• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

swordsaint

Smash Master
It is a very secret AT that I have discovered recently, no one else knows about this except for me a few other people. I'll be showing it off very soon ;)
I detect a troll but if it's real you should tell me via pm or something. im 100% falco so i can keep it to myself <3

.AC.

Smash Lord
It is a very secret AT that I have discovered recently, no one else knows about this except for me a few other people. I'll be showing it off very soon ;)
if i see you before you show it, lets mm, 2dllsr vs secret falco advanced bird tech

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
AC is good Denzi. He's beaten me, DSF, and Mikehaze in tournament before.

Btw I was trolling you AC :laugh:

Btw I was trolling you AC :laugh:

Do not lie DEHF. YOu know that a glasses throw is legit. All you do AC is take your glasses, and jam them in the eyes of the other player. If they cannot see, they cannot play! Pretty crafty, right? ;)

swordsaint

Smash Master
I don't personally feel like outcamping him is the way to go tbh. He can get above lasers a lot with his floatiness and get a bomb or two + a boomerang in the way of our camping. puts us on a defensive camp where toon link can start zoning falco decently.

a lot of the time I feel like this matchup isn't so much about 'being aggressive' or 'holding momentum' but just finding ways to make tink not want as many projectiles.

swordsaint

Smash Master
if you really want to camp it's gonna revolve around knowing when tinks staying above lasers and then full hopping them

but i mostly find that mid range area works well for making him uneasy/unsafe about projectiles and allowing falco room etc

I don't really know too much about tink, i have a bit of problem with his projectiles myself which is why i just end up playing falcos jab/ftilt/grab/uptilt game up close and the occasional laser for pressure options.

ask vlade :)
dont be silly. vlade loses to corpse and doesn't actually feel comfortable in that matchup, vlade himself has recently been thinking his super laser campy game is rather ineffective on tink.

How do I out-camp a Toon Link?
I don't like playing campy either, but I find it tough to get close enough to him.
To get in close, you have to mix in phantasm, rolls and shield dashes. Pretty much anything TL does to your shield, you can punish if you manage to mess up his spacing by getting in close enough, then you merely punish with OoS stuff. Again, if you feel you cannot get an opening, just sit back and defend camp for the most part. It's trying to use any opening you can to get in. From the experience I have had, this seems to be the case.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
vlade has more mu experience than any other australia though, so i figured he should know a thing or two. in much the same way that i still lose to tibor, but know the mu like the back of my hand.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I play gords and foxy on a regular basis, and they are by no means bad, underrated underachievers. Gords gets mad too easy then starts failing, has extreme highs in the game and extreme lows (usually during tournament) and foxy has been improving in leaps and bounds, he amazed me a few times on monday at Tedeths.

Even if they're not on the level of someone such as corpse, you can learn and begin to understand the matchup.

As for Vlade, he's been in Japan for a bit and hasn't played too much Smash for a very long time. Suggesting he has a lot of recent experience against sam would be wrong as well since Sam has only been to one tournament this year, and like 2 months last year due to personal issues. Needless to say, a lot changes in like 9 months.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to practice bdacus out of spot dodge and throw. If I'm doing gatling combo what does that mean?

So far to get the buffering timing down on dthrow and spot dodge I'd just try to buffer a dash out of each of those things. After that I'd practice doing dash+ cstick up > c stick up

Now Im just doing gatling combo. =_= I want to know if its because I'm not in the buffer window or are my c stick movements to slow?! I feel like I'm doing the c stick movements pretty quick.

M@v

Subarashii!
@ Denzi

I wish my set vs links24 from /hope was recorded to show you(I 2-0d him this time around).

Outcamping per say is tricky, but the real key to shutting toon down is predicting the zair.

If you powershield his zair, you can dash attack him usually. If they spotdodge when you PS it(a bad habit I noticed from links) upsmash them.

Don't try to fight his bombs: reflect his arrows and boomerang.

M@v

Subarashii!
@ acton. It means your not pushing the cstick twice fast enough. Your essentially bdacusing, but the upsmash is coming out too late

Scenario hypothesis.

Getting a grab on snake is very good because it means at least 40% from dthrow, then around 13% more from the spike, and then Snake is in the bad situation to recover which means additional C4 damage. Probably at least two c4 blasts which is like another 30%. An 80% potiential lead. However, it is ruined by the fact that Snake can tech the stage.

How about CG to the ledge, then forcing a ground release at the edge? This places Snake under the stage without him getting the chance for a tech. However, what problems can you all see arising form this course of action of a ground release at the edge instead of a spike attempt?

Denzi

Smash Master
How about CG to the ledge, then forcing a ground release at the edge? This places Snake under the stage without him getting the chance for a tech. However, what problems can you all see arising form this course of action of a ground release at the edge instead of a spike attempt?
Larry says CG and just footstool out of the last dthrow. Same thing, but in that case we can get the ledge before Snake. If you ground release he just snaps to the ledge (and you can't count on an air release).

.AC.

Smash Lord
he can just get to the other side of the ledge (on most stages) without the need of a c4.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
That foot stool thing doesn't work at all. Tried it out a few days ago in matches. Snake could directly get on stage with his 2nd jump.

You can count on an air release if you cg him to the ledge so that his feet won't touch the ground. But since he still would have his 2nd jump there would be no use.

Larry says CG and just footstool out of the last dthrow. Same thing, but in that case we can get the ledge before Snake. If you ground release he just snaps to the ledge (and you can't count on an air release).
DDDs have used this against him because it puts him in a very bad spot to recover in. For one, Snake does not auto snap the ledge after falling down, he falls past it. This means he has to use his second jump, but to make sure he does not jump up past the stage, he has to fall further. If you see this you should be able to either edgehog, or regrab him after he jumps back up. If he goes for the C4 recovery, even better, you get added damage.

he can just get to the other side of the ledge (on most stages) without the need of a c4.
IAP to the other side and edgehog. It's so easy to see coming and it's impossible for Snake to change direction and still go underneath without C4, this means you will know he is attempting to go underneath the stage. If you edgehog, he has to c4 recover anyway. Bad idea for snake, and not going to happen very often. Maybe even never.

.AC.

Smash Lord
i think he can actually get there before you (except on lylat) on most stages.

Forgot that stage existed, gets banned everytime. Better question would be, whats the best non-FD stage for falco?

Any stage that is flat. If you get a stage like that, then Falco is excellent. This means battlefield, smashville, pictochat, etc. It merely depends upon the match-up for which is best. Plus, the all popular Jungle Japes if it is still legal in many areas.

I really think falco does pretty good against people on battlefield. Even if they try to platform camp, it's rather difficult. In a single SH you can fire two lasers to the lower platforms, and you can reach the top platform in a full hop and safely attack with Bair or Nair. Platforms also allow you mix-up into your recovery.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys like Green Greens? I think its an excellent Falco stage. Grounded lasers from one of the side platforms skids across the surface of the middle platform to catch crawlers. Also hits some ducking characters on the opposite lower platform. Full hop lasers takes care of the platforms in the middle.. and our reflector will destroy all 3 columns of blocks it hits to get rid of the bombs and blocks at a safe distance.

swordsaint

Smash Master
green greens should be a tournament banned stage anyway

anyway i dont particularly find picto that amazing of a stage, small boundaries and a high bottom blastzone make things a bit weird, including the very small slant occasionaly interrupting recovery phantasms. the numerous hazards often get in falcos way, including but not limited to the boat section, that box/castle section, the section with a lot of platforms, and occasionally the mine cart one.

overall i havent had the best of luck on this stage

battlefield is falcos best neutral imo. i'd put it above final destination to be honest, but that's just me. second best I'd put at smashville for sure.

another few stages i dont have much trouble on (and quite frankly like) are yoshis, halberd and frigate. (yes frigate, play the stage properly and you wont be getting gayed by it)

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Well Green Greens is an MLG counterpick stage, so most tournies i've been to have picked up their Ruleset. But yeah Frigate isnt too bad, though the no ledge thing gets a little annoying. I agree with you about battlefield, very good stage, using the platforms to recover helps mix up things a bit.

Despite it being a rare pick, it is useful to have it in mind should the case ever arise that you get stuck in that situation. Whilst many matches will be played out on the ever common counterpicks, the knowledge is still useful. Just like being able to SDI the CG spike from another falco. It might be rare, but it's a skill that could save your stock. So to could good knowledge and experience on a rare stage save you form losing the set.

For the most part, however, it is better that you stick with stages that Falco is certainly suitable for which is neutrals. I forgot about Pokemon Stadium 1 being a pretty good choice for Falco too since two of the transformations are campfests anyway (rock/fire). And the rest of the stage is always flat.

But in terms of Frigate and Green Greens. Those stages are catch 22s. They can help you, but only if you stay in control. Would anyone agree that those stages would be better suited CPs if you are typically better than your opponent? If not, you should stick with the neutrals?

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I Don't mind Brinstar unless it's vs Wario or MK, getting the occasional spike on someone sharking is a great feeling.
Halberd isn't too bad, much better than del Fino IMO.

and I love Pokemon Stadium 1. You'd be surprised how Falco's moveset compliments that stage. Its usually my goto if FD is banned

Top Bottom