• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Alright. Give me a call when you wanna play. If you're done at 3 that should give me a good 4 hrs of smash with you.

Also Yoshiman, Enya is amazing! My favorite song is either Tea House Moon, The sound of trees, or Anywhere Is. Ahh good stuff.

:phone:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I walk the maze of moments
But everywhere I turn to
Begins a new beginning
But never finds a finish

It's either this or that way
It's one way or the other
It should be one direction
It could be on reflection

sooo fun to sing

tea house moon reminds me of an rpg song

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Tea house moon is the song of a quaint village that is mysteriously hidden where the item shops sell more status ailment curative than quality weapons, but when you're flying around the map in your airship you still come back to that village to buy curatives because you love the music.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
soo much better when you listen to the whole albums.
This is usually the case (/huge advocate of albums), but you're still going to have your favorites, and songs you can listen to individually. Strange though, the singles are usually the most lackluster in context of the full album. Might be overexposure or that they're too jarring with the rest of the songs. Probably both.

Only one page left!! . . . until next Sunday after the tourney, where another 15 pages are waiting for me :( Every little thing's gonna be alright...

Tea house moon is the song of a quaint village that is mysteriously hidden where the item shops sell more status ailment curative than quality weapons, but when you're flying around the map in your airship you still come back to that village to buy curatives because you love the music.

That's awesome, I feel ya bro

Where's that top 10 vidjo gamez!? I don't know where to start and need some inspiration.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I'm only going to list pc games becuse that is what I know the best.

1. Portal 2
2. Half Life 2
3. Starcraft
4. Bioshock
5. Mass Effect 2
6. Portal
7. Mass Efect 1
8. Halo: Combat Evolved
9. Left 4 Dead

Tied for 10th:

Quake 3
Doom
Fear
Counter Strike
Starcraft 2
Witcher 2

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Cool to have that perspective where I wouldn't/couldn't have any PC games in mine. I think Portal and Starcraft are the only actual good ones I've played?

Portal 2 over HL2 is interesting, and both of them over SC.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Cool to have that perspective where I wouldn't/couldn't have any PC games in mine. I think Portal and Starcraft are the only actual good ones I've played?

Portal 2 over HL2 is interesting, and both of them over SC.
My top 9 can switch depending on my particular mood at the moment. This morning I felt that particular way. Ask me tomorrow and they'll all be switched around.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Here you go RB.

1: Super Smash Bros: Melee
2: Final Fantasy 7
3: Starcraft/Warcraft (Whatever the newest Blizzard strategy is)
4: Super Metroid
5: Super Mario World
6: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Here you go RB.

2: Final Fantasy 7
3: Starcraft/Warcraft (Whatever the newest Blizzard strategy is)
6: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Now I know the brain grows addled in old age, but that's only six entries in a top ten.

Clay
Leatherwood
Ages
Yeastlike

asexual budding yo

forever a scone

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Now I know the brain grows addled in old age, but that's only six entries in a top ten.
Here you go youngblood. I also made the list more quantified.

2: Final Fantasy VII
3: Warcraft III
6: Starcraft
7: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
8: Pokemon Red
9: Everquest II
10: Final Fantasy XI

I was hesistant to put MMOs on there because they have low replayability, but they had a big enough impact to make it.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Bunch of obscure titles. What are you, some kind of video game hipster? FFXI at least approaches respectability.

On a serious note, 1st gen Pokamang is also on my list... somewhere.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Everquest 2 is the only somewhat obscure title. And it isn't even that obscure for those that have roots in Everquest 1. I had a huge debate over the order of EQI, EQII, and FFXI.

EQI was INTEGRAL to the popularization of MMOs.

Ultima Online -> Everquest I -> Final Fantasy XI -> WoW -> ???

Before then it was MUDs such as Gemstone III(which I also played) and Dragon's Gate.

Learn your history history major!

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
1) Link to the Past
2) Super Metroid
3) Majora's Mask
4) Metroid Prime
5) Ocarina of Time
6) Metroid Fusion
7) Wind Waker
8) Metroid Zero Mission
9) Oracle of Ages
10) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Everquest 2 is the only somewhat obscure title. And it isn't even that obscure for those that have roots in Everquest 1. I had a huge debate over the order of EQI, EQII, and FFXI.

EQI was INTEGRAL to the popularization of MMOs.

Ultima Online -> Everquest I -> Final Fantasy XI -> WoW -> ???

Before then it was MUDs such as Gemstone III(which I also played) and Dragon's Gate.

Learn your history history major!
lol I was joking

I know some things bout dem vidyo games ya hear. I chose FFXI over EQ in the reverse psychology obscurity tier list because I actually think it will be more obscure once these times are resigned to history. EQ meant too much, and EQII had too much hype for its time, while FFXI was just a disappointment for a couple months, then "not WoW." Also, don't forget PSO. And I remember Guild Wars stealing on what player base FFXI had when it came out.

Get back in yer rocker pops, or it's off to the other nursing home. The one under the bridge.
1) Link to the Past
2) Super Metroid
3) Majora's Mask
4) Metroid Prime
5) Ocarina of Time
6) Metroid Fusion
7) Wind Waker
8) Metroid Zero Mission
9) Oracle of Ages
10) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Hm... now if you only played Smash Brothers, which characters would you main...

Got it. Captain Falcon, Fox, and Captain Falcon again.

Where would you rank the original and Link's Awakening? They're all so good... except AoL, cause I'm a wimp and never played it, and TP, because it was "only" a good game.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Honestly I'm not sure where I'd put it, the LoZ series is so great that the worst of the games are still good. I know what my bottom choices are. Phantom Hourglass for garbage tier, and TP for good tier. Good tier is right under amazing tier where all the other Zelda games are.

AoL is actually amazing, at first I didn't think much of it but the longer I played the more I liked it. I would suggest at minimum giving it one playthrough, by the time I was done I really liked it.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
FFXI had about a yearlong reign as the top MMO before WoW took it. I remember WoW and EQ2 came out at the same time and they were about equal until WoW exploded after about half a year and dominated every MMO in existence.

Guild Wars didn't come out until WoW got big. By this time FFXI was already on the decline.

Honerable mentions should also go to Lineage and Lineage 2 because they were actually the top MMOs for certain periods of time but no one gives them credit because most of the server population was from South Korea.

Right now my dream MMO would be on a console, have low/no monthy fees, and be a good game that wasn't WoW.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
FFXI had about a yearlong reign as the top MMO before WoW took it. I remember WoW and EQ2 came out at the same time and they were about equal until WoW exploded after about half a year and dominated every MMO in existence.

Guild Wars didn't come out until WoW got big. By this time FFXI was already on the decline.

Honerable mentions should also go to Lineage and Lineage 2 because they were actually the top MMOs for certain periods of time but no one gives them credit because most of the server population was from South Korea.

Right now my dream MMO would be on a console, have low/no monthy fees, and be a good game that wasn't WoW.
I actually noticed an opposite trend with FFXI. No one cared about it when it came out, but the player base gradually solidified into something decent as time went on. Then Guild Wars lured away many of those players, some of whom later went back. *At least, no one cared about it on the scale that was anticipated (aka like WoW), so it was seen as a disappointment. Maybe game magazines+gamefaqs+the playground led me astray.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
1) SSBM
2) Chrono Trigger
3) Final Fantasy VI
4) Final Fantasy IX
5) Final Fantasy VIII
6) Skies of Arcadia Legends
7) Legend of Dragoon
8) Final Fantasy Tactics
9) Ocarina of Time
10) Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals

And let it be known i could have put 10 other games in there that could have been worthy...

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
1) Cabela's Big Game Hunter
2) Gran Turismo 3
3) RPG Maker 2
4) Forza Motorsport
5) Forza Motorsport 2
6) Big Rigs Over the Road Racing
7) Legend of Dragoon
8) Madden 2003
9) Grand Theft Auto 2
10) Frogger
Nice list!

1. Mayway
2. Pokemon Blue
3. Dragon Warrior 3: And Thus Into Legend
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Legend of Dragoon
6. Star Fox 64
7. Pokemon Puzzle League
8. Starcraft
9. Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
10. Super Mario World
11. Legend of Zelda

Melee's a cheater so I went to 11.

Shoutouts to
Goldeneye for instilling a love of multiplayer games those many years ago
Dynasty Warriors 4 for causing me to realize history is the only subject I begin to care about
and Sands of Time/Shadow of the Colossus for making me rethink video games

oooh baby my mom just said she's buying me skyward sword on the way home today
only new single-player game I'll have touched in three years besides portal (curse you melee!)

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
3.crono trigger
1.Final Fantasy X
2.Solumons Key
4.Tales of Vesperia
9.Super Mario World
6.Quakelive
8.Minecraft
7.Portal
5.CoD: World at War
10.Mario Galaxy

This is in no particular order. Take a gander of a laughter, I don't care. I would add legend of dragoon, but it's been too long since i've played it.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
1) Super Smash Brothers Melee
2) Ogre Battle 64
3) Eternal Darkness
4) Fire Emblem 7
5) Ocarina of Time
6) The World Ends with You
7) A Link to the Past
8) Perfect Dark 64
9) Final Fantasy 7
10) Metroid Prime

I actually update a top 25 list every year in January. I only include games I've beaten from start to finish. This is my top 10 as of 1/1/11, but will likely be unchanged.

Vts

Smash Champion
1) Megaman Battlenet
2) Dragon warrior 3
3) Virtual On Oratorio Tangram
4) Megaman Zero
5) Megaman x
6) Bomberman max2
7) Custom Robo Arena
8) Super Smash Brothers Melee
9) Zelda link to the past
10) Sonic Adventure (dreamcast)

like how 7 of those are handheld games

now those are games that aren't mmorpgs and or online games

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
1) Megaman Battlenet
2) Dragon warrior 3
4) Megaman Zero
5) Megaman x
6) Bomberman max2
7) Custom Robo Arena

like how 7 of those are handheld games

now those are games that aren't mmorpgs and or online games
You like how 9/10 of my games are ONLY on a Nintendo console :)

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
4. Portal 1/2
5. Shadow of the Colossus
6. Ace Attorney 1/2/3
7. Lunar 1/2
8. Link's Awakening/Super Mario World
9. Blazblue: Continuum Shift
10.Tales of Vesperia/Abyss

Keep in mind. I don't consider these the best, just my favorites.

Honorable mention and could go on the list at any time: Megaman X3, Persona 3/4, Final Fantasy Vi/X, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Ocarina of Time/Link's Awakening/Windwaker, Metal Gear Solid 1/4, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Bioshock, Pokemon Silver, Chrono Cross, and Cave Story.

New mention is Minecraft. Gonna need some time to see if it sticks, but right now, it's awesome.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
6) The World Ends with You
Always meant to play this :\ The entire DS library is sadly foreign to me.
1) Megaman Battlenet
2) Dragon warrior 3
4) Megaman Zero
5) Megaman x
6) Bomberman max2
7) Custom Robo Arena
I knew it! Every time you play Melee you're just thinking "**** why isn't this Virtual On."
8. Link's Awakening/Super Mario World
I kinda feel the same way. I like my favorite Zelda about the same as my favorite Mario, although I like the Zelda franchise as a whole more. Skyward Sword may replace something if it turns out like I'm hoping. That art style! "Best dungeons in the series"... I mean...
Honorable mention and could go on the list at any time: Link's Awakening
lol you like it so much it might go on twice

-rant-
Twilight movie was both disgusting and disgustingly bad. It was my first and hopefully last. To think I was kinda looking forward to it for the camp factor and because I actually love fanfiction... Will says it was worse than Transformers 3. I think they're in the same tier for sure. Even my mom and sister disliked it, and they're big fans.

Spoilers
---

Bella's limbs, ribs, and back were broken, and they cut her abdomen straight open, then Edward cut the fetus out with his mouth. And the anesthetic wasn't active yet. Course, none of the scenes were as graphic as the book, but that's even worse. Super obvious shock factor, plus plot-deciding "lol feminism" moments. Stupid girl writing stupid fanfiction. Hey script, if I wanted extra cheese I would have asked for it!!

There were a lot of black people in the theater, which made it more bearable. Lots of jokes and "no they di-unt!" and "now that's too far." I agreed ;)

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Always meant to play this :\ The entire DS library is sadly foreign to me.
That's shame. It's the best handheld ever made.

I kinda feel the same way. I like my favorite Zelda about the same as my favorite Mario, although I like the Zelda franchise as a whole more. Skyward Sword may replace something if it turns out like I'm hoping. That art style! "Best dungeons in the series"... I mean...
I know. I kinda feel like I cheated on that one since ever other twofer I put on the list, with the exception of Tales* was a direct sequel narratively. Somehow I correlate the two.

lol you like it so much it might go on twice
Ha ha, that was supposed to read Link to the Past.

-rant-
Twilight movie was both disgusting and disgustingly bad. It was my first and hopefully last. To think I was kinda looking forward to it for the camp factor and because I actually love fanfiction... Will says it was worse than Transformers 3.
That's a tall order, son.

Spoilers
---

Bella's limbs, ribs, and back were broken, and they cut her abdomen straight open, then Edward cut the fetus out with his mouth. And the anesthetic wasn't active yet. Course, none of the scenes were as graphic as the book, but that's even worse. Super obvious shock factor, plus plot-deciding "lol feminism" moments.
It's hard to believe how it can be 'lol feminism' when the rest of the series is so incredibly sexist.

also

RottenTomatoesReview said:
It's precisely three shots in that Taylor Lautner takes his shirt off,
lulz
--------------

Ya know, there's actually a ton of really nice anime-style fanart of Harry Potter once you dig through all the yaoi.

I'm always amazed at how well it translates so well into the style. Must be the archetypes Rowling uses. Probably the same reason Twilight works so well too. I'm especially fond of the Taiga design frequently used for Hermione. It just works so well.

On a side note, I love Arby's observation that, despite whatever flaws the films had, Rickman's performance was so iconic that it completely superseded the book's character description.

-------

Anyone up for a post-Thanksgiving Muppets movie viewing? I'm thinkin 7-8ish?

*The reason I don't feel like I'm cheating with Vesperia/Abyss is because I'm so completely torn. I do feel that Abyss is a better game, but I've just had so much damn fun having a group with me in Vesperia and it's coat of polish counts for a lot. It's characters are certainly more likeable, but Abyss' are more developed. So, I dunno.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to believe how it can be 'lol feminism' when the rest of the series is so incredibly sexist.
It was an abortion thing. Bella was being stupid to the point that she told Jacob and Edward they could love her through the child she would leave behind instead of her (it was killing her). I hate *good argument* -> *silence + that look* -> *movie ignores argument*.

My mom and I just watched a bunch of Full Metal Jacket clips and re-remembered where we got one of our more common phrases. That drill sergeant scene was probably the best improv in film history.

*fully loaded rifle in face*
"What's your major malfunction numbnuts!?"
*dies*

LOL too good

re: muppets - we'll be back with adam friday afternoon/night

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Arby, if you have a DS, definitely get TWEWY. It's the best game on the system hands down and really shows what potential the DS has.

Seif: I agree with you that from a hardware standpoint, the DS is the best handheld ever. But from a software standpoint, it's the GBA. Being able to play GBA and DS games is what makes the DS better.

Top Bottom