• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey Seif, your coworker got destroyed by one of the chinamen. One stock was a zero to death, and at the same moment I said "daaaamn" out loud, I heard your friend go "daaaaamn" in the commentary.

Max, Don and Yi's matches will be on youtube if they want to see them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycFIEFyo7yc - second match is domination
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtKuFnqTPk

I'll make a big list when they're all done
Thanks I'll let them know. Also, let me know when everything's uploaded so I can put it on our main page. Thanks dude!

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Also, I was wondering if you guys minded if I reuploaded your videos to the official A.R.K. youtube channel? I'll link to this thread and your channel as well.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Sure, but you'll have a sizable number of fairly long videos to work with. The video thread here will link to my channel though.

dammit vts, play like that outside of tourney so everyone in arkansas beats everyone and we push each other to such great heights possibly maybe.

jack, methinks your wavedashes are too full sometimes to land the punish. maybe that's intentional or you're anticipating something else in those situations or you just want to get away with a move to cover your retreat (utilt), but in any case I forgot to mention it.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
jack, methinks your wavedashes are too full sometimes to land the punish. maybe that's intentional or you're anticipating something else in those situations or you just want to get away with a move to cover your retreat (utilt), but in any case I forgot to mention it.
Jack is cursed with perfection. For example, instead of walking from point A to point B, he only does gymnastic somersaults.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Alas, it is so.

great googly moogly, singles are finally done rendering. when william lewis anthony XIV wakes up, he can upload and teams will follow summarily. we have class today, so this will be a risky business, perhaps mission impossible, and potentially even the most dangerous game.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hey, I bailed at least a week before the tournament, so I think it was just Chris who bailed at the last-minute :p

I wanted to go to ARK, but I had made prior arrangements with my gf for the day that happened to be the day of the tournament that it would not have been in my best interest to bail out on, so I wasn't able to make it. However, it sounds like the Oklahomies who went had a pretty awesome time, so I am definitely interested in future Arkansas Melee events.
Zinth!

You owe me a money match when we play. Apparently it's going to be a legendary match according to your crew. Also, Gravity went super saiyan, so play him and see his improvements :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Gravity might have gone SSJ, but he ran out of energy against VTS. VTS was running on Kaioken x100 and Senzu Beans. I think he busted out the Instant Transmission Handoff and I swear I saw a Solar Flare. Suuuch a dirty fighter :p

I spent all morning (literally all of it) working on vids instead of studying for this midterm, but I ***** it anyway so everyone wins! Still waiting on Yoshi "Smash is a party game" Macho Man Savage to wake up...

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Gravity might have gone SSJ, but he ran out of energy against VTS. VTS was running on Kaioken x100 and Senzu Beans. I think he busted out the Instant Transmission Handoff and I swear I saw a Solar Flare. Suuuch a dirty fighter :p

I spent all morning (literally all of it) working on vids instead of studying for this midterm, but I ***** it anyway so everyone wins! Still waiting on Yoshi "Smash is a party game" Macho Man Savage to wake up...
Senzu beans are so broken. Kinda like Sheik.

I'm looking at you Iori :/

Also, ARby, we never sat aside that time to pull out clips for Devour 2. We gotta do that in the near future.

Also, I find it important to learn better spacing vs Sheik/Fox. Those match-ups were always hard for me, but as of late I have found are getting harder for my Ganon.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I'm in a video editing mood, so soon would be optimal for Devour.

I have a good idea of where you can easily improve from watching these matches, and since I guess I play those two characters now somewhat you can work through it. It's amazing how much little tweaks in your game can help. Right now I'm personally in the process of seeing the game in a whole new way, so playing in general will aid that along.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm in a video editing mood, so soon would be optimal for Devour.

I have a good idea of where you can easily improve from watching these matches, and since I guess I play those two characters now somewhat you can work through it. It's amazing how much little tweaks in your game can help. Right now I'm personally in the process of seeing the game in a whole new way, so playing in general will aid that along.
If you think you can take the best combos that we have recorded and put them in as you see fit, I see no reason I should have to be there with you to do so. You're a competent smasher, so you will do fine I think. Besides, I really like to be surprised when it comes out. I feel like it's something new and cool, and I look forward to watching it as well.

And definitely, you're far more analytical than I am, so I would appreciate the help in getting through this. If I can improve even a little vs Sheik/Fox, I feel like I will be comfortable enough with my matchups to be content to play the player, not stress because their character is better than mine.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
That's what I like to hear.
Grats on being a beast in Money Matches. I love watching those. Also, I hope I made a good "fist impression" on your Link friend :D

I just talked to Arby longer than I think we've ever talked before over the phone. He's my new inspiration in smash. Clay, we gotta watch our back...he's coming for us, and we have LOTS of reason to be scared.

qwertyfalcon

Smash Rookie
So, finally getting on here and want to play some more smash after that tournament. Looking for people to play in the area.
Tyler
Conway, AR
Captain Falcon/Fox (melee)

qwertyfalcon

Smash Rookie
I didn't actually get to play in this tournament b/c I had to work and ended up just playing casuals, but I got 7th at the A.R.K. II tournament last year if any of you remember me.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Clay, we gotta watch our back...he's coming for us, and we have LOTS of reason to be scared.
I'm aware lol. Although I dunno what he was doing last tournament :/ I'm assuming I'll get passed at some point if he keeps up. Then again, that may just ignite the fires of competition in me and I'll rise to the challenge. Even if Arby does blow past me, it's only going to make me a better player in the long run, so have at it Asian man.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm aware lol. Although I dunno what he was doing last tournament :/ I'm assuming I'll get passed at some point if he keeps up. Then again, that may just ignite the fires of competition in me and I'll rise to the challenge. Even if Arby does blow past me, it's only going to make me a better player in the long run, so have at it Asian man.
Agreed. I welcome the challenge. But us old smashers shouldn't let him waltz by care free! You'll have to take it from us Arbustos Ardiente! Btw these new boards are pretty cool, I like them.

Also...Arby I've finally done what you said...the painful art of breaking in a new controller is underway.

Farewell sweet, sweet 7 year old controller...I shall miss thee.

Vts

Smash Champion
Agreed. I welcome the challenge. But us old smashers shouldn't let him waltz by care free! You'll have to take it from us Arbustos Ardiente! Btw these new boards are pretty cool, I like them.

Also...Arby I've finally done what you said...the painful art of breaking in a new controller is underway.

Farewell sweet, sweet 7 year old controller...I shall miss thee.
holy crap man 7 year old controller kind of makes u a like a father saying good bye to your son who is heading off to college but then u realize he is going to college for a history degree :D.

Arby is too good he'll be best in arkansas no time flat and i'll be like 10th by then :(.

@ tyler nice to meet you i'm going to memphis this weekend to smash if u want to tag a long to some strangers house u've never been to lol.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You can keep everything but the stick, so it's not so bad.

but then u realize he is going to college for a history degree :D.
My dad still hasn't accepted it. He keeps asking what my real major is.

I want everyone to be best in Arkansas at the same time. The game will be funnest then.

qwertyfalcon

Smash Rookie
@Vts
Only If there is candy. Actually, I was kind of hoping there might be some kind of weekly game in central arkansas that I could start getting in on.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I just watched my match versus VTS, and I totally got straight up beat. I wasn't off my game or anything. Best thing I saw he was doing that really got me was him doing simple grabbing me, charging forward smashes with Nana, then edgeguarding(Chudat). Plus, he did well on his handoffs(Wobbles) lol. Overall, great play.

I also noticed how clean my basics have become. I used to watch videos and cringe, but that wasn't as bad as I remember. Woohoo for improvements.

j00t

Smash Champion
I wanna play so many AR folks with my new and improved Game and Watch. Here's to TO7

Vts

Smash Champion
I just watched my match versus VTS, and I totally got straight up beat. I wasn't off my game or anything. Best thing I saw he was doing that really got me was him doing simple grabbing me, charging forward smashes with Nana, then edgeguarding(Chudat). Plus, he did well on his handoffs(Wobbles) lol. Overall, great play.

I also noticed how clean my basics have become. I used to watch videos and cringe, but that wasn't as bad as I remember. Woohoo for improvements.
i noticed i got lucky and called your stuff wow my play style is so bad :(

if i had to play myself after watching that video i could 3 stock myself.

at least i know where to improve at kind of, movement, desyncs, hand off, and not throwing moves out so randomly ><

wow my get on from the ledge is so bad lol

@ tyler yeah might play thrusday night at seif's unless we watch anime instead, i'll keep you posted.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I always ignore all the props people give me and diss myself so I have johns to fall back on in the future
Yeah dude, I totally agree.

Arby you're right, but only if I'm slightly more best in Arkansas than the rest of you :D

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I know right? Videos are good for making you realize what a noob you are. I could **** myself fifteen ways to Tuesday.

Vice: We'll see :p
I'm hoping that Devour 2 gets started soon.

You're in a video editing mood, and I'm in a video watching mood, especially videos with me in them :D

winning that is :/

Vts

Smash Champion
didn't mean for it to come off like that.

Love being praised and i was shaking in my boots vs chamberlin the last stock which was just a bad choice for him to air dodge on the stage cus he had me.

the results are crazy also.

3rd-chamberlin, 4th- vts , 5th g.vice, 7th ace/arby, 9th saberguy

just really had tournament to seed also since the OK people were really good.

i'm surprised i did so well to be perfectly honest i thought i was about to lose to gravity with his hugs like samus and my first match vs yi so really close skill wise tournament.

so results were kind of whack.

overall it was great turn out but wish we did teams first but i followed there rules so there was no real warm up.

arby do brain freeze before devour lol

Top Bottom