• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Odigo

Smash Apprentice
Random, unrelated question:

What is the best (subjective) and most balanced (objective?) fighting game you've played?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Random, unrelated question:

What is the best (subjective) and most balanced (objective?) fighting game you've played?
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core.

Although I haven't gotten to play SF4 yet. Looking at the tier list and peoples' comments, though, it doesn't seem like it's as balanced as GG.

Odigo

Smash Apprentice
I definitely think GG is one of the most balanced. I'm not sure about SF though, at least maybe not 4. Needs some more time. I've heard complaints. But people are stupid.

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Planking is ledge stalling for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

Shadow Dragon is pretty awesome. Easier than Path of Radiance, though. Marth and his legion of little girls on flying ponies just slaughter the dragon-born of Doluna.

The only map I had serious trouble with was The Wooden Cavalry, and that was because I wasn't willing to let people die in my glorious conquests.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Planking is ledge stalling for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

Shadow Dragon is pretty awesome. Easier than Path of Radiance, though. Marth and his legion of little girls on flying ponies just slaughter the dragon-born of Doluna.
Peggies sucks in that game. Make Sheeda become a mage early on is way better (loltierqueersforFE).

Eh, I like TvC but despite all the hype it seems to be a pretty niche game. =/

Plus I'm still pretty bad at it. HADOUKEN IS OBVIOUSLY 2 TECHNICAL FOR VIET. SEMI-CIRCLE gsrghdghdga

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
You know, Pierce never did get back to me about the MBR thing. I guess I got rejected? If so what do I need to work on? (Obviously my Marth, which is kinda hard being Wi-Fi only goes so far.)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You know, Pierce never did get back to me about the MBR thing. I guess I got rejected? If so what do I need to work on? (Obviously my Marth, which is kinda hard being Wi-Fi only goes so far.)
That's basically it. Theory is one thing but often you need to show you know the character through more than theoretical advantages and manipulations of situations, w/e. You need to display your knowledge in where it counts best - in the midst of battle.

Otherwise you can luck out and even if your Marth sucks balls they might just like you for what you offer in theory and still be accepted. I'm a [former] example so it's not far-fetched.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Eh figured, I need to go to a smashfest or something.

Ok two new questions, can some record like 3(?) replays for me? And is anyone open for that mentor position, I'm gonna try a new approach at learning things.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Eh figured, I need to go to a smashfest or something.

Ok two new questions, can some record like 3(?) replays for me? And is anyone open for that mentor position, I'm gonna try a new approach at learning things.
Ill help you out if you want, and Ill also try to get those vids up, but like I said before, my capture card is unreliable.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Hmm where'd those go... Well I think it was in Ulevo's guide but it went poof~ Hopefully someone can show you.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Does DB help stop momentum at all?
Theres 2 ways of answering really lol. DB 'can' stop momentum, although one way is pretty much outclassed by Marth's fair.

To get on the ground safer: You can use DB to slow your fall for a short time, (say you get utilted by Snake or uthrown by someone). This can throw off the opponents juggle traps.

To help survive after being hit: Use Fair here, not DB. Fair is way better to help stop momentum, you should DI as well, obviously.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
And if you've been reading up, its great to kill with aerials, they are easier and a lil more reliable because your pressuring as usual.

Top Bottom