• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Vts

Smash Champion
Quoted for truth, jesus.

Well spaceballs, shall I come to your house this weekend?
going steady with ihsb i see :D

i would love to come but i gotta work :(.

but i think me and arby are going to come to memphis thrusday night before tipped off but idk

if needed we can come friday morning and camp out infront of ihsb's with a tent made of doujins and glued together with man juices :D

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
That's pretty much disgusting Veets. <3

Also Saber I can't this weekend, my parents are going out of town and asked me to look after the house and dog
and 俺の妹

Vts

Smash Champion
That's pretty much disgusting Veets. <3

Also Saber I can't this weekend, my parents are going out of town and asked me to look after the house and dog
and 俺の妹
ur right i haven't watched it yet i'll do that in the morning but looks good.

also i found an eva unit 1 hoodie but it was limited edition and now its gone i'm pissed was so cool looking

Vts

Smash Champion
Why am I so terrible at melee?
Cus your looking at what ur doing wrong and not trying to improve it.

if you get hit ask urself why did i get hit/grabbed
1. they spaces better than me or i miss spaced
2. messed up my tech skill (missed waveland, no l-cancel, no ledge cancel).
3. they read your moves or caught on to your play style.

then during ur games u'll start to adapt better like that pikachu player at gamecon prelims he was a very smart player.

wish he would pick up the game he would be so good.

j00t

Smash Champion

then during ur games u'll start to adapt better like that pikachu player at gamecon prelims he was a very smart player.

I wish I got answers like this

Whenever I ask Chad what I'm doing wrong he's just like "figure it out yourself"

>:[

granted when I do figure it out myself it's much more satisfying, but meh

Vts

Smash Champion

Whenever I ask Chad what I'm doing wrong he's just like "figure it out yourself"

well some people give up when ever they don't get help or they just say they can't get better.

so i'm willing to share what i know, not what i can do but what i know.

so i can tell you how to beat any character with any but doing so is harder said then done.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
well some people give up when ever they don't get help or they just say they can't get better.

so i'm willing to share what i know, not what i can do but what i know.

so i can tell you how to beat any character with any but doing so is harder said then done.
Vts giving advice... XD its like the blind leading the blind.

Sorry <3 its just that vice isn't here to knock me donw a peg, so I am as of now on a rampage. Wa ha

-Chad-

Slackerator

bull ****ing **** joot.

The advice that vts is saying is the same **** I've been saying for a long time now.

And how in the hell is that any different from figuring out yourself!? It's the same!

vts said:

The "advice" you wish I could give is STILL self reflection.

Sorry if I'm sounding mean but I've tried to help you so much but you're usually in too pissy a mood to listen to it because you're losing and too blind to try to change.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
All I have to say is:

Make your own play style, don't copy others.

Stop thinking about winning. (May or may not work, I got better after I stopped caring)

Don't play unless you are having FUN. (You learn more by having fun instead of focusing on stupid little mistakes.)

chamberlin

Smash Ace
All I have to say is:

Make your own play style, don't copy others.

Stop thinking about winning. (May or may not work, I got better after I stopped caring)

Don't play unless you are having FUN. (You learn more by having fun instead of focusing on stupid little mistakes.)
Make your own playstyle, but feel free to learn from others and take whatever you like from other people's playstyles and add to your own. Don't think you're too good to learn from what others have already done.

I completely disagree with this "Stop trying to win, only play for fun" stuff. While this is a way for people to cope with losing, it doesn't seem like it pays off as much in the long run. Instead I would offer the philosophy of "Always try to win, but don't be a sore loser". Just keep losing, no johns, and eventually you will improve. Feel free to celebrate every small victory, such as learning new tactics, getting closer to victory, and the matches you do win.

*edit* Also, I have a ton of fun trying to win. It's not like a chore or anything. It's very rewarding.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
playing for fun means doing whatever brings the most enjoyment at the time. usually, the unspoken and unthought gameplan is to win because it's conditioned as default mode. the ostensible point is to have fun though, so play to win can fall secondary to the greater goal. I don't think that's a bad thing.

the two aren't dichotomous. you may always have fun in pursuit of the win, but it's not a healthy mindset for others like myself and will.

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
step 1 find a tier list
step 2 find videos of japanese tournaments with your top tier character being played
step 3 copy them
step 4 practice until you can do the technical things near flawlessly
step 5 don't be a moron, aka mindgames

or

bring a doll of your character to tournaments and you automatically murder all of your opponents

or

simply be iori

or

suck

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Make your own playstyle, but feel free to learn from others and take whatever you like from other people's playstyles and add to your own. Don't think you're too good to learn from what others have already done.

I completely disagree with this "Stop trying to win, only play for fun" stuff. While this is a way for people to cope with losing, it doesn't seem like it pays off as much in the long run. Instead I would offer the philosophy of "Always try to win, but don't be a sore loser". Just keep losing, no johns, and eventually you will improve. Feel free to celebrate every small victory, such as learning new tactics, getting closer to victory, and the matches you do win.

*edit* Also, I have a ton of fun trying to win. It's not like a chore or anything. It's very rewarding.
While I don't entirely agree with your opinions, I can't discredit what works for you.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Vts giving advice... XD its like the blind leading the blind.

Sorry <3 its just that vice isn't here to knock me donw a peg, so I am as of now on a rampage. Wa ha
Lemme get out my peg knocking mallet =p

lol but Iori speaks alot of the truth. Being Iori is a natural advantage.

And VTS, you give sound advice. It just makes me sad that instead of dwelling upon this in times of difficulty, you often turn to comments about how your controller is malfunctioning. If you take your own advice, I'm sure you'd be beasty.

Arby and Chams are both right. I guess people play the game for different reasons, Chams being more winning based, and Arby's being more subjective to his likings. Either way, both of you guys are awesome at the game.

And as far as improvements go, I keep the game very simple. For me, and I've talked to Chad about this once. It's like this. I try my very best to not get hit, and to hit them. Beyond that I couldn't tell you very much about the game. I try to trick, outspace, or whatever it takes to avoid taking damage, and precede to give it.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
chamber and I play for the same reason. "play for fun" is just a generic umbrella deal. trying to win and improving are always fun to him, while I have to find other diversions to stay positive.

I didn't disagree with his mentality or playstyle, but with the implication that it's the best path for everyone.

Vts

Smash Champion
And VTS, you give sound advice. It just makes me sad that instead of dwelling upon this in times of difficulty, you often turn to comments about how your controller is malfunctioning. If you take your own advice, I'm sure you'd be beasty.
all i read was stop johning and get better scrub :D

also arby want to play melee/eat/ make my trailer lol

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213

hes good but not better than me.

he used to be able to beat my c.falcon(he cant now)

the only way he can beat my fox/falco is with the "pika pancake"

(sorry for my Johns)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I may wanna come play tonighttttttttt.

Are we doing something? I could probably come but it'd be later than probably 9 before I would be able.

Vts

Smash Champion
you havent played him so you dont know how he uses it
rofl a pikachu main for like 3+ years i have a good idea that chad knows what he is talking about.

also being the best pikachu player for a while before axe was amazing.

memphis is like AZ they have ******** mains :D

<3 miss you chad, i want to tickle fight u again
all homo

also gg 10=4th lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I can't cuz imma be studying for a nursing exam. However, Saberguy! When was that weekend you wanted to do something in J-Boro? Cuz I wanted to come to it since its ur birthday thing!

Top Bottom