• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
D= You're going to the dark side!

EDIT: Not really. I thought about having Falco as a second once, but he's not as fun as Link and Ike as secondaries.
Falco has bad match ups though, so you wouldn't want to 2nd Falco in case his bad match ups were the same as your main.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm sorry, I really am.
The noob-iest question I will EVER ask:

When theres an Ike under you when your about to land and hes going to use Usmash, what do you do?
Like seriously.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm sorry, I really am.

When theres an Ike under you when your about to land and hes going to use Usmash, what do you do?
Like seriously.
attack him, hopefully he won't expect it, and as tink, throw a bomb at him.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'm thinking its only Ikes that go to fairly large tournies and such. Or posted stuff beyond a good level.
Oh.....

Well I knwo the history of the Ike boards. :p

Nah, it's cuz all of you are stupid.
*cries*

I dunno, I might be losing my Ike purity soon.

You know who is REALLY fun?

:metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight:
OMG, n00b alert!!!

I'm sorry, I really am.

Like seriously.
Do a barrel roll!

Dodge.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hope to trick him with Airdodge. Of course, most are expecting that and he's going to be charging it. Maybe FF -> Shield if you are landing behind him?

And I think I'm one of the few Ike puritans left. Despite what my sig says, they are secondaries for online use only. Offline, I'm Ike all the way except for friendlies.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Falco has bad match ups though, so you wouldn't want to 2nd Falco in case his bad match ups were the same as your main.
I could give two ****s about the counterpick system. I just play with fun characters.

I like going against the odds too, so having counterpick characters aren't really an issue unless I get heavily thrashed, so I pick someone else to give me a better chance.

XACE-K

Smash Master
And I think I'm one of the few Ike puritans left. Despite what my sig says, they are secondaries for online use only. Offline, I'm Ike all the way except for friendlies.
Well I think I soon may be all Ike in tournies. Whenever I play Brawl, playing as Ike is the only time I have fun and can win. Others I play to win but they're no fun, pthers are fun but I can't win and everybody else I just hate.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Maybe I should add that I'm using a floaty charecter like Toon Link, and that they'll probably just charge the Usmash if I airdodge. >_<

Hope to trick him with Airdodge. Of course, most are expecting that and he's going to be charging it. Maybe FF -> Shield if you are landing behind him?
Yeah, I was thinking that. It all really depends on how good the Ikes timing is at that point. I was also thinking Dair, but meh. Thanks.

One of my main problems in this game is when I'm in the air and trying to land. =/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Maybe I should add that I'm using a floaty charecter like Toon Link, and that they'll probably just charge the Usmash if I airdodge. >_<

Yeah, I was thinking that. It all really depends on how good the Ikes timing is at that point. I was also thinking Dair, but meh. Thanks.

One of my main problems in this game is when I'm in the air and trying to land. =/
Did you ignore the bomb idea? Tlink should be carrying a bomb usually am I right?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I thought the icon next to the avatar was a joke... Are you seriously abandoning Ike for MK?!?!

And about Ike Purity, both Ryko and I have 2ndaries. Just can't stop using Pikachu <3 (Plus Anther is coming up with great Pikachu vs MK stuff)
Nah, I actually am not fond of MK, even though I see his appeal.

I'm not fond of Brawl itself anymore, to be completely honest, but when I DO play I really only use Ike. There's just something about him that's interesting and you just can't give it up.

:ike: for life

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sasukebowser: You should try to air dodge the U-Smash by dodging the front part of the attack. The attack has a lingering hitbox but the front part of it doesn't.

But I also say that you should try to just avoid the attack completely by drifting away. TL is a pretty floaty character.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, I really am.

Like seriously.
If I was Toon Link and couldn’t simply avoid Ike and throw a bomb at him afterwards (if I am carrying a bomb), I would bet on Dair; as it stalls in the air briefly and goes down very fast. It should be very difficult for the Ike to get the timing right, and it is a very damaging move.

we voted and we don't like his avatar. Thats the only reason.
That's too bad. When you're going to update this library Arturito? I must be more than a month since you’ve said you would add a new section.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, in other news I just found out I live fairly close to a place that has monthly Brawl tournaments. I'm going to try to go to the Dec. one, but I have an SAT test right around that day. (And I should really be studying for it. Last time I only got 1710...) Worse case scenario is that the closest one I can go to is the February one as a Birthday celebration/gift.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I fought a Link in my last tournament that was almost good, he abused Link’s ATs but felled a lot in patterns. Oh, and he used Dsmash, a lot. Anyway, I’ve had a sample on what fighting my old main is and I didn’t feel like I was at a 60:40 disadvantage. His wall of projectiles made approaching a laborious task, but with slow progress I was pushing him to the edge of the stage, where he had to get close and personal if he weren’t willing to taste Dair. And there I found out that Link also got some difficulties approaching, and by reckless spamming he got himself in a very vulnerable position considering his bad recovery.

So, HeroMystic, how the good Link players methods of swordsmanship (close quarters combat)?

World of Darkness

Smash Rookie
My only problem is fighting wario. A person in my smash bros club at school is really good. Being wario, be stays in the air a lot and he likes to short hop into a Dair. My other problem is his bike. How should i deal with his airs and his bike?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So, HeroMystic, how the good Link players methods of swordsmanship (close quarters combat)?
It's alright.

Link can use jab canceling to get more jabs, and jab fake into U-tilt, D-Smash, or F-Smash. DAC can be used as an approaching mechanism. Good Links will grab alot from OOS to get in pummels and throws to reset the projectile spacing. The boomerang can be used in close quarters to set up for a jab lock that can lead into a D-Smash, F-Smash, or Up-B (preferably Up-B).

At low percentages, if Link has to approach, he'll usually approach with either N-air or throwing a bomb for either mindgaming into an attack or to hit you so he can use aerial attacks, usually F-air or N-air. Z-air can be used for approaching as well due to Link's Fall speed.

Basically, Link's way of pressuring is to modify his spacing moves and use them for pressuring instead. However, Link doesn't really have a lot stuff going for him at close range when it comes to being heavily offensive.

EDIT: For visual reference, you can look at this vid with me against TRA as Link. I'm only a decent Link, but I played pretty offensively in this fight so it shows what Link can do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWpEFp1HvM

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
My only problem is fighting wario. A person in my smash bros club at school is really good. Being wario, be stays in the air a lot and he likes to short hop into a Dair. My other problem is his bike. How should i deal with his airs and his bike?
wario is tough because he can space so well and get through Ike's range a bit easier than other characters due to his aerial mobility.

Even though it's tough, the main thing for Ike to do is to grab wario, because if you do a grab release (don't pummel for a second), then it can go into moves like up tilt or even ftilt pretty easily.

To get into wario's defense, use neutral aerials to space, and when he comes towards you, jump back and forward air or neutral air. Try to get him to attack you in a spot where you can shield grab, or at least, jab to grab. Just watch out for his quick attacks out of air dodge, strong forward smash attack, and his fart at surprise moments.

Wario's Bike:
When you see wario's bike coming at you.
1.Turn around so your back is facing wario
2. Shield
3. Right after he rams through your shield, grab him. Aerial grab release for up tilt or ftilt

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
thanks giving weekend. It half way done I guess but it takes a while and I'm lazy.

edit: I second MK and snake so meh. Also ryko didn't even use Ike in his last tournament that part is really gay though.

edit2: have you been to a tournament yet yagami? kind of odd that your getting bored of brawl when you've only done wifi but then again that could be it.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I used ike in my tournament on saturday but didnt find a use for him on sunday, and when I used him on saturday was when I thought I was going to definitely lose and just wanted to play it to be done with it. To make it short, I don't even like playing Ike most of the time im playing him because all i'm thinking about is how ridiculously flawed he is and how little effort one has to put in to kill a heavy character with amazing range and power. When I can die at 20 consistently and the lightest character will likely not take a KO until at least 55 something just irks me. I'll play him in friendlies, doubles, and money matches but lol at using ike in a singles tourney in the tri-state area (excluding PA because apparently theyre easy pickings).

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
edit2: have you been to a tournament yet yagami? kind of odd that your getting bored of brawl when you've only done wifi but then again that could be it.
I try to get as many local matches here as possible, naturally, though I can never find the time to just go out for a day to a tourney. I'll probably manage it after the semester and all the college work is all done.

Local 16 person gatherings happen a decent amount here, anything over that and you'll have to travel for a while.

I see your point, though. It could be lack of competition. Though it could also be that my favorite character in the game is, as ryko said above me, not so much of a hotshot as I once thought, though I still highly enjoy playing as him.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Though it could also be that my favorite character in the game is, as ryko said above me, not so much of a hotshot as I once thought, though I still highly enjoy playing as him.
I think this pretty much goes for everyone who isn't top or mid-high tier.

Sometimes I wonder why we dedicatedly play this game so much. Then again, I only play because Melee competition is practically null on campus.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Because when I play my friend who is fox, he sometimes gets off a shield for my fairs then punishes me. Shold I practice retreating fairs like marth would do and utilize the great range of tilts more or just use nair because of its auto cancel. (Or both?!)

comboking

Smash Master
NAir for NAir to jab cancel
yes learn retreating FAirs I can't stress that enough
same with the tilts thing
Wanna Battle?
Spamming with ike is stupid

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Because when I play my friend who is fox, he sometimes gets off a shield for my fairs then punishes me. Shold I practice retreating fairs like marth would do and utilize the great range of tilts more or just use nair because of its auto cancel. (Or both?!)
Both, spacing is just as important for Ike as it is for Marth.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'm starting to think you dislike him as much as me ryko. Do you report him everytime he double posts too? I've been doing that ever since he posted that report all spam thread.

comboking

Smash Master
I'm rather sure at this rate people are trying to make it worse so your *** gets banned.
I'm starting to think you dislike him as much as me ryko. Do you report him everytime he double posts too? I've been doing that ever since he posted that report all spam thread.
Haven't got banned yet *****es

SBR Weekly character...11-26-2008
06:07 PM12-03-2008
06:07 PM 0Double PostBuzz
Why People Think Ike...11-17-2008
07:26 PMExpired 1Double PostBuzz
Wii Homebrew10-12-2008
02:38 PMExpired 1Double PostCashed
would anybody with WiFi...07-28-2008
07:16 AMExpired 2SPAMYouko
How will I get banned I have 0 points right now.
Ontopic after your guys respond

comboking

Smash Master
I tried to get off of peoples nerves and I stop spamming and then they ignored me. When I had something good to say they did not listen? When I ask questions they say I already know the awnser tons of people IRL do this too. People think i am a noob cause they don't get to know me. Ussi AIM me at Combo_King plz. lets talk a liitle. I will not give out my age or location on AIM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom