• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

(My Question.) Does the standing cg work on all the characters? The reason i ask is because it only seemed to work on fast falling characters for me.
No, it does not work on everyone.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315249
Fox, Wolf, Falco (until about 20%).

Additional, pikachu/DDD/TL could be standing CG if your back is facing the ledge and you are on the very edge of the ledge (pivot grab can place you there). There is a weird property where these three characters receive reduced knockback on ledges.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoNIbdI8y_s&feature=relmfu
I believe though that TL has to be on Pictochat in order for this to work with a standing CG.
You know how sometimes Falco phantasms to the top of the ledge and he doesn't grab the ledge or land, and instead goes back into his normal falling animation? Why does this happen?
No idea why it does that.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
About the ledge cancel phantasm, my take is that it happens when you reach a spot where you're supposed to grab the ledge but you don't. It must be similar to SJR in how the games handles ledge hogging.
It's totally spacing dependant and can't be done if someone is already on the ledge.

Many characters can do it with their side or up B (Falcon, Marth, Wolf) and Jiggs can even do it with her jumps. Derp.

The instant where she sang below the ledge and still regrabbed, I have had this happen quite often with Falco's UpB. He'll get stuck underneath a ledge like FD, lylat, or PS1, then using those magnetic wings of his he grabs the ledge.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I need some help.

So i been screwing around with falco for awhile but something I can't seem to get down is shortening his side-b recovery.

What do u guys do to perfect it? An audio cue, a time cue, just look at the animation, spam b??

Been trying to figure this out, an audio cue seems to slightly work but isnt reliable enough. Whats the best way?

I do not use visual cues or sound at all. For me, its been this intuitive feeling regarding when to press the button.

Its a really similar feeling to when you try buffering a dash out of a dthrow or perhaps when changing up your laser heights from a short hop. Anytime you have to delay your inputs to properly time something; its that sort of intuition.

Usually I will try SideB a few times to calibrate my timing to get use to shortening. Say I get the shortest shorten a couple times, I'll try waiting a wee bit longer. I usually do not have the accuracy to get the exact shorten I would like (its a one frame window >_>), but I can usually get a shorten of any length (3 frame window).

I originally tried doing a visual or sound cue, but I found it changed too much depending upon my reaction to it. Plus, I would be waiting for the visual cue and sort of expecting a count down when practicing. In an actual match, that sort of situation never happens. Its like a spur of the moment after gauging my opponent that I decide to shorten.

So, I'd say to skip trying to get use to a visual/sound cue and build up more of a muscle memory for shortening. For example, practice specific waiting periods between sideB and pressing B again. If you keep doing that, you should eventually build up a muscle memory for shortening and find yourself getting it far more frequently. No idea how to improve which shorten you get other than keep fine tweaking your delays.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I personnally use the twinkly star falco makes before phantasming. Wait till the star twinkles then press B again.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well u can do the two extremes (very early and late) phantasm cancels reliably pretty darn easily. I learned it a long time ago, can not touch falco for months, and come back to him and be able to do it. Imo, the hardest one to do, and least consistent, is the mid-cancel.

Stupid mid-cancel :(

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Can't even explain how to do it. I just know the timing for each.

Igneel

Smash Rookie
Hello, try to speak with you, but my English is really bad so if you do not understand something sorry.

I have a questions,
I waiting for your answers

How did he do that?
The DI en minute 4:29
And The Buffer in minute 6:05 He do a double Bair and i can´t do that because i can´t jump and do the bair again that so fast

This is the video :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrnbSOk8ARM

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
4:29 the easiest way is to hold your control stick up right and mash your c stick down right. These inputs together will make you Sdi to the right.

6:05 he just jumped and did bair as quick as he can. Just practice pressing your jump and attack button simultaneously until you can skip the animation for your second jump.

:phone:

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

(disclaimer one way trip)

Igneel

Smash Rookie
4:29 the easiest way is to hold your control stick up right and mash your c stick down right. These inputs together will make you Sdi to the right.

6:05 he just jumped and did bair as quick as he can. Just practice pressing your jump and attack button simultaneously until you can skip the animation for your second jump.

:phone:
I think is a buffer or am i in a Mistake?

I do not think it is a buffer. He moved his fingers fast.

(GameCube Controller)
Take the tip of your thumb and press it to the Y button, then move the joint on your thumb downwards onto the A button.

This motion with your thumb will shorten the time between when you press the jump button and the attack button. The only thing left to do is to move the control stick to the side.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
What is Falco's jab2 cancel like on hit? I heard it's -6 (for Falco) on hit, is this true?
I'll say this an inifnite amount of times.

-6 on Jab 1.
-4 on Jab 2.

The transition from Jab 1 -> is 100% safe.

However, Jab 2 becomes like.. 0 for Falco if they Di down and into the ground because it puts them into a hard landing.

Falco's Jab doesn't really benefit from cancelling.

Igneel

Smash Rookie
Hi, I´m Back with a new question

I can do the BDACUS of falco but, i can´t do the DACUS i don´t understand why? because i can do the DACUS from Snake really easy

I can not do the DACUS because when i do that with falco, my player don´t slides the distance correct, he only do how a "1 meter" (sorry it´s an example)

whereas with Snake i do the exactly do with falco and WORKS!!! Help me Why happened this?

(sorry my english is bad :) )
I do the DACUS with Forward+DOwnCStick+Up Z

Jab 1 -> what?

And oh, it puts them in the air. That explains why I couldn't dtilt out of it XD
jab1 -> jab2 cannot be escaped by some attack, jump, shield, or dodge (any move). So 100% safe. The ONLY time its not safe is in the case of spacing/position when you use jab1 and they happen to SDI themselves out of the way of jab2. But Jab1 is a special feature which reduces the distance SDI will allow you to travel.
I can do the BDACUS of falco but, i can´t do the DACUS i don´t understand why? because i can do the DACUS from Snake really easy

I can not do the DACUS because when i do that with falco, my player don´t slides the distance correct, he only do how a "1 meter" (sorry it´s an example)

whereas with Snake i do the exactly do with falco and WORKS!!! Help me Why happened this?

I do the DACUS with Forward+DOwnCStick+Up Z
DACUS works because you can stop the dash attack if you do an Usmash early enough. Each character has a period of time between when they dash attack to when they can Usmash.

Snake has a long period of time while Falco has a short period of time. You need to "up + Z" sooner after you "down c-stick" to DACUS with Falco.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
If falco's only sliding 1 meter but he's still doing an upsmash, it's still a DACUS. It's just not the full-length DACUS that you get with a BDACUS.

Q: How useful is walk-off dair without fastfall?

kismet2

Smash Ace
it's pretty useful for chaingrabbing fox and sticking out as a sexkick for opponents that like to go for the ledge. it's pretty good on yoshi's since you have the option to wall jump

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If I'm getting jabbed by Ike at the edge, what can I do to prevent jab to dtilt spike?
Sdi the dtilt and tech it. Hard to do but once u get the hang of general sdi/teching it's pretty easy. I do it to ryo all the time~
You can SDi up and away.
It should never hit you.
Wrong. Jab 1 has a low sdi multiplier. U can't get enough sdi inputs of up and away if you're already below the lip when u get jabbed. As a rule of thumb if u get jabbed and you're legs are below the lip it might be coming. U can airdodge but that's dangerous as well.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If it didn't get stolen or used before the jab, can't you just wait for Ike to start the DTilt animation and jump.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If it didn't get stolen or used before the jab, can't you just wait for Ike to start the DTilt animation and jump.
Mid-air jump IS frame 1 so possibly. Idk how fast falco travels in the air but dtilt is decently slow. The thing is u can cancel hitstun with an airdodge faster than u can w/a jump. So that affects things. Something to try for sure. But then u risk him going for something else and being w/o your DJ. Point being...no matter what u do in that situation bad things are gonna happen xD

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I know I've been robbed as Ike a couple of times for wanting it after a jab and seeing them jump away. Fairly sure I'm right.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Wrong. Jab 1 has a low sdi multiplier. U can't get enough sdi inputs of up and away if you're already below the lip when u get jabbed. As a rule of thumb if u get jabbed and you're legs are below the lip it might be coming. U can airdodge but that's dangerous as well.
Well.. I've never been in this position, Even when I played San.
So I had no idea about the low SDi multiplier, and from what I've seen.. They need to do more than 1 Jab 1 to get you low enough if you aren't already. Which is why I said to SDi up and away.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What is phantasm's first invul frame and I'll see. I want to say you could mash it out and that DTilt relies on bad reactions and OMG THAT'S DTILT! NO ONE DOES THAT! Except everyone does it.

me9595

Smash Apprentice
So while i was at work today, i was thinking of falco's gatling combo, and i started to think about how it was similar to the DACUS in that it is a DACUS just with different timing, and that made me wonder if you can cancel the dash attack to a grab or a pivot grab like you can with the regular DAC

Nope.

The dash attack can be canceled with a grab or an usmash on different frames. It can only be canceled on only frames 1-2 with a grab. The actual hitbox for dash attack comes out on frame 3. So by the time the hitox for dash attack comes out, you can no longer cancel into a grab.

The usmash will cancel dash attack on frames 2-4

Top Bottom