• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey VTS, sent you something on facebook to do for one of our sponsors. Can you do that ASAP and get back to me? Thanks.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Thanks VTS. Also, remember guys. Melee starts at 4:30 to accommodate all of our out of town/state guests. Brawl is still at 2:30!

Vts

Smash Champion
Thanks VTS. Also, remember guys. Melee starts at 4:30 to accommodate all of our out of town/state guests. Brawl is still at 2:30!
I'll be there around noonish to make sure everything is set up and to do other stuff to make sure we run a smooth tournament on my half :)

also crews would be done at that time instead of after the tournament since we may not have time.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there around noonish to make sure everything is set up and to do other stuff to make sure we run a smooth tournament on my half :)

also crews would be done at that time instead of after the tournament since we may not have time.
Thanks man. Yeah you're in charge with Smash so do whatever you feel is necessary. Just make sure that Brawl starts at roughly 2:30 and Melee at 4:30 since that's what we put on the schedule. If Brawl (singles and teams) isn't done by 4:30, then you can either delay Melee or just switch all the TVs except 1-2 to Melee. Your call. Feel free to bring a ton of setups guys. We are trying to make room for all of them and I'm not 100% sure we have enough tables right now, but we will be having 7 setups each for Marvel and SSF4 so having at least 5-6 setups for Smash should be doable IMO.

But yeah, thanks again for running Smash. I have no idea how your crew battles work, so I'll probably be watching them haha.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby how's that Devour 2 looking? Do you think the songs are gonna mesh well with the vid or should I look for a new second song?

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't our gameplan be give them money and say sponsored by Saber Gaming?

As far as Genesis goes that's all I was really wanting to do, besides to get plane tickets that is.

We should prolly do that Thursday.

Vts

Smash Champion
Wouldn't our gameplan be give them money and say sponsored by Saber Gaming?

As far as Genesis goes that's all I was really wanting to do, besides to get plane tickets that is.

We should prolly do that Thursday.
Well do we also want to help run it or just have us sponsoring it?

do we want to sell shirts of our own stuff like

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'd be glad to help run it if they want us to, I don't mind.

As far as shirts we'll sell our own when our own tourny comes up, I'm sure they have shirts planned out already. If they could post our logo (Which is someone can point me in the direction of a graphic designer that would help.) on the shirt that would be great too.

I'm really not sure what the logo is going to be yet, I think we should all come up with ideas tomorrow and talk about it.

To be honest the logo is my primary concern at this point, just so we'll have something to work with.

AR_ACE

Smash Rookie
Thanks!!! Sorry you can't make it :/

I still haven't left yet just stopped playing cuz what was the point in getting better when I was being left out of almost all the smashfests, then making time to go to the tournies when I get left behind lol.... Meh I might just show up to ark to play some peeps and see how many I can beat ande see everyone...

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I still haven't left yet just stopped playing cuz what was the point in getting better when I was being left out of almost all the smashfests, then making time to go to the tournies when I get left behind lol.... Meh I might just show up to ark to play some peeps and see how many I can beat ande see everyone...
Don't emo out on me now Ace...I get enough of that from VTS!

lol I didn't know that you were even taking off work for it! I blame Veets since he's the designated driver :D

I blame Veets for everything come to think of it...

<3 hunter

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Guys it looks like Springfield MO is officially out of A.R.K. III =/
Our drivers car is broke and we're all suffering from a general lack of money.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
And here I was looking forward to playing you guys. Rats. I hope I'm able to make it. You guys know how weekends are for me :/

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I'm dying inside man. That sucks. Well, hopefully we'll see you guys at ARK IV! And by ARK IV, I mean get the car fixed and see us at ARK III haha.

Vts

Smash Champion
Well got rift idk why but about to pass out

So sleepy.

But my computer is doing good just gotta mess with it some more gotta mess with rain meter and get all my torrents stuff working soon.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
You guys missed out on a great tourney in Tulsa! Got to finally meet Solidusspriggan and talk to the Oklahoma crew about coming to each other's tournies. Don't know how busy you guys are, but they are gonna be getting a great thing going up there so I hope to see all of the Arkansas fighting game community represent at their tournies and not just the Street Fighter, Marvel, and BlazBlue guys. Marvel had 44 people enter and SF had 32 people enter. I don't know the stats on Melee/Brawl sorry.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I only play smash, and that is rare enough as is :(

But I hope that AR makes it up and reps at their tourney. SSpriggan is cool, we played in tourney once.

Arby/Yoshi, ready for classes tomorrow?!

I know ya'll can't wait :)

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Haha that'd be awesome! Holy ****. Real talk, CGC is going to explode with how many people we have haha. I'm not even kidding. Btw, just assume Justin Wong's coming.

BTW, if anyone wants to help us get Justin Wong here, then please feel free. We've already had 9 guys donate at least $50 along with Justin Wong throwing in money to get here. Any amount you could give us would be great. It'd go back towards Justin's plane ticket and whatnot. Thanks!

Vts

Smash Champion
Haha that'd be awesome! Holy ****. Real talk, CGC is going to explode with how many people we have haha. I'm not even kidding. Btw, just assume Justin Wong's coming.

BTW, if anyone wants to help us get Justin Wong here, then please feel free. We've already had 9 guys donate at least $50 along with Justin Wong throwing in money to get here. Any amount you could give us would be great. It'd go back towards Justin's plane ticket and whatnot. Thanks!
Sorry but i would have to put my money towards the texas ppl lol

they would drive 7-9 hours to us if they came.

i would put in like 20 bucks for them for gas if not more.

Top Bottom