• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Also we need to talk about entry fee for each game and other things first before we start this crazy pot bonuses
30 venue fee, 30 entrance, 80 for both brawl and melee + venue. Doubles is included in price if they wish to play. $20 spectator fee (No venue cost.). $15 N64 tourney + venue. (But N64 entrance fee is added to pot.)

Gonna wait for the 10th till I post pot amounts and splits.

Vts

Smash Champion
30 venue fee, 30 entrance, 80 for both brawl and melee + venue. Doubles is included in price if they wish to play. $20 spectator fee (No venue cost.). $15 N64 tourney + venue. (But N64 entrance fee is added to pot.)

Gonna wait for the 10th till I post pot amounts and splits.
Imo
20-30 Venue (wait to see the costs and everything with the hotel people)
25 singles for melee or brawl
20 per person teams
then n64 u can pick
and spectator fee should be based on days 1 day pass $10, 3 day pass $20

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Imo
20-30 Venue (wait to see the costs and everything with the hotel people)
25 singles for melee or brawl
20 per person teams
then n64 u can pick
and spectator fee should be based on days 1 day pass $10, 3 day pass $20
It'll prolly just be 30 venue anyway.

30 singles, I'm already gonna be putting a lot of money in the pot so I want to get some back.

Yeah if people come for just teams 20 per person would be a good idea, and that's fine for the spec fee.

Vts

Smash Champion
Um, can I help?
Your about the only person i would trust to help make pools.

i said i wanted to have all the blame for bad pools placed on me so don't want any help yet but still in the starting process of these tournaments we just gotta see whats going on and how many people we get for the online registrations

if we break 300 people i'll need help with the pools.

if we don't then i should be able to handle it and make them as fair as possible.

Vts

Smash Champion
Important splurging money question: Marvel vs Capcom 3 Arcade cabinet for my apt. Yes/no?

If not, which arcade cabinet? Cause I am getting one lol.

OOOO UMK3
custom one with like 400 games

also i'm slowly building an acrade cabinet before u do it ask me cus i can call some people and get good deals on old cabinets lol

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
custom one with like 400 games

also i'm slowly building an acrade cabinet before u do it ask me cus i can call some people and get good deals on old cabinets lol
I don't want old cabinets I want new cabinets. This is like once in a lifetime splurge opportunity here.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm also going to be buying 8 Good CRT screens and 360's + Halo reach for them (And whatever other games.). The living room is going to be the gaming station. =) Gonna try to get several setups worth of recording equipment too.

I'm thinking about hosting small bi-weeklies for the Ark/Memphis community +Neighbors if they wish to come. Prolly like $500 bonus pot each bi-weekly. $10 entrance (Added to pot.) $10 venue fee.

Why do I do this? Because I love gaming.

Vts

Smash Champion
I'm also going to be buying 8 Good CRT screens and 360's + Halo reach for them. The living room is going to be the gaming station. =)
how about we be smart about this for a bit saber if were trying to build something a little control comes in handy

don't go overboard until we can go overboard with these things

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
how about we be smart about this for a bit saber if were trying to build something a little control comes in handy

don't go overboard until we can go overboard with these things
We have to get those things at some point don't we? The 360's will give us both access to MVC3 and Halo reach + CoD if we wished to add them to the tourny roster. The good CRT's can be used for the smash tournament as well. (They could be the ones the finals are recorded on.) AND we need recording equipment anyway. I know you and arby have them but we'd still need a couple more at least. (And yes we do want to use our own recording equipment, trust me.)

Vts

Smash Champion
We have to get those things at some point don't we? The 360's will give us both access to MVC3 and Halo reach if we wished to add them to the tourny roster. The good CRT's can be used for the smash tournament as well. (They could be the ones the finals are recorded on.) AND we need recording equipment anyway. I know you and arby have them but we'd still need a couple more at least. (And yes we do want to use our own recording equipment, trust me.)
i think we need to sit down and talk about what we need now for the first tournament then slowly work out way to the other game being added in.

the CRTs i can understand the 360's and the halos/mvc3 can wait if you plan to have this 3 game tournament with both doubles and singles

3 games for 3 days (4 days if u count friday) running can be slow (mostly brawl that game take too damn long) and u have to factor in how long it will take to make sure pools and brackets are made to be fair.

6 events with 100-300 entries per event is a lot to deal with in the time span

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying we're running 6 100-300 man tournies...I'm saying the bi-monthlies would be small scale just for the memphis and arkansas crew to come together and hone our skills for the southern smash community, we'd host them in my apt were we would have the 8+ setups already. We have plenty of space in that apt for at least 10 setups and chairs if we needed.

Jesus you guys need to chill out, you act like I haven't done any planning or thinking ahead at all when I've been able to easily back up every purchase I am thinking about making with logical reasoning. (With the exception of the arcade cabinet, that's for meeeeeeeeeeeee.)

I guarantee my money management and general common sense is much better than most people.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Try #2. Modified the other one to include what you wanted.

Is this good or bad? I can changed some stuff around if needed. But, I was thinking something like this.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
its a plan in action, we'll let you know.
Greatly appreciated. You can PM me or post it in our Springfield, MO topic found here.

You guys are just as close to us as Saint Louis or Kansas City...so we might as well travel there if you guys have a decent sized tournament.

EDIT: By the way, we have a melee group and a brawl group. I'm part of the melee group, and we're much stronger in that area. I'm not sure what you guys play really or what Innsomnia will be all about.

BunBun

Smash Master
Seriously, don't do the tombstone at all. Even though there are good intentions, it really is in bad taste.

Also, clashing art styles is something you don't want.

AR_ACE

Smash Rookie
I support Saber going all out for the tournies....its like all the female adult movie actresses say "GO BIG AND GO ALL OUT OR GO HOME !!!? lol

Top Bottom