• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Just a guideline or something,

Tipped Dsmash ko's Bowser around 130%.

Metaknight Untipped at around 120%, with di.

Also note that you can use this on any character to help set a juggle trap since its knockback is usually vertical.

You can get horizontal knockback if you stand close to the opponent, this sometimes kills earlier then a (regular spaced) untipped dsmash depending how close you are to the edge of the screen.

Vitamin_x

Smash Apprentice
Just a guideline or something,

Tipped Dsmash ko's Bowser around 130%.

Metaknight Untipped at around 120%, with di.

Also note that you can use this on any character to help set a juggle trap since its knockback is usually vertical.

You can get horizontal knockback if you stand close to the opponent, this sometimes kills earlier then a untipped dsmash depending how close you are to the edge of the screen.
Thanks for the info.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Yeah really, I had a tourney yesterday and like half my kills were with aerials, I had like 6 Fair kills lol.
LOL yesterday in a friendly doubles match me and my friend who plays Mario were against double MK. I tip fair killed one then walked up to his friend and tip fsmash killed him rofl

Now that I think about it 7/10 kills I got yesterday were probably tip fsmashes XD

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
After the 3 matches that ZMT three stocked me in, we had some tight games filled with tipper, edge hogging goodness.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I ask too many questions. -_-;

Anyway, is it good to have tap jump on as Marth or not?

Villi

Smash Lord
I do both without tap on. Upsmash is easy, while up b probably has an extra couple of frames vulnerability. Y and A are close enough to slide down from one to the other, and I do the same thing to get to b... it probably sets me back a frame or two for b.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I do both without tap on. Upsmash is easy, while up b probably has an extra couple of frames vulnerability. Y and A are close enough to slide down from one to the other, and I do the same thing to get to b... it probably sets me back a frame or two for b.
It's not really worth it to give yourself those extra frames of vulnerability though. It's easy to play with Tap Jump on lol and I didn't even play Melee. When you play against ROBs, Pikas, MKs, and Snakes, you'll thank yourself for having TJ on

Vitamin_x

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone I'm a new Marth player, what is the main thing I should get out of my head of doing with marth that I may think is a good idea
-Marth is easy
-Marth's smashes are spammable
-Counter should be used constantly
-Randomly charging shieldbreaker will mess with the opponents head and cause them to suicide
-Dancing blade is a bad move

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
L Cancel is in Melee and in Brawl+.

In Melee, you tap your preferred shield button (L is the default, hence the name) as soon as your about to touch the ground after using an aerial, which will cut 10% of your landing lag. In Brawl+, it's automatic so don't worry, but same concept if it wasn't.

Kneeslash

Smash Cadet
I have been having trouble spiking and was wondering if most people use the c-stick to spike or they just hit down A?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Using the C-Stick allows for you to attack and control Marth's aerial movement. So, most people usethe C-Stick

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Watch out when using c-stick to dair; if you don't do a rising dair, you'll fastfall, probably to your doom.

Villi

Smash Lord
Unless you're already holding down on your joystick. Hold down before you're able to fast fall and move using the diagonal, and you can use down on the c-stick without fast falling to your doom.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What do I do if I have sudden urges to drop Marth forever for MK?

I was thinking about cutting my wrists, but I don't think it will help. Any ideas?

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Lotion up before any stingy activities...that includes picking MK as that is a job by itself.

****it forgot about Sig.....ok now i fixed it :) I so tired....me needs sleep and R&r and s*x.....

Top Bottom