• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I use it it is a lot better (but you can't SDI with it on if i remember right
You can. Just not with the c-stick.

There's almost no doubt that setting the c-stick to tilts is the best setup for Ike... I don't use it though, cuz I'm just more comfortable with it set to smash attacks... ;_;

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
My right thumb is so uncoordinated, I still can't NAir with the C-stick 100% of the time :(. I personally haven't explored the possibilities of having C-stick on "Attack" except with DAir; I still NAir with A.

Does crouching and then C-sticking up result in an UTilt? I can imagine that jab -> jab cancel (control stick down) -> UTilt (C-stick up) would be faster this way.
it does and it is, that was how I used to do it. I still dont up tilt like remotely enough nowadays, granted I've played ike all of maybe 8% of the time in the last month.

Edit: I'm fine just having tap DI since I can momentum cancel all the same with either stick and that is all that really matters to me, actually saving the stock.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah SDI is to sexy to give it up. Against my friend's pikachu it saves me so many times when he lands a down smash at 200% I just love it.

You don't actually have to duck to cancel a jab into a Utilt. IASA frames let you go into anything else besides the same move which is what crouching is for to lead into the same move again. Don't have to crouch for D tilt either.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Hope I posted in the right place. O_O Each character board is like a whole new world.

The Peach boards are currently discussing using Ike as a secondary. If anybody can provide any useful information (matchups, stats, learning curve, etc.), please chip in here.

Thanks in advance.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I used to be an Ike main, but I started fooling around with Peach, only to find myself maining her soon after. Ike is still a main, I can't abandon the origin of my name XD

metroid1117

Smash Master
yah SDI is to sexy to give it up. Against my friend's pikachu it saves me so many times when he lands a down smash at 200% I just love it.
For me, SDI'ing with the control stick works fine; I've never been hit by all of Pikachu's DSmash since I've learned how to DI out of it back in March. It's also not really that hard to SDI out of Snake's NAir with the control stick.

Then again, I'm left-handed, so I'd prefer to avoid using my right hand as much as possible :laugh:.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
supposedly using the L to shield is better than the R because that way you split up what your hands do and can work faster. The right side of the controller has more buttons and I imagine that metroid's left hand has better reflexes than his right. So it probably affects him a little bit.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Just wondering, does anyone reverse QD while they're hanging on the edge? Ike still grabs on the edge if the reverse QD is timed right. I know it seems idiotic and sounds like a suicidal move, but recently, I played Silven and he's been using it in his game. I incorporated it into my meta game successfully and found that when I use it, my opponent just freaks out and I punish accordingly.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
supposedly using the L to shield is better than the R because that way you split up what your hands do and can work faster. The right side of the controller has more buttons and I imagine that metroid's left hand has better reflexes than his right. So it probably affects him a little bit.
I'm left handed and I seem to work fine with the R-Button for shield and reflexing.

Then again I play with tap jump off, so I have to be pretty crazy with button input.

comboking

Smash Master
Just wondering, does anyone reverse QD while they're hanging on the edge? Ike still grabs on the edge if the reverse QD is timed right. I know it seems idiotic and sounds like a suicidal move, but recently, I played Silven and he's been using it in his game. I incorporated it into my meta game successfully and found that when I use it, my opponent just freaks out and I punish accordingly.
I noticed this a couple months ago I just didn't master it. It does work it looks flashy too. very fun

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I’ve just came back of a tournament and I believe I’m in need of more baiting tactics. This one seems to be particularly useful: Purposely outrange Fair and wait for the opponent to step-in in a punishing attempt, jab or spotdodge. This bait is very safe and tempting for opponents using characters with good grabs or dash attacks, or lack of knowledge over Ike’s IASA frames.

Any more ideas?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I’ve just came back of a tournament and I believe I’m in need of more baiting tactics. This one seems to be particularly useful: Purposely outrange Fair and wait for the opponent to step-in in a punishing attempt, jab or spotdodge. This bait is very safe and tempting for opponents using characters with good grabs or dash attacks, or lack of knowledge over Ike’s IASA frames.

Any more ideas?
You may be able to achieve the same effect with an Up Smash, considering that has an IASA time 20 frames earlier than the normal ending time.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
It takes thrice the time to cancel Usmash than Fair, that’s a full second. I don’t think it will work.
Just keep it in the back of your mind. After the hitbox ends they have 34 frames to get to you, essentially half a second.

Done at the right distance it's viable.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
It is viable as a finishing move, but risky as finishing moves naturally are (making it an unreliable approach/bait). Take as example when thinking of baiting tactics characters that Ike couldn’t approach by normal means, like Olimar or King DeDeDe.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Arturito, I was thinking about creating an Ike back room at the social group section for discussing the matchup ratios in a more controllable and reasonable manner. What do you think?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Psssh, what's wrong with Roxas?

I bet if my avatar was still Rikku you guys would invite me in a heartbeat.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nah, it's cuz all of you are stupid.
*walks over to desk*

*pulls out leather glove*

*slips brick into glove*

*walks up to Colaya*

*backhands Colaya with said glove*

*dumps out broken brick pieces*

*throws glove into Colaya's face*

Why thank you for that complement! :laugh:

for those of you slower then most, I was joking. >_>

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Light. Do you see my post above yours?

Take what I did to Colaya, take out the brick, add a nuke, then times by several thousand.

Seriously, no more Spamaknights. >_<

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I dunno, I might be losing my Ike purity soon.

You know who is REALLY fun?

:metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight:
I thought the icon next to the avatar was a joke... Are you seriously abandoning Ike for MK?!?!

And about Ike Purity, both Ryko and I have 2ndaries. Just can't stop using Pikachu <3 (Plus Anther is coming up with great Pikachu vs MK stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom