• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
So, we need to jump on this 'Tiger and Bunny 'train. It's apparently awesome.

-Edit- Also, holy crap. The Clannad movie is freaking painful to watch. Oh my gawd. It's so terrible.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
So, we need to jump on this 'Tiger and Bunny 'train. It's apparently awesome.
I'm willing to watch the first episode with you. I've already seen it, but it wasn't too impressed. Maybe you and arby will see something I didn't.

Also, I started watching Air and it was painfully almost an exact copy of clannad. Clannad was great, but this show does it all wrong. I'm not sure if I want to continue watching.

Vts

Smash Champion
so downloading spartacus while i'm gone blu-ray rips 34g for 13 episodes alright

its only 720p though :S

also got a 7g one running comparing blu-ray to dvd to see if it's worth 34g.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Isn't that problematically subjective? As we are considerably better than you at SM, our "difficult but not too difficult" could be way over your head.

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

No i mostly got good from just playing songs that are too hard, but I mean songs where challenge isn't a 15 step i can handle the rest

I'm just deciding to get back in to SM

and neither one of you are better than me in anyway I've proven this many times

WHO'S AT HOME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Vts

Smash Champion
well wish i my dumb hands could play the piano lol

still up messing around on it saddly.

arby i got the 2nd cd from wolf's rain and remember why i never put in my car there are like 3-4 songs i really don't care for and 5-6 that are alright and about 2-3 that are good so i like the first cd better :D

also have you heard of this song or know the band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJGq8Fn8cuc

pretty nifty what pandora found for my with my frou frou station.

its starting to become my favorite station its tied with pillows station :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I'm still waiting to see what is happening with my shine combo
I'll upload it with my falcon punches ;)
also have you heard of this song or know the band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJGq8Fn8cuc
"His 2009 album Standing in Silence is a step away from his earlier ‘downbeat’ work into more of a shoegaze and post-rock ambient soundtrack direction."

That's so far down my alley I should charge rent. Thanks Stu!

Frou Frou station is a good idea...

Vts

Smash Champion
I'll upload it with my falcon punches ;)

"His 2009 album Standing in Silence is a step away from his earlier ‘downbeat’ work into more of a shoegaze and post-rock ambient soundtrack direction."

That's so far down my alley I should charge rent. Thanks Stu!

Frou Frou station is a good idea...
np Ru!

i had a huge list but my save file failed cus it was like 20 bands that i've never heard of that had some good songs :(

i'll find some more song later

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

"This is the oldest you have ever been and the youngest you will ever be."
"If a woman has all boys (or no children at all), they are ending a chain of women that has been going since we were single-celled organisms."
"If you are 80 years old, you have lived through over 1/3 of America's history."
"Someday they will stop making pop-tarts."
"Others: I just read an article about a woman who died in 2003, and she was still receiving VA benefits for her husband's service.... in the Civil War. He married her at 81 when she was 18.
The 10th President, John Tyler, who was born in the 1700s, still has two living grandsons today."

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby, you working on Devour 2 this weekend since you didn't go to Memphis? :D

Let's get together some time this week and pick out for sure what's gonna go in it, and even smash some. I need to play people with my new controller.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
This community is also to relaxed with it's skill, when is the last time you practice by yourself for more than an hour?
We should work on gaining some simple muscle memory next time. Everyone should always and forever DI Falco's uthrow up so he can't follow, DI in or fastfall to the edge when shined off by Fox so he can't super gay you, etc. A negligible amount of focused practice can have such amazing, immediate results.
Anecdotal evidence: A friend from the days of yore couldn't tech or meteor cancel to save his life (literally), so we did a 3v1 99 stocks, forcing him to recover and nothing else. In an hour, he became the best I've still ever seen.

hm...

Fox on a good day
Sheik >= Falco
Marth >= Puff
Peach
Falcon==ICs
??? doc/ganon/samus pika/luigi mario/dk I have no idea what's going on down here

It's more like
fox/sheik/falco/marth/puff
peach/falcon/ICs

Basically who feels like winning that day, although the first five have an easier job of it if they're playing the matchup somewhat correctly.

Vts

Smash Champion
well i let peach be above just cus armada shows that u can be crazy fast with float canceling nairs and fairs more often then a falcon perfect jabing into short hop nair going up hitting with first leg and fast falling when 2nd leg hits and l-cancel into jabs to keep them in shield stun or just put up a wall of crap

really peach/falcon/ic should be tied as frosted flakes cus they are great!

:D

yay got to use the pun

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You should give me that meteor canceling training. I've never understood the timing
You're able to meteor-cancel on frame 8 after hitlag, i.e. after 8 frames + however many frames of hitlag you are in ("window for SDI").

If you're meteor canceling with a double jump (either up or x/y), then if you try to meteor cancel on frames 1-7, it will be unsuccessful and you won't be able to meteor cancel with a double jump for 40 frames. During these 40 frames (provided you're past the first 1-7 frames), however, you can input an Up-B and it will be successful.
Up-B itself does weird things with meteor canceling. If you're recovering with Up-B and get meteor'd out of it, a 40 frame counter starts from the beginning of your Up-B and you can't meteor cancel in any way until that's over, and that counter doesn't run during hitlag. The 40 frame counter will also start if you try to input an Up-B during frames 1-7 of knockback. Thankfully, trying to jump or Up-B during frames of hitlag don't trigger a no-Meteor Cancel window.
Marth doesn't have multiple mid-air jumps so I won't get into that scenario.

Credit goes to Magus420 for originally finding this information out. Hope that helps!
Like many things in Smash, you're probably missing it because you try too early or too fast. It's easy with Fox because you can wait forever and still make it back. The guy I'm talking about would get Ganon stomped for 200 percent on FD and keep coming back up. Course, it all falls apart if you get hit too close to the bottom and don't have time to charge firefox (YOSHI'S STORY - thank god for that wall to tech off of).

This is why double stomping Marth's up-b is so good. It's a fast move, and he often can't dolphin slash again because that 40-frame counter is running. Marths immediately try anyway because panic mode, and then they waste any last-minute opportunity they could have had to up-b right as the counter ends. Sometimes there's no opportunity at all and his only option is to die. Seems a fair trade for all those low percent dair kills he gets, especially on falcon/ganon.
well i let peach be above just cus armada shows that u can be crazy fast with float canceling nairs and fairs more often then a falcon perfect jabing into short hop nair going up hitting with first leg and fast falling when 2nd leg hits and l-cancel into jabs to keep them in shield stun or just put up a wall of crap

really peach/falcon/ic should be tied as frosted flakes cus they are great!
Peach does her thing (building damage with CG/combos/trades/dsmash and edgeguarding) far more consistently than Falcon or ICs can. Falcon has to turn one opportunity into a kill, significant momentum, or often both. ICs have amazing moves, but they are split, comboed, edgeguarded, gimped, and generally dismantled far too easily. I gave Sheik the advantage on Falco for the same reason. They both get combo and edgeguard *****, but Sheik's game is easier to maintain. Falco really is a glass cannon.

The problem with Falcon shield pressure is that it's even less real than other characters'. You can probably CC the jab or nair and get out, or DI either one up and jump away. I imagine the jab doesn't add enough shieldstun to prevent other escapes or counters either. That wall is also weak for all the same reasons that fully spaced nair isn't the best move in the game, however Falcons may dream.

Vts

Smash Champion
well u can CC the jabs until like 40-50% then they start to knock u down if he does it fast enough to get the last hit in before ur hit stun is over.

really IC can wrack up dmg fast its just from grabs and not combos/2-3 hits (even though they hit hard almost 20% with every move if both nana and popo hit)

peach just lacks movement speed slow character will always be slow

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I think it's funny how when a character is realized to be a contender, they're moved to mid tier instead of saying even low tiers have a real chance (zelda, pika).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOiQggwLQQQ#t=1m23s

An example of that 40 frame counter thing preventing a meteor cancel. I stomped him immediately after he began his up-b, so he wouldn't be able to do anything until 40 frames after that input. Taking advantage of this by consciously waiting for their up-b before meteoring sounds like an incredibly good idea. You might also get frustration points if they don't know about this because they thought they just missed an easy cancel.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I just thought that video was awesome 'cause the lone green falcon came back in the first match lol. But I get what you're saying.

I probably try it too early. I was under the assumption that you press up be right after you get hit, so I would try it literally right after I got hit within the 1-7 frames. I guess I should use my Fox long recovery powers to my advantage and wait for it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I just thought that video was awesome 'cause the lone green falcon came back in the first match lol. But I get what you're saying.

I probably try it too early. I was under the assumption that you press up be right after you get hit, so I would try it literally right after I got hit within the 1-7 frames. I guess I should use my Fox long recovery powers to my advantage and wait for it.
I like how everyone comments on the falcon, and then no one comments that the exact thing happens the exact next match except with Ganon!

You Captain Falcon prejudiced smashers!

Oh and btw, we should get together tonight. Tonight's about the best day for me of all the days this week.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

And then you mix in stage techs depending on the situation and it becomes a circus act of them trying to keep the edgeguard up and you recovering from a thousand different angles and hits.

You better believe it Vice! Falcon prejudice is like preferring white girls. Ain't nothin' wrong with it.

Will and I will be busy until 8:50

Top Bottom