• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ballin: I think project 64k auto loads the file named "Jabo_Direct3D7" when you go online. So to bypass this stupid thing just rename your working plugin into "Jabo_Direct3D7". I'm not sure about what I'm saying and others know that better than me, but since nobody answers you, try this already.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Ballin: I think project 64k auto loads the file named "Jabo_Direct3D7" when you go online. So to bypass this stupid thing just rename your working plugin into "Jabo_Direct3D7". I'm not sure about what I'm saying and others know that better than me, but since nobody answers you, try this already.
You are correct

You are very wise and I bet you are a great person to be around with

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Can someone direct me to some good Samus videos to watch? I've seen a couple of Isai playing, but there is not a lot of Samus that I can find.

Battlecow

Play to Win
hi,
i just started again playin on n64. I i want to get captain falcon.
Everyone said i have to play the game in under 20 min. to get him, doesnt matter which difficulty.
So i chose "very easy" and 5 stocks and made it.
But i played now 3 thimes under 20 and it doesnt work?
So could somebody tell what i rly have to do to ge him?

sorry for this dumb question, but im just a noob
I think you just go through the game really fast. 20 minutes sounds about right. Try it without losing a stock? Or on Normal difficulty? Are you sure you're doing it fast enough?

I just tried it again, it worked for me.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Sooo..
No input on controller settings in pj64k??

Sorry to ask again, just trying to figure out this deadzone thing.
might not be a bad idea for a guide-different control setups and their pros &cons..

:phone:

Peek~

Smash Lord
Sooo..
No input on controller settings in pj64k??

Sorry to ask again, just trying to figure out this deadzone thing.
might not be a bad idea for a guide-different control setups and their pros &cons..

Host a solo game on Kaillera and just keep experimenting with different numbers until you find something that works for you.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Ok, I tried this, but when I hit "Start Netplay" it gives me a message saying "Current GFX dll could not be used please selected another one". If I try to play online anyway it crashes PJ64k

Thanks for the help btw. I'm trying to get online working on this new computer and I don't want to go through tons of trial and error.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it is working. I realized that I renamed the file incorrectly (lol fail)

Edit 2: Ok, now I'm having the problem where when I join a game my controls don't respond at all. It seems like when I host a game the same thing happens to whoever joins. Any thoughts?

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
I have two questions.

1. What is the best place to get like-new 1st party N64 controllers? Looking on Amazon, controllers with a tight joystick from a high rep seller are around $20-$35 (which is relatively close to what a Hori can be had for with patience), and on Ebay I had similar results. Are the Nintendo Repair Shop refurbished controllers as good as advertised? The price seems right if they are since they are coming from a more reputable dealer than an Ebay or Amazon seller.

2. Does anyone run Kaillera/Smash on linux? They have the source for Kaillera up suggesting that it is doable, but I simply can't find any success stories. A wine solution would be fine, but barring either that or a native solution, would a controller/usb-adaptor work in virtualbox like most other usb devices?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Be carefull with Amazon, last time I bought so-called nintendo new controllers they were actually third party controllers and didn't work well. I think ebay is fairly reliable and I don't know about the nintendo repaired shop but I think they're good. Any confirmation would be needed though.

Concerning kaillera for linux I don't think anyone uses it, but you can give it a try. Btw where are you from? Check the Euro thread if you're from europe (your name sounds french).

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
Be carefull with Amazon, last time I bought so-called nintendo new controllers they were actually third party controllers and didn't work well. I think ebay is fairly reliable and I don't know about the nintendo repaired shop but I think they're good. Any confirmation would be needed though.

Concerning kaillera for linux I don't think anyone uses it, but you can give it a try. Btw where are you from? Check the Euro thread if you're from europe (your name sounds french).

I might just take the risk and try the Nintendo Repair Shop ones then, if I do I will report on their quality.

I am actually in North Carolina, USA. The limaçon is a geometrical concept explored by the French mathematician Pascal, so excellent guess.

aaronmhite

Smash Rookie
When I played malva he already had the settings on stock, 5, no items, etc. Could anyone help me set mine up like this with any settings? And where do I get those weird maps (metal Mario stage and dreamland 2)? Where would I put the files or whatever after dl'ing them?

Thanks.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
When I played malva he already had the settings on stock, 5, no items, etc. Could anyone help me set mine up like this with any settings? And where do I get those weird maps (metal Mario stage and dreamland 2)? Where would I put the files or whatever after dl'ing them?

Thanks.

It's all gameshark codes. Check your gameshark settings in PJ64k (it's in one of the menus, I forget which).

If you don't have those codes listed then you need to download a new .cht file I think ... there was a thread about it a while back.

Or just wait for someone else who knows more than I

Sangoku

Smash Master
Options -> gameshark codes and find the one you need ^^.

If you don't find it, download another cheat file. Either in the smash index (I think malva's one is uploaded) or in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300968. And just put it in your pj64 folder (either after renaming the old one, or deleting it).

Btw ballin have you managed to make online work? If yes do you enjoy DELAY AND LAG?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
So how is the nintendo repair shop? I need some new controllers bad. I'm not gonna be able to play at all soon once my last controller dies.

Haven't bought a new n64 controller since like 1999.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Go on craigslist or something

there are plenty of people with good-stick controllers hanging around.

TANK64

Smash Lord
So how is the nintendo repair shop? I need some new controllers bad. I'm not gonna be able to play at all soon once my last controller dies.

Haven't bought a new n64 controller since like 1999.
Lake Mary PnT, or a Friend that you might know irl. :(
Scrub :mad:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Where do you guys go when Galaxy is down? It is down, right?..

if/when galaxy is down i go to
East Wonderland
72.5.86.115:27888

if thats down too, then i'd try

West Wonderland
69.28.220.230:27888

after that i'd just look for a game of smash in the waiting games' list and go to any ping close to the ping id get at either of those servers

Sangoku

Smash Master
ballin (or anyone): can I know where I could download the plugin jabo 3d6 1.5.2 ? As you said this was the version which didn't make your emu crash.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Looks like an xbox controller, and i love using aj xbox360 controller for smash. But it all comes down to what feels good in your hands...........................$&@"&@

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
My phone isn't allowing me to do the search feature. Sorry if this has already been answered. Does anyone have any advice on lubricating a new n64 controller so the joystick lasts longer? Or is it a waste of time?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Hey. Haven't played this game in ages so I just wanted to ask about the metagame and how it has changed.

I won a tourny with Jigglypuff back in the day, and it's shocking to see how low she is on the list. Even more shocking is Ness who can break shields so easily.

When I played there were mostly Kirby, Pikachu and Ness users.

What happened to Ness and Puff? I know Kirby is all around better, so I can understand Puff being lower due to being out classed (although once you mastered d-air spacing to rest or u-smash she's really awesome, also had some dope combos into rest on hyrule temple which was legal back when I played, is that stage banned now because imo that was her best stage, lived long but she could kill early w/rest) also what on earth happened to Ness? Where infinites or exploits found on these two characters? It's shocking lol.

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question I havent played or kept up with smash64 since Melee came out.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom