• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Renth

Smash Hero
i'm worse than people give me credit for so that gives u a better idea of how bad i am :)

when is next tri-weekly i need a tournament to see if i can go any further.

Don't feel bad, nobody gives me credit for being anything anymore.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Iori hears commotion in a room not far from him

*opens door*

Waking in I see a table reserved in each corner of the the room. The first person I see is vts, he is have a conversation with joot. I proceed to approach them when I hear, the sound of a raptor. Of course I peg it as nes noob, the lovable kad. So unwillingly I distance myself from the two in the nearest corner.
I sit next to nes and before I realized it I was listening to frantic melee pros and cons. Some of the overhead topics were; how do I get better, who should I main, will I ever be good enough. I could only think of times where I had reached a snag and had to rethink my strats. (<.< jiggs) What really bugged me the most was how, every player wanted to be good but didn't have the drive. I find that those who push petty feelings aside become better without knowing. I mean when did melee become a game where you had to have results. What happened to just having fun, and playing for hours. It is great to strive for combos but taken it to seriously won't help.
Standing and pushing in my chair I take to another corner of the room. I wonder onto a brawl+ match underway. Falcon vs lucario, well this should be interesting. As I watch, it seemed as if the game had just mimicked melee. I even saw the same strats being recycled. I couldn't even see a difference anymore. What had it come to, first we love the games arrival and then hated it fiercely. Even now that hatred remains, but the only interest is the fact it is the same game. I admit it is terrible but we have to accept that others adore the game, Just like we do melee. I overheard a conversation of hate for brawl by players who only played it now and then. I mean even so who are you to judge what makes a good game. Me personally putting my hate for the game aside, revealed new friends to have fun with. It was even more enjoyable when you as find that they like other games you did. Regardless I had stalled at the table long enough, time for the last corner.
I made my way over and their I found chambers he was just sitting there. I asked him so why have you decided to distance yourself from everyone else. He replied the same reason you have. All this time, instead of looking for the right or wrong answers we should just enjoy what we love. Without a second to spare I said to chambers, lets find out who is better. With nothing but controllers and smiles on our faces we happy walked over to one of the stations and waited in line. T_T why is there so many scrubs. *watching nes and scar play*

Renth

Smash Hero
Renth doesn't really exist. He's just a computer AI that haunts this forum.
Unfortunately, -Chad- knows the truth when he had a run in with my drone... I send out this guy named Mark Strenko to act the part of Renth. I do all the dirty work from here.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Joot you're a very good player, you keep selling yourself short and I don't like it!
What this guy said. Joot, you're pretty freakin' good at Melee.

Enjoyment of the game also seems to make me play better. *shrugs* Or so I notice. For once, Iori has given us all a golden nugget of wisdom.

I still have scrubish tendencies to work on, but I strive onwards towards improvement via love of the game. Long live Melee and long live the computer entity known as Renth.

*edit* Oh yeah, and Gvice talks me up WAY too much.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
What this guy said. Joot, you're pretty freakin' good at Melee.

Enjoyment of the game also seems to make me play better. *shrugs* Or so I notice. For once, Iori has given us all a golden nugget of wisdom.

I still have scrubish tendencies to work on, but I strive onwards towards improvement via love of the game. Long live Melee and long live the computer entity known as Renth.

*edit* Oh yeah, and Gvice talks me up WAY too much.
He's really good, I'm just proud of him. Maybe I over talk him a little, but you guys just have to play him to find out.

And J00t, you're good at melee, shup D:

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
G Vice, we have played Chambers. I dun get it.

SHUT UP Iori.
Okay I declare internet fight. Explination (WE COMPLAIN ALOT)

So nes why is it that you complain about fox, even tho falcon is a better character.:chuckle: I do it but at least I enjoy it, all I hear from you is I can't do anything. Why do up tilts always beat my everything, T_T and salts of all kinds. No one cares about your better tourney half, anime ***. Just drop all the talk about you being bad at the game, cause you seem to add the fact that we already know that you are a scub.

What What What *fades away*

G. Vice

Smash Lord

So nes why is it that you complain about fox, even tho falcon is a better character.:chuckle: I do it but at least I enjoy it, all I hear from you is I can't do anything. Why do up tilts always beat my everything, T_T and salts of all kinds. No one cares about your better tourney half, anime ***. Just drop all the talk about you being bad at the game, cause you seem to add the fact that we already know that you are a scub.

lol Iori-senpai is crazy XD

and NES, what don't you get? o.o;

j00t

Smash Champion
I haven't said I was bad in this thread in a while, but to let everyone's posts about me not being bad not go to waste...

I'm ****ing terrible.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
He's really good, I'm just proud of him. Maybe I over talk him a little, but you guys just have to play him to find out.
lol Iori-senpai is crazy XD

and NES, what don't you get? o.o;
The part about we have to play him to know. We have played him. We know how good he is.

I complain about fox? I would rather complain about falco. I dun know about this either.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I see Arby being cute.

Oh and @ NES- Only you and Jack and Chad have played him recently.

But I get to play him today :D

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
:p... My Di was especially bad. I don't even know what I was thinking at some of those points. Two Ken Combos? REALLY? What were you doing RAVEN_KNIGHT?!?!
Sorry personal rant against myself.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Sqaaaaaaaaak!

*Edit* All I saw in that video was Arbustos getting off on people. And some of the poorest DI that let it all happen.
I think it was hilarious how like you can instantly pick out which one is Arby XD

but yeah good stuff..

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Sqaaaaaaaaak!

*Edit* All I saw in that video was Arbustos getting off on people. And some of the poorest DI that let it all happen.
You weren't watching the sheik close enough.

And the combos on me occured at 3 o'clock morning. I blame the bad di, falling into the ken combo, towards tiredness.

Vts

Smash Champion
I was talking about dml but honestly the blood line is just kyo and ichigo. So yeah not that exciting of a crew. <.< since I was the best guy
so hyper is the best of DML am i right.

his misfrire mindgames are too good.

and i think iori is the worst on the crew ;)

i hear he likes to play to many characters and never beats mango or m2k

:psycho:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
so hyper is the best of DML am i right.

his misfrire mindgames are too good.

and i think iori is the worst on the crew ;)

i hear he likes to play to many characters and never beats mango or m2k

:psycho:
DML is beast. NES is worst in the crew though. Iori is 2nd worst. But yeah Hyper is pretty beast no lies and or johns.

Vts

Smash Champion
So does arkansa even have a crew name (no) oh that right XD *walks away* Just a bunch of decent smashers double XD triple XD
some people don't even need a crew to be good um like mew2king and mango :)

but arkansas crew is A.S.S.

plus we have bill now muahhahaa....or what's left of him...may his umm remaining body lay at peace to freak out people who go into the jew hole.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
poor di is the star of all my vids don't you know

i think i make them for the bad titles and worse songs :D

psst iori your subtle jab at march hare fails because none of us are in a crew.

perhaps we four should form the arkansas rarefied experience of lactating anteaters or A.R.E.O.L.A.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
poor di is the star of all my vids don't you know

i think i make them for the bad titles and worse songs :D

psst iori your subtle jab at march hare fails because none of us are in a crew.

perhaps we four should form the arkansas rarefied experience of lactating anteaters or A.R.E.O.L.A.
So do are you up for that money match with me being the character that was not good against yours. :( I Still think it is unfair but I do it for the shorties.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I did just pick this game up seriously only a half a year ago, and I've mainly gotten as good as I am by playing Raven's peach with rare moments of playing Arby and Yoshi. Oh, and watching vids. Give me credit of lack of experience and playing time.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
So do are you up for that money match with me being the character that was not good against yours. :( I Still think it is unfair but I do it for the shorties.

wha...? i never requested this. i won't personally money match anyway because i don't care about proving anything. just playing to have fun.

*matchup counters are a part of any competitive "fighter." complaining about it is a waste of breath and argues against the nature of the game. however, i'm not about to mm sheik vs. pichu because of some misguided sense of pride.

Top Bottom