• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Vts

Smash Champion
So who is going to memphis with me this weekend?

also yoshiman i am jelly, looks good, just needs to not be fake!!! jerk...

so going to let my deaf friend borrow one of my anime to see if she likes the show but can't decide between kino's journey or Mushishi , both are 10/10s in my book and i could she that she would enjoy them.

well black friday is next week idk if i'm going to camp out or not.

40" tv for 199.99 1080p would be amazing to watch anime on in my room lol.

Also arby are you going to apex? will are you going to apex?

need to know cus i'm not sure if i'm driving or flying cus if i'm driving i'm going to get a hitch and pull 4-6 TVs to the tournament.

Vts

Smash Champion
Ah she won't get to appreciate those baller openings. What is the point even give her Metalocalypse.

I want to go, but I'm poor as folk.
Well she's a friend and wanted to show her little bit more of my hobbies, and mushishi and kino's journey are both great books and anime. Thinking mushishi since it's 11/10 lol

I'll cover you again, (we just better win teams! no team should beat us, now singles we might lose). But money wise i'm broke also but i have enough to get by like maybe $100 to last me 2 weeks so i'm fine since I also can ask my parents for some money. i'm too broke for black friday sadly to get anything but somehow going to get that zelda 3ds lol

the east is burning red and this fire will not die!!!!

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
So who is going to memphis with me this weekend?

also yoshiman i am jelly, looks good, just needs to not be fake!!! jerk...

so going to let my deaf friend borrow one of my anime to see if she likes the show but can't decide between kino's journey or Mushishi , both are 10/10s in my book and i could she that she would enjoy them.
If she's deaf you should go with the more visually impressive of two e.g. Mushi-shi. Then follow up with maybe some Shinkai or Redline.

Let us start running right now
Down the trackless path
If we entrust our backs to each other
We have nothing to fear

If the feet of one of us were to stop
Surely another of us will lend a shoulder
And even if we pretend not to notice
Our hearts are one, my fellows
Wtf Carnival Phantasm ending, y u make me so sentimental with your bro-song?

umm I didn't use my time wisely and will not be able to go anywhere this weekend

too many papers to write by sunday; bad enough I'm going next weekend with two big essays and a test coming the monday/tuesday after
Hurry up and finish so we can at least squeeze some anime in Sunday night. I'll treat you to a good dinner if you can make the time.

-Now I must sleep so I can play more Minecraft-

Vts

Smash Champion
And off he goes.
I;m still up pulling alnighter writing papers, pretty easy mode if I focus, hard part is focusing lol.

just need 3 more pages really so can do that in like an hour or so but internet is my drug.... must resist it.

@seif- she reads lots of book and she isn't really into art to much so something with great story would grab here, hell i should let her borrow gurren lagann lol

Vts

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h6TAQfBDb2s#t=89s

He tried the running jab! Looks like an attempted buffer shield drop uair in there too. Dude's on that grind.

I should be on that school grind instead of awake at 3 AM...
arby wanna go over my essay in few hours?

i got a few i can send you if you wanna just kill time and get some editting practice, in return weekend is on me ( i'll get you qdoba also since your broke)

only work i ask of you is winning teams, even if we must do sheik/IC lol

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
going to sleep, but I can look at something by Saturday at the latest

haven't started that 10 page paper due yesterday, a three pager which is due today, and another ten page due monday >.> whooops haven't read any of these thirty books piled around me

my sheik is a smoothie of pureed goat testicles, don't count on it

Vts

Smash Champion
going to sleep, but I can look at something by Saturday at the latest

haven't started that 10 page paper due yesterday, a three pager which is due today, and another ten page due monday >.> whooops haven't read any of these thirty books piled around me

my sheik is a smoothie of pureed goat testicles, don't count on it
it's really bad when i read the last line as a song

"my sheik is a smoothie with ***** that gots good taste"

yeah my stuff is due today lol o well

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I knew Plup was really good, but him beating Linguini? And 3-0'ing him in such fashion? That's very surprising. Even if he camps hard and plays uber g@y.

Although Guini didn't look very smooth, so I don't know that he was playing his best.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
jacobs, jinkleheimers, and schmidts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0eRWvDu5WY

This is a consarned good version I tell you what.

Wow two of the Disney princesses were in Les Mis. Judy Khun (Pocahontas) back in the 80s, and Lea Salonga (Mulan+Jasmine) was apparently Eponine in the 10th anniversary (above) and Fantine in the 25th. Jeez she's talented.

Seems the singers for Belle and Ariel also voiced them 0_0 Not that you can really tell with the others unless you already know...

Looks like the /a/effect works for music too. I finally listen to Pet Sounds, and sure enough a Beach Boys thread pops up when I'm about halfway through. Just took a shower and randomly got Wu Tang's C.R.E.A.M. stuck in my head, now some guy is mentioning the exact line out of left field. The internet knows...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
on the subject of sabergaming, I'd be willing to help coding a website.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
My opinion is that Arkansas may very well be looking at a title shot if we beat LSU friday!!

Number 3 in the nation, preceded by the SEC's finest 1) LSU, and 2) Alabama!!

Woo Pig BABY!!!!

*edit

Also give me enough time to formulate a top ten and I will let you know.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
But they've basically only beaten everyone they were expected to. And somehow the hype goes up with each unsurprising win. I just don't get it. Is the idea that you prove the worth of your actual, final ranking by plowing through featherweights to get there?

Realistically, I'd place a lot of money on Arkansas losing next weekend...

G. Vice

Smash Lord
But they've basically only beaten everyone they were expected to. And somehow the hype goes up with each unsurprising win. I just don't get it. Is the idea that you prove the worth of your actual, final ranking by plowing through featherweights to get there?

Realistically, I'd place a lot of money on Arkansas losing next weekend...
How much do you keep up with college football again Arby?

1) We play in the SEC, aka the hardest conference in the nation. No win is guaranteed ever, especially when you play on the road.

2) We beat #14 Texas A&M on the road earlier this season.

3) We drummed the #9 ranked South Carolina team that boasted the 3rd best defense in our conference.

4) We are ranked number 1 in all stats offense in the SEC, also where the defense is the toughest.

5) We destroyed the defending conference champions Auburn who were ranked #15 at the time.

6) Our only loss was to the number 2 team in the nation, ON THE ROAD, when our best running back was injured, and we've gotten alot better since.

So while there is a good chance that LSU will beat us in Louisiana on Friday, Arkansas has a fighting chance. We have one of the most explosive offenses in the nation, as well as one of the best special teams line-ups in the nation. Joe Adams is the best punt returner in the SEC by far, and possibly more than that.

So before you start talking about us only beating featherweights, keep up with some games on a weekly basis and compare stats from around the globe. Tune in on ESPN on a regular basis, and then come to me presenting a case. Sir :)

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
How much do you keep up with college football again Arby?

1) We play in the SEC, aka the hardest conference in the nation. No win is guaranteed ever, especially when you play on the road.

2) We beat #14 Texas A&M on the road earlier this season.

3) We drummed the #9 ranked South Carolina team that boasted the 3rd best defense in our conference.

4) We are ranked number 1 in all stats offense in the SEC, also where the defense is the toughest.

5) We destroyed the defending conference champions Auburn who were ranked #15 at the time.

6) Our only loss was to the number 2 team in the nation, ON THE ROAD, when our best running back was injured, and we've gotten alot better since.

So while there is a good chance that LSU will beat us in Louisiana on Friday, Arkansas has a fighting chance. We have one of the most explosive offenses in the nation, as well as one of the best special teams line-ups in the nation. Joe Adams is the best punt returner in the SEC by far, and possibly more than that.

So before you start talking about us only beating featherweights, keep up with some games on a weekly basis and compare stats from around the globe. Tune in on ESPN on a regular basis, and then come to me presenting a case. Sir :)
I'm not even a fan of the sec, except arkansas, and I agree with what this man says. A good offense in a conference of boring defenses is awesome. I'm going to be rooting for AR.

Also, Jason can't make it to the tournament this weekend, so it'll just be me you need to pick up. I also need teammate. :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
As I recall, you were way down on Arkansas after the close game with A&M. Auburn was nice, yeah, but they've since proven what they're worth this season. Everything otherwise has been expected in terms of rankings and the perceived strengths of each team (except SC). By featherweight I mean the majority of the teams they've beaten, especially the last two. We've gone up a lot with those wins, which is confusing to me. Maybe I'm thinking in terms of Elo and Smash brackets too much, but it's like me beating Raven Knight in quarters or something. Yeah I technically could have lost, but really?

It just seems to me that your opinion of AR improved 5000 times with the victory over Auburn, and then was solidified with SC. That's great and all, but statwise they're nothing on the teams that matter to us, aka top 2. Otherwise, we've really only beaten featherweights - relatively, complete tournament randoms. We may have improved by beating teams around our skill and lower, and we've gotten way more consistent whomping on the scrubs, but to say we have a good chance against the top dogs based on that data alone is just wishful thinking to me until proven otherwise.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
you're thinking of it wrong, Arbustos. Melee and football aren't good comparisons. In melee, rarely will you have an upset of some scrub beating a top ranked player. In football it happens, as saturday and friday showed, way too often. All these football teams are good. There is no random scrub. Especially in the sec. :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Hm so it's just a crapshoot with favored odds? No wonder fantasy football is so popular.

Although I think the results are more consistent than you're indicating, and my points still stands.

Stopped to watch Kage 2-1 Hax. They always have the best matches. The matchup is brutal!!!

He's playing Mango in winners semis. The other is M2k vs PP -> vs probably Jman. 5 of the top 7 right there.

mmmm PP M2k was a good set again. 2-1 last stock, he almost had it. Missed an illusion edgeguard again for the loss :\ Also never DI's Falco's up throw for some unfathomable reason and dies repeatedly for it.

buncha close matches, Mango won with that RED Falco

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13693708#post13693708
cool thread, **** melee I'm playing pokemans again

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Stopped to watch Kage 2-1 Hax. They always have the best matches. The matchup is brutal!!!

He's playing Mango in winners semis. The other is M2k vs PP -> vs probably Jman. 5 of the top 7 right there.

mmmm PP M2k was a good set again. 2-1 last stock, he almost had it. Missed an illusion edgeguard again for the loss :\ Also never DI's Falco's up throw for some unfathomable reason and dies repeatedly for it.

buncha close matches, Mango won with that RED Falco
Are there videos for this or was it a livestream?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
m2k choking hard :(, tis very sad sight to see
Yeah, it's funny how many fanboys he has (including myself) when he is so unabashedly gay in game. Planking on the edge for a minute or more against PP... although the second set was way different. Something played change of heart on him. Even the legion of anti-gay proponents out there (aka west coast) love to see him do well. SUPER underdog status.

I love when I finally listen to a classic album and give it time to grow on me. And then it does, like a malignant fungus. Hard part about music recommendations is that so much requires that time to grow, so what may resonate with you (and many others) after a few listens will fall flat on the ears of a first-timer. Most activities aren't like that... anyway, Pet Sounds deserves all the praise it gets. I think it's Rolling Stone's 2nd best album ever, but then again I don't personally agree with their #1 Sgt. Pepper. Funnily enough, Sgt. Pepper was a response to Pet Sounds, which was a response to Rubber Soul (MY favorite), which was a response to Dylan telling everyone to get on his level of songwriting.

This is just about the sweetest love song I've ever heard:
I can hear so much in your sighs
And I can see so much in your eyes
There are words we both could say
But don't talk, put your head on my shoulder
Come close, close your eyes and be still
Don't talk, take my hand
And let me hear your heart beat
challenged only by God Only Knows on the same album and the Beatles' In My Life

enough with livejournal, back to this paper

arbustos

Smash Journeyman