• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Yo VTS, we'll probably do teams first next time. It's a learning process. Hopefully next time we can run a few separate streams (one for each major event) but we'll see if that's feasible.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Zinth!

You owe me a money match when we play. Apparently it's going to be a legendary match according to your crew. Also, Gravity went super saiyan, so play him and see his improvements :)
Normally, I don't do money matches, but if it would create motivation for both of us to play our best and make a legendary set, then I would do that. It has to be recorded, though, so the match can still be learned from after it has been played. Of course, if neither of us needs the monetary motivation to play seriously, then recorded seriouslies would be cool, too :)

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Full Results and Shoutouts for ARK III (from the non-Smash community) are pretty much done guys. I still have a few teams to figure out, but no bigs on that. Make sure to check out pictures of the event here: ARK III Pictures and this mini-documentary here: ARK III by News6 that might HAVE you in it haha. Thanks everyone for coming out and I hope I didn't miss dropping you a shoutout on that second post. See ya at ARK IV!

Inocram

Smash Cadet
I had such a blast. Maxx, this tournament was HOT in all senses of the word. You guys did a great job running it, playing in it, and getting Justin Wong was awesome.

I only really played a few friendlies, didn't participate in the Melee tournament. I had too much fun though telling some of my friends there at their first tournament who everyone was/who they played. I felt like a Smash Historian, all I need are some Ninja Info cards.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah. Sorry for the heat dude. Next time'll be better. Thanks for coming out!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Good games Ino :)

Sorry I didn't play Ganon against you, I hope you're not offended.

I'm busy with school this week, but hopefully next week I can get some smash in. Arby, I'm looking at you! I got a new controller, and I'm just learning it completely. I haven't gotten the chance to try it out, but the little I've messed around with it I can tell that it makes my wavedashing/landing fuller and has more range of motion. But the analog and cstick feel big...probably because I haven't put 7 years of erosion on it.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
It makes me wander if I need to get a new controller, but I dunno. If I do get one, I want to pimp it out somehow.

Arby... Can I come over and play tonight? I must increase my Doc skillz. Also, I'm awaiting the ARKIII video thread. I wanna see what people say.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I am inspired to create lengthy incantations for my first D&D experience. At some point you can give me blunt head trauma so I forget them all and say blahblahblah or, in this case, "where am I?" or "who are you people?"

Vts

Smash Champion
Coincidence. My patient today had downs syndrome.

Also, I can't smash thursday night cuz I have a huge test on the GI system on friday morning.
ouch hey arby and yoshiman coming to memphis friday night with me for fun times in memphis?

will be back saturday night cus i need to study on sunday for math test to make sure i ace it.

also how many clips do i have for brain freeze?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
ouch hey arby and yoshiman coming to memphis friday night with me for fun times in memphis?

will be back saturday night cus i need to study on sunday for math test to make sure i ace it.

also how many clips do i have for brain freeze?
Why do you guys have to do fun stuff on weekends that I'm swamped? :(

G. Vice

Smash Lord
cus we don't wash old men's bodies for a hobby ;)
It's all temporary Veets. One day when I'm writing out your prescription for "anti-johnsyndrome" you'll be thanking me. Besides, having a nurse as a friend is an EXCELLENT benefit son. Free tips and health care perks.

Vts

Smash Champion
It's all temporary Veets. One day when I'm writing out your prescription for "anti-johnsyndrome" you'll be thanking me. Besides, having a nurse as a friend is an EXCELLENT benefit son. Free tips and health care perks.
i'll be confused when u'll be writing my prescriptions since i call my doctor and ask for any drug and he will write it for me cus he is awesome.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Is September good for the Smash community for ARK IV? What about October/November?

Vts

Smash Champion
Is September good for the Smash community for ARK IV? What about October/November?
Get with saberguy cus he wants to host a big one around that time so will see if that will be the first 2 day Ark tournament :).

since that brought 150 people if you could get j.wong again i'll go around looking for cheap hotel and venue place for this if we can get a good deal it can be amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTcSf7N9pRI&- :42-:48 mfw over

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Get with saberguy cus he wants to host a big one around that time so will see if that will be the first 2 day Ark tournament :).

since that brought 150 people if you could get j.wong again i'll go around looking for cheap hotel and venue place for this if we can get a good deal it can be amazing.
He said he's totally down to come! Markman (Madcatz Community Representative) also said he's interested which would probably provide us a sponsorship. We were definitely talking doing a 2 day tournament as well. I think ARK IV will blow up if we get everything put into place. Obviously with the help of Saber Gaming and Justin Wong (and potentially MadCatz), we'll have several hundred people. I'd like to see the Smash tournies get a lot bigger as well.
And we'll also look into a cheap venue. Hopefully whatever new place we get has a good internet connection because our stream was a success at ARK III with ~1500 viewers at one time. Obviously whatever we choose we'll have to get some sort of legally binding contract with them. If anyone tries to pull what that hotel pulled on LRGC1, I'll sue the crap out of them.

Top Bottom