matchup ratios however, are just on paper ratios describing how the matchup is gagued when both characters play at their absolute best in the current metagame.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Experience in the matchup obviously improves your odds.

Matchup ratios however, are just on paper ratios describing how the matchup is gagued when both characters play at their absolute best in the current metagame.
Well SK92 mainly plays dannykatt (a marth) and he seems to rip through marths, though I haven't seen how well he fares with his 'new style'

Imo, marth is easier if you know the player, but that doesnt really change the matchup though :psycho:

Jon?

Smash Champion
I don't feel as the matchup with Marth is 40-60 in Marth's favor. I have a friend who plays marth and I know others who main him as well. To me, I believe it is 45-55 in Marth's favor, worst case scenario.

If you just space youself well with lasers and phantasm away from uncomfortable spots, a good Falco player will win.

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Well you wont always be able to phantasm away against marth. His attacks are reallly fast, so he shouldbe able to hit you with reflex and he can corner you to the ledge which is also a very displeasant place to be against a marth.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Well against marth I don't use shdl, rather shl, and if you just keep doing it it's harder for the marth to predict your phantasm, especially if you shl on close range.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well SK92 mainly plays dannykatt (a marth) and he seems to rip through marths, though I haven't seen how well he fares with his 'new style'

Imo, marth is easier if you know the player, but that doesnt really change the matchup though :psycho:
That's because he has excellent Marth experience.

His Falco Marth matchup experience is greater than his opponent Marths'.

That doesn't mean Marth isn't a technically difficult matchup for Falco, because the nature of his mobility, range, and spacing.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
That's because he has excellent Marth experience.

His Falco Marth matchup experience is greater than his opponent Marths'.

That doesn't mean Marth isn't a technically difficult matchup for Falco, because the nature of his mobility, range, and spacing.
Meh, I think Marths Fair spacing can be beat by laser and phantasm.

But this isn't a matchup thread, so let's drop this discussion :)

Anyone been able to include CG > footstool > platform canceling > LL into their game yet? I haven't had to much luck with it. Platform canceling is killing me.

Meh, I think Marths Fair spacing can be beat by laser and phantasm.

But this isn't a matchup thread, so let's drop this discussion :)
Ahh.... It lasted 9 posts I wanted to continue it :p

wangston

Smash Lord
First question is do you get a boost if a attack and then grab? It would be logical. lol star trek. Because you get the momentum boost when doing a reverse grab and you get one when you up smash. So i'm pretty sure this works when you grab.

Also how long can olimar be chaingrab? I always do a walking grab and it's like 25-30% but I was at a tournament the other week and OS was using falco lol, and the olimar said no falco chain grabs him beyond the that range but OS did. I didn't see the match but I'm assuming he did a dash grab. But wouldn't be be better to do a dac grab? if one exist?

Top Bottom