• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Battlecow

Play to Win
Nah the one you have probably works

I've forgotten already and don't wanna look for the post- what kind is it/what problems are you having?

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Probably the boom n64/psx adapter.

Try using a different n64 controller, see if you get anything different. OR, OR, OR put a psx controller in there and see what happens.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Hello, is my again

i want request a favor

Someone know where can i find cheats or gamesharks for Smash 64(J) for the Project 64 1.7?

i am searching for the stage select (for select the special ones like Metal mario stage and How to play stage) and for the no music cheat.

please, if someone can help me with this i am gonna be very thanksful :bee:

Dsc

Smash Ace
WOOPS DID NOT READ THE (J) PART.
Well i have no idea then. Dem J gamesharks are hard to find i think..

:phone:

dandan

Smash Lord
i think malva posted a j version of pj or something like that and he said he seemed to get less lag with it, anyhow, he said it had cheats for j version, like auto pick 4 stock no items and the such, just look at malva's last posts and search for it there.

Sangoku

Smash Master
lol at who is malva. He's someone from the forum that's all you need to know. Then you can use the search option to search posts written by him and find the one you need.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
While playing online, what is the best way to play the game?

Do people use Keyboard or do they use a N64-USB convertor to play with the N64 controller? I just want to know what the best way to play the game is in terms of controllers.

Thanks in advance.

The Star King

Smash Hero
There is no best way. It's personal preference.

With that said, I would recommend N64 controller, so that the skillz you obtain translate best if you ever play console.

:phone:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Before I begin, I believe it says in the smash 64 index that these exact same codes work for the Japanese version as well.

While playing online, what is the best way to play the game?

Do people use Keyboard or do they use a N64-USB convertor to play with the N64 controller? I just want to know what the best way to play the game is in terms of controllers.

Thanks in advance.
each has their ups and downs

I find the keyboard to be less sensitive to input lag (due to the ability to mash) but some movements can't be done on keyboard (Diagonal up b's for instant and to an extent walking as well as short hop u-airs being a pain). Smash DI is rather good with a keyboard for the mashing reason also. Its also free..so, easy.

For controllers, I can't say much for the n64 one as I can't use it well at all but as said it is more authentic and if you have other people who play n64 smash or if you want to go to tournaments, i recommend that one. Other people use Gamecube or 360 controllers. I am thinking of switching myself to a Gamecube controller but I have been quite lazy at buying a controller.

As said, it depends on your preference, each has its ups and downs.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lot of people use KB, but you'll regret it if you ever try to go to a tournament or prove how good you are to someone you know,

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Okay thanks guys. Also, what the tournament standard of this game?

Like would it be played on N64, wii VC or PC?

And also curious, is there a Gamecube controller to N64 backwards convertor?

Thanks for the help guys.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
The tournaments are usually played on N64's in America. That's America's one and only flaw.
Curious as to why thats a bad thing though?

I mean the Wii version does that skipping thing and I have always found Computer emulation on any game to be kinda unstable.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Battlecow is just being Battlecow. It's a good thing that they're played on N64, he's just cut because he's a keyboard player.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I'm a keyboard player and I advocate console tournaments.

On that note, the last monthly I went to had more entrants for Pikmin 2 than Brawl.

yesssssssss

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, well, if I could, you know, participate, it would be nice. My own fault I guess, I wasn't being completely serious.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
At a tri-smash tournament this weekend in Vancouver, BC (which I did not go to), there apparently was three people who were interested in entering brawl. Two being melee players that don't play brawl. lol

*reads tourney thread*

Actually, apparently the only people who were even there on brawl's day was the tourney host (meta) and some other guy (Mike). lol

(this was in response to aa's post, just forgot to press "post" lol)

twhite90

Smash Rookie
Looking for Tips!

Hello Fellow Smash Players!
I'm a very new person here to the smash forums, (I've kind of been lurking but havent posted anything) But I am very interested in improving as a smash player. I've got a wide range of questions that I hope you guys could help me with.
And to tell you about my experience as a smash player: Never played online, but I like to think that I know how to perform some marginally advanced moves (z-cancel, short hops, tilt to aerial combos, djc with ness...but not well tho!) and I consistently beat all the human friends that I play with...but I still make stupid mistakes. I usually play as pika, or fox and sometimes ness

Just some technique stuff: When you guys short hop do you always use the c-stick? just wondering because my joystick is pretty loose and when I try to short hop with joystick i almost always do full jump. Would you suggest buying a new controller or do you play with a loosey goosey (joystick that is)

Is there a way to play online on a mac?

Also, how would you suggest improving, short of playing online? Against multiple lvl 9s? As many human apponents as possible? I want to try and get online as soon as possible but i dont have a pc!!

If I'm playing as Pika and I do a short hop forward and then Uair I will sometimes double jump, how to I prevent this (tilting seems like right idea but its just tough to pull off)? is there a way to buffer it?

Sorry if I seem like a total noob, but I really like this game and would really appreciate some friendly input and I'd like to keep posting questions if thats ok!
T

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Everyone short hops with the c-buttons, any other way is simply unnecessary and difficult to learn.

Improving can only be done against one good human opponent, since that's where you'll be competing. Level 9s can be abused and anti-human tactics will not work on them.

As for U-Air without double jump, just hold the control stick up slightly rather than slamming it all the way (as if you were tilting).

Welcome to the community.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
Brand new!

Hello forum. Although i have been on this forum for a bit, this is my first post. I was just wondering if there is any way to play online on a mac? I'm the "best" where i live but that means nothing considering i would get smashed by malva(and most of this forum) however it gets boring beating my friends and lvl 9s all the time and I feel like i would improve much by playing against the best. I main with Link, Samus, Falcon, Pika, DK, and Jiggly but can play everyone else except Mario and Yoshi. Anyone live in the Columbus Ohio district? :laugh:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Heya

If you've got an Intel mac you can run bootcamp on it and play online that way

lookin' forward to seeing you online

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey bro! <3 new faces.

Get a new controller if you can afford it; loosey goosey joysticks are lame. As for improving offline, try to get your friends to get kinda good, practicing 1v1s against them is the only way to improve. You can use bootcamp to install windows on a mac if it's a fairly recent mac and play online that way.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It seems you alrealy know some stuff... Then the best advice would be to simply get to play online and play different people, and try to play a lot - in this way you will naturally improve.

And i strongly recommend you to use as many characters as you can, you'll have the most fun this way.

Ticklez

Smash Rookie
Playing online will definitely cause improvement, as you will be exposed to lots of other play styles etc.

However, your potential online is only as high as the techniques you have mastered, and usually online is not the best place to try to learn new things (due to di and lack of easy opportunities to pull them off)

I would suggest typing "Isai Pikachu" on youtube or whatever character (besides Yoshi) that you're interested in. Then try to learn some of those techniques and when you start to feel comfortable with them move them online.

I find level 9 DK's to be decent for practicing on (due to him being so big and easy to hit) but as mentioned earlier don't expect humans online to behave similarly.

LULZY

Smash Cadet
"Direct3D failed to initialize"

So I just got windows 7 and i wanted to get project64k working properly but every time i open it i get a graphics error saying "Direct3D failed to initialize Error code: 8876086A D3DER_NOTAVAILABLE", then after another one saying "Failed to initialize Graphics". I have been trying to fix this for 4 days now. Every graphics plugin I try wont work. Yes i've tried project64KVE and Project64K7E, the same error comes up. Ive come to conclusion that this is the problem:

could it be my graphics card? or are my drivers corrupted or something? please help.
ill post other pics and stuff that will maybe help u HELP me.

if im wrong and maybe it is something else making this happen please help me out before i die:kirby2::ness2::fox::mario2::dk2::kirby: :c

Olikus

Smash Champion
I have the same problem. It pops up now and then. But as long as I restart the computer it works fine. I would like to fix it though if anyone know what the problem might be.

Top Bottom