• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

earla

Smash Lord
I was playing a mk the other day. He said i was 'shield DI'ing'

He said that when he was nado'ing me i wasn't sliding. how was i achieving this?

thanks

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
you don't slide after tornado, so said player didn't know what they were talking about. shield di is completely different (i can't explain it)

also, to block tornado, hold up on your shield so it doesn't shield stab you

C.J.

Smash Master
Earla, do you know what smash DI (SDI) is? Well, when your shield is hit, there is shield hitlag. You can SDI during shield hitlag and move yourself just like SDIing during normal hitlag.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I assume you would. I always just thought you'd end up buffering a roll and getting hit or something.

Reizilla

Wouldn't it just be hitting the c-stick away from the ledge?

Reizilla

Broly's doing alright. Disappeared for a while, but he's coming back around more often.

Vorgy got a gf and disappears all the time now though. Haha. I guess that means good.

Smash-wise, everything's exactly the same, pretty much XD

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
oh yeah i guess if you're at the leadge.

can we shield di forward to not get pushed off? that's be cool
You can just hold down, if you do you don't grab the ledge, and then you can punish his nado lag with a rising fair

Devinish

Smash Cadet
I play some friendlies with a guy who double mains Diddy and Lucario. He's a much better player than I am, but he doesn't know much about the actual mechanics of the game. I wanted to ask a few questions about these matchups in particular (I've read both of the MU threads, several times).

So let's start with Lucario. Even though I know Marth's sword outranges many of Lucario's moves when spaced perfectly, I really have trouble landing hits. What are the best ways to approach Lucario?

How does one prevent themselves from "jumping into the ****?"

Player-3

Smash Hero
just stand about a fair away from him and shield, but don't get dash grabbed

and then when he hits your shield just sh fair

Player-3

Smash Hero
and edgeguard him.

but yeah that's pretty much it, wait for pierce to post he posts alot more info + it's clearer than me

Reizilla

I'm telling you guys. YI Pipes is gonna be the new bess marf stage.

earla

Smash Lord
Where should marth CP pikachu? Assume BF is banned.

CP Thread says Lylat, but it doesn't hinder pika to me.
spoke to esam. cp pikachu to brinstar, limit his movement, early ko's

esam mentioned he wasn't sure but he likes playing marth on neutrals + frigate.

good luck

what do people think about gimping diddys up b with a ledgehop spike? i've done it recently 0% kill.

Reizilla

I didn't read your post, but you're my new favorite Marth player.

Lapras da bess

Player-3

Smash Hero
umby his third hit of side b makes you go flying when you get pushed off a platform, assuming it happened because hablerd platform popped up under you and you stepped off it at just the right time

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
What do you guys think about staggered sideB as a blockstring?
Eh, if the first hit is shielded, you'll usually wanna stop the combo there and see what mixups you can pull out. Otherwise, if you are going to land the whole thing on shield, staggering it isn't a bad idea as you can get maximum shield pressure that way.

BTW, theres no block strings in brawl, lol.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
I know that we have concluded that MK vs marth is 60-40. But what if both MK and Marth plays PERFECTLY. I know that it is impossible but marth has the tools to beat MK in every way, and he out spaces him. So if they both play perfectly wouldnt the match up be 50-50? just wondering what you guys thought of this.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
marth doesn't exactly out space MK.... he punishes MKs whiffs.... and vice versa.

Perfect play? well when you consider marth's invincibility... sdi components (ftilt = mk gets fsmashed if he goes beyond first hit)....

well bleh... trying to think perfect play doesn't really work.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I think marth and snake could easily be the "best" with perfect play. due to the amount of SDIable moves MK has I can't say he qualifies.
that being said I don't really know if snake is either..... maybe falco or diddy? its impossible for IC to be perfect with dumb nana

Top Bottom