• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Soooo I have some more questions. Anyone willing to answer my many noob questions that has AIM?

Kel

Smash Master
Don't try to beat D3's bair. Wait for him to do it and react with your own fair. Cross D3 up with uair behind him and go from there. Learn the distances to which you can punish D3's waddles and ftilt.

The MU still sucks.

HyruleOceanic

Smash Cadet
Hello Smash boards! It has been awhile since I have been able to play brawl (my wii stopped reading it), so I need some pointers on spacing Marths attacks and making effective use of dancing blade (yes I know noob question, but Im rusty and cant remember) Thanks in advance!

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Hello Smash boards! It has been awhile since I have been able to play brawl (my wii stopped reading it), so I need some pointers on spacing Marths attacks and making effective use of dancing blade (yes I know noob question, but Im rusty and cant remember) Thanks in advance!
I can't help much on Spacing, but, what I generally have always done, is used Dancing Blade to punish what my opponent does, it's the easiest way to tack on damage and refresh your move set.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Just another noob question real quick. Would Marth be able to land a pivot fsmash on certain characters after doing a grab release? Like MK and Wario?

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Just another noob question real quick. Would Marth be able to land a pivot fsmash on certain characters after doing a grab release? Like MK and Wario?
you can but it's not guranteeded at all.
depends on how bad the di of your opponent is

best combo for a pivot smash is your opponent approaches with a ad read it and reverse pivot smash..or right after you do a f throw. at some prevents certain characters fly and stop right at the range needed to get tippered. also

pivot smash on battlefield is cool bc when your opponent lands or rolls on a platform you can read it and pivot smash a tipper at the feet.

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
What are you talking about?

Austin, Marth can fsmash Wario out of a GR and can fsmash MK (and probably a few other ones) out of a grab release on the SV platform, assuming the platform is moving the correct way of course.

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
he can stutter step f-smash squirtle out of grab release as well. and to add on to what cj said, marth can also stutter step f-smash mk on rainbow cruise on the top part if you're in the correct direction.

and for the sv platform f-smash on mk cj was talking about, no pivot or stutter step needed.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
What are you talking about?
he said a PIVOT fsmash. last time I checked that's not the samething as a FSMASH. of course you can fsmash wario and others out of gr but if you try to do a pivot smash you def miss the character entirely.

too add on to my knowledge you can only fsmash squirtle, wario, ness and Lucas on the ground. you can not fsmash mk out of gr unless your on that god like platform on smashville

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
he said a PIVOT fsmash. last time I checked that's not the samething as a FSMASH. of course you can fsmash wario and others out of gr but if you try to do a pivot smash you def miss the character entirely.

too add on to my knowledge you can only fsmash squirtle, wario, ness and Lucas on the ground. you can not fsmash mk out of gr unless your on that god like platform on smashville
um...you should read austin's question again nova awkk -_-

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
this is maybe more than noob but... what is a pivot Fsmash?
guys unless your asking what button to press to shield none of these questions are "noob" and it's where your run and perform a fsmash with out stopping. performed by inputting a fsmash command during your second fox trot I think ive got a video of Leon doing it not sure.

I found one, there are better vids of it I just dont feel like searching :( skip to 2:55 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of0jGs05qvo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
after doing a grab release you CAN NOT PIVOT SMASH mk or wario idk what part of this u don't understand but do not quote and ask me to read anything else on the matter bc it's settled. you CAN fsmash wario after grab release you CANNOT pivot smash either character out of grab release. done.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
guys unless your asking what button to press to shield none of these questions are "noob" and it's where your run and perform a fsmash with out stopping. performed by inputting a fsmash command during your second fox trot I think ive got a video of Leon doing it not sure.

I found one, there are better vids of it I just dont feel like searching :( skip to 2:55 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of0jGs05qvo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
so that's how that's named, I just called an Fsmash out of a foxtrot :p

thanks for the info, Mr.R showed it on his combo video and I've done it since a long time ago too, anyway, there's no 2:55 timer for that video but deduced it was 1:55

thank you again

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
That's... how in the world do you get off calling that a pivot fsmash?

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
so that's how that's named, I just called an Fsmash out of a foxtrot :p

thanks for the info, Mr.R showed it on his combo video and I've done it since a long time ago too, anyway, there's no 2:55 timer for that video but deduced it was 1:55

thank you again
yes I'm sorry I meant 1:55 and your welcome.

That's... how in the world do you get off calling that a pivot fsmash?
well..he's running and stops and does a charged fsmash. which is ta da! a pivot smash!...... :waits for applause:

C.J.

Smash Master
No, that would be a pivot smash out of a foxtrot. A pivot smash is moving one way and attacking the other... since you're turning (pivoting) in the process.

You're kind of right, you're just adding in extraneous parts.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
No, that would be a pivot smash out of a foxtrot. A pivot smash is moving one way and attacking the other... since you're turning (pivoting) in the process.

You're kind of right, you're just adding in extraneous parts.
well me and Leon have been calling that a pivot smash...he the one who showed me how to use it. do you have any vids of it cj?

C.J.

Smash Master
Go look at Leon/Mike vs Wario. They GR, stutterstep into Wario and then fsmash the other way. "Pivot" just means to turn around. Since you're going one way and fsmashing the opposite way, you turn around in the process.

Now, in order to fsmash out of a foxtrot you have to TRUE PIVOT which is what you're talking about/thinking of.

I'm done talking about this though. This is a completely inane and useless discussion.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Go look at Leon/Mike vs Wario. They GR, stutterstep into Wario and then fsmash the other way. "Pivot" just means to turn around. Since you're going one way and fsmashing the opposite way, you turn around in the process.

Now, in order to fsmash out of a foxtrot you have to TRUE PIVOT which is what you're talking about/thinking of.

I'm done talking about this though. This is a completely inane and useless discussion.
well I do that but...never heard that called a pivot smash before. and if it helps someone out it's not useless. but I understand.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
My friends and I have always called it a "Dash Fsmash/ ______" Since.. you can do anything out of a true pivot.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
How do you do tilts out of pivots? I'm having a hard time with them and by that I mean I'm not getting them at all. : /

C.J.

Smash Master
Pivots, as in true pivots from dashing?

dash a direction, input the same direction, then immediately the opposite direction, then the same direction again w/in 2 frames and then the analog stick has to be back to neutral w/in 2 frames again.

Or something like that.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
if you have the analog stick lightly downwards or upwards you can c stick to do tilts, I think the same applies to ftilts but something in the back of my memory is making me question otherwise.

So true pivot into moving the analog stick down/up/forward lightly and then c stick in that direction....

clowsui

Smash Legend
Bengals did research on it and he said it's physically impossible without using attack stick iirc. It's in a thread somewhere

C.J.

Smash Master
if you have the analog stick lightly downwards or upwards you can c stick to do tilts, I think the same applies to ftilts but something in the back of my memory is making me question otherwise.

So true pivot into moving the analog stick down/up/forward lightly and then c stick in that direction....
Certainly makes it easier.

Bengals did research on it and he said it's physically impossible without using attack stick iirc. It's in a thread somewhere
Well, he's wrong.

It's just really really hard. Go watch the new MikeNeko vids. Look at all his true pivots into crouches. All that it requires is a soft down+A.

I don't think I've ever seen a top marth player use a tilt or anything out of pivot other than fsmash. it's pretty hard to do =[

yes, yes it is

C.J.

Smash Master
That doesn't matter. The point is he was able to true pivot into a crouch, which is all only done by using the analog stick. True pivots put you into a neutral standing position. This means that you can do anything out of a true pivot with "soft" inputs- it's just really really hard.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

You can buffer all the tilts if you are good enough with the analog
You can do dtilt with the cstick if you crouch right after and it's very immediate

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Soooooo if I fthrow MK and he di's in is tippered fsmash guaranteed? It seems reallllly fast. Probably not though. Also would it work on other characters? Sorry again for noob questions...

Top Bottom