• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
O.O

you're talking about that anime series aren't you? The one with the guy named Ippo that's like me?

Nite

Smash Champion
It is not just about being good in the game or being active in the scene. It is also how active you are on the boards, how intelligently you post and how much you know about the game, and what kind of, in a way, "reputation" you have, and also if your region has been represented. Well we needed one representative and Jack got it and I suspect that is all they want from the midsouth cause we ain't important. :(

Supposedly though there will be more additions made for just people who are good in the game. That won't be me. Nite has a better chance of getting in then I do because well of his reputation of which I have none except a few areas. Iori won't get in cause like we all know why with the way he posts and well he only posts in midsouth forums anyway. Chad for MBR though I know he won't want it?
You know my reputation doesn't mean anything anymore. Everyone is better than me now. :D I'd have to get better to gain a rep among some of the better players nowadays.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G. Vice, you planned to sandbag me?

And I thought I was going to be sandbagging you.
I highly recommend sandbagging me. It'll make me look better, and overall enhance the image that those around me might have. Not to mention give me quite the sense of accomplishment :D

And Saber, I realize this. I remember this one time where you actually didn't sandbag me. It was the same night you lost your virginity if I remember correctly...

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be there shortly after Clay gets off at 5:30. I figure in the neighborhood of about 6-7 oclock. With me should be Raven Knight and TMH.

cellton

Smash Cadet
I will be there late Saturday night....Im to much of a chump to skip work. After work sat. night i will head to your guys house...prob be there around midnight...Is that cool??

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Yeah that's cool. If you come, this means basically EVERYONE that plays Smash in Arkansas will be here at some point this weekend.

There are two more people that are coming that you guys don't really know. Well, some of you will... BMW will be there at some point as well as a guy named Jake (I can't for the life of me remember his tag...) Plus my roommates will be there, all of which play smash at least a little bit. For Arkansas, this is looking to be pretty good.

Maybe if this works out, we could maybe do this more often? *gasp*

On yeah, and maybe will have an actual tournament Sat. night, 'cause seemingly everyone will be there then.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
So yeah... 15 Possible People:

Me
VTS
Gvice
Tree
Skye
Seifersythe
TMH
Raven
Yoshiman
Celton
BMW
Jake
Ace
Saberguy
Arbustos

That's crazy. If I left anyone out I'm sorry, but I don't think I did.

@Noob - I hate you.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Hey Gvice, tried to call you but kept on getting this ****ing ********, enter your mailbox number thing.
Drove me crazy. Try to call me back, I was walking my dog when you called.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Mannnn this is getting too crazy!

15 SMASHERS???? From AR? Say it ain't so. And I think one day we should do a crew battle. AR vs NES Noob!

...and pray that luck is on our side lol.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
60 stock vs. 4? tough call

the dvc 100 likes to drop frames, so i'll need a fan on it to help prevent this. also, no one can touch the laptop or dazzle :(

so problematic

edit: tried the dazzle out for an hour last night and threw together some mediocre clips from that. it's a quality test, not a combo vid. i messed up some settings and other stuff so the video glitches a little, but on high quality it doesn't look too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdmYTko3yk4&feature=channel_page&fmt=18

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I too came from an underprivileged background. Consequently, I've also held jobs since I was 13... I would never have any money for things if it weren't for my jobs, and I assume you guys have grants/stipends and stuff that more than pay for your school and that's where your extra money is coming from. However, if your parents are paying for a bunch of stuff while you're in college, then I would not call you underprivileged...

Now I will sing the poor man's song with Arbustos. "Oh nobody knows the troubles...."

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I was underprivileged too...I just worked during summers and saved up enough to pay cash for my car. Annnnd scholarships take care of school for me, so I'm pretty much good. Lucky me.

btw, I'm gonna be a little later than I thought. Probably around 7:30-8:00 we'll be showing up. Frickin' set backs I tell ya what.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
hmmm...I could buy a car, not coming from arbustos and will's sucky backgrounds, but I'd rather buy expensive computers, hardware, and books. I wish the nation could go to maglev trains. Less polution and get there faster.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
yeah my money is all scholarships.

it was never feasible for me to get a job in my teens because my mom was never at home :( she was either working or at college for 5 years (13-18) and i was forced to stay every afternoon and watch my younger sister. sooooo... THE SORROWS :D (and when my sister was old enough to watch herself, i was locked up in the old hospital complex of asmsa. jobs don't exist there)

+1sobstory

Top Bottom