• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
wha...? i never requested this. i won't personally money match anyway because i don't care about proving anything. just playing to have fun.

*matchup counters are a part of any competitive "fighter." complaining about it is a waste of breath and argues against the nature of the game. however, i'm not about to mm sheik vs. pichu because of some misguided sense of pride.
I didn't mean that, I meant a match up you are good at that would leave me at a disadvantage. Like against peach or something, the mm is just to make things more epic.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
i am sadly not good at any matchups :(

anyway, my expectation is to lose to all 26 of your characters and pull a draw in the master hand ditto if i'm lucky. so no thanks :p

Vts

Smash Champion
I don't really want to mm the same people unless you are better than before. :( not being mean but I don't really like to be taking from my friends. unless it involves pennies, and that is only for braging
hey if i get 2 days off in a row again (like what i have) i may bring like say 50 pennies and try to get better like i normally do :)

3/5 right ?

but arb told me what i need to do to get better.

he told me what my playing style is since i never really looked at it so i'm trying to mix up a bit more with different play but i'm just in the starting point i still need more practice (like 50 hours with iori/ihsb/chad) and i will improve by learning what not to do and when to do other stuff.

ps- iori camps ;)

j00t

Smash Champion
I don't really want to mm the same people unless you are better than before. :( not being mean but I don't really like to be taking from my friends. unless it involves pennies, and that is only for braging
Well ****, nothing to say about this LOL

I'll MM anyone besides Iori

p.s. I've gotten better since TO5

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
@joot you must have missed penny mm galore time.

@Vts you worship him, what the ****. Oh and I just camp that is bull. I can't camp on the tiniest stages with the biggest characters. I beat you with bowser vs falcon, how is that camping. I took you to fd like a lot and went m2 just to see if you could win, while I was being aggressive. You know what I am proud to be a camper, it seems like the only way to get peoples attention. Since no matter how, where, or who I play I am the campest player alive. It just bugs me I don't hear, Iori you too good. Or that fool is **** fine XD, you know I want to hear it.

Oh and don't forget, your quote vts

"I feel so dumb playing Iori" Oh man you have to love those johns XD

@ IHSB quote
"Ganon suite you well, a campy character for a camper player" I just love the hate.

I think I will start posting these for reference sake.

Vts

Smash Champion
@Vts you worship him, what the ****. Oh and I just camp that is bull. I can't camp on the tiniest stages with the biggest characters. I beat you with bowser vs falcon, how is that camping. I took you to fd like a lot and went m2 just to see if you could win, while I was being aggressive. You know what I am proud to be a camper, it seems like the only way to get peoples attention. Since no matter how, where, or who I play I am the campest player alive. It just bugs me I don't hear, Iori you too good. Or that fool is **** fine XD, you know I want to hear it.

Oh and don't forget, your quote vts

i think i hit a nerve ;)

iori i always say ur good but i also say that u could win more things if u would play better characters at tournament.

u can win the biggest tournaments if u would not play low tier in like the later rounds.

i'm so sad when i see u pick the characters that makes the match harder for yourself then picking on of you characters that ***** (peach/ganon/fox/sheik/falco/IC) but instead want to play mewtwo vs fox/falcon :(.

it really makes me sick to be honest that your so much better with other characters and you don't play them, it makes me want to just hit you sometimes.

but i still love you and always root for you, just wish u would play those other characters more often in tournaments.

wall of text

and that quote is true i feel dumb playing u cus your so good

i wish i was a good as you but at the same time i wanna pass you.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

i think i hit a nerve ;)

iori i always say ur good but i also say that u could win more things if u would play better characters at tournament.

u can win the biggest tournaments if u would not play low tier in like the later rounds.

i'm so sad when i see u pick the characters that makes the match harder for yourself then picking on of you characters that ***** (peach/ganon/fox/sheik/falco/IC) but instead want to play mewtwo vs fox/falcon :(.

it really makes me sick to be honest that your so much better with other characters and you don't play them, it makes me want to just hit you sometimes.

but i still love you and always root for you, just wish u would play those other characters more often in tournaments.

wall of text

and that quote is true i feel dumb playing u cus your so good

i wish i was a good as you but at the same time i wanna pass you.
I don't do well with high tiers, that is why I don't play them. With m2 I have more opportunity to move and recover, with falcon I just get knocked off and die. Same with fox or any other high tier. I am sure I said this multiple times.

@vts you don't want to him me <.< I will smite you. Also you don't say anything to IHSB or hugs. He could do the same thing, and what about chad, and you. Don't point it out like I have a flaw. I do just as good as nes so what is the deal.

Vts

Smash Champion
I don't do well with high tiers, that is why I don't play them. With m2 I have more opportunity to move and recover, with falcon I just get knocked off and die. Same with fox or any other high tier. I am sure I said this multiple times.

@vts you don't want to him me <.< I will smite you. Also you don't say anything to IHSB or hugs. He could do the same thing, and what about chad, and you. Don't point it out like I have a flaw. I do just as good as nes so what is the deal.
i'm not trying to pick on you i'm just saying your amazing at the game but sometimes u just want to play low tiers instead of your peach/ganon which imo are your best characters.

but at the same time i undertstand why u don't play those characters.

but as wobbles points out also having 1 amazing character is better than having 4+ very good characters.

its how NES N00b gets so far he got amazing with a character and learned almost every match up.

if you stuck with a character you could maybe just maybe be the best smasher.

i want to see you win more it makes me sad seeing my friends lose makes me even sadder when i see them lose and they only lost due to match up (chad vs uberice at genesis, IC **** pika and then uberice lost to a peach that chad would have *****).

All your characters are better than my one character.(maybe most likely) But i'm only getting better faster since i'm sticking with one character, if i keep pushing that one character i might start beating you.

someone said once to train in everything makes you good but to master few things makes you better.

I know you love to play the game and i love playing you although i don't show it well.

you taught me so much the first time i met you and i saw you as one of the best smashers ever but with people getting good with one character it seems they just have the upper hand/even when you get past the first few rounds at big tournaments, then comes in the fact that the character they pick counters your character making it harder to win.

but u also inspire me to see that every character is good to a point and that point is when the skill is truly even and the counters are shown.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I think the thing is Iori feels most comfortable with Mewtwo so he does the best with him. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm just kinda seeing that from how it is with me.

Like, I'm really good with Pika, he's my best char by far and the one I'm most comfortable playing with. That means I make less mistakes and I can capitalize more on opportunities given to me. In some matchups I feel like my Fox wouldn't have done nearly as well even though he is a much better character.

Like you said though, it does suck to have mained a inherantly below average character because it causes me to lose in a way I don't like to. I feel cheated at times but it's only myself to blame for it so I can't really be too mad at anyone but myself.

I'm trying to fix it though, for anyone who's played me much recently I've been playing a lot less Pika and trying to become very comfortable with other chars who will help even out my matchups.

in summary, Iori probably plays a lot of Mewtwo because he's best with him even if Mewtwo isn't the best character.

j00t

Smash Champion
Chad pretty much summed it up.

I've played GnW in tourney (recent tourneys, TO5 and TO4) because I felt more comfortable w/ him against certain matchups or against certain players, and I've succeeded where I would of fallen w/ Falcon or Fox.

It's all about being comfortable dawg. :p

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I think it is because Iori doesn't practice/play high tiers much as opposed to his low tier characters and he plays Mewtwo mostly OOS. People usually become comfortable with a character and evolve their playstyle based on their characters strengths.

I used to play Link. I eventually switched over to Falcon cause really I always wanted to be able to play him well and he was the most fun so I played him the most. He was not the easiest for me to use and I sucked with him for a good time. Eventually, I got better as I practiced with him. Iori might be more comfortable with low tier characters for now, but if he practiced with a high tier that he wanted to stick with and he felt fit his style the best (he said something about falcon?) I am sure he would do better overall with that character after a while.

VTS: Amazing? Well I have done well recently, but that might be a little too far. xD

Vts

Smash Champion
I think it is because Iori doesn't practice/play high tiers much as opposed to his low tier characters and he plays Mewtwo mostly OOS. People usually become comfortable with a character and evolve their playstyle based on their characters strengths.

I used to play Link. I eventually switched over to Falcon cause really I always wanted to be able to play him well and he was the most fun so I played him the most. He was not the easiest for me to use and I sucked with him for a good time. Eventually, I got better as I practiced with him. Iori might be more comfortable with low tier characters for now, but if he practiced with a high tier that he wanted to stick with and he felt fit his style the best (he said something about falcon?) I am sure he would do better overall with that character after a while.

VTS: Amazing? Well I have done well recently, but that might be a little too far. xD
one of the tournaments u went to the only people you lost to were m2k and mango to me thats pretty amazing to get that far.

and for the amount of time u've put into the game.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yeah the last two tournaments I only lost to the top three (mango, m2k, hbox, and dr peepee). Pretty good.

I put as much time in the game as Kels, Scar, Hungrybox, Pink Shinobi, and Dr. Peepee. There are three other people who are great that would tell you they played about the same amount of time, but they have been playing a year before (not mentioning names cause name search might start something). Anyway, thanks. I never thought I would ever get this far and I have made progression that is faster than usual given the circumstances.

Edit: VTS, you should get AIM or if you have it, give me your screen name.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
a brief intermission from the deep thoughts going on around here:

i'm not trying to spam out vids or anything, but this one has been waiting three months to be made. yoshi and i recorded about 15 hours of footage sometime in late july/early august, long before i met any of you fine individuals, and i'm finally doing something with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiz4lnY6EcA

/back to your discussion

j00t

Smash Champion
I don't care what Peach can do. She's an annoying ***** and I've always felt this deep anger towards her since I started playing in late '06.

So naturally I have to say mean stuff about her.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I chose Fox as my main a few weeks after the game came out.

Good times.

Top Bottom