• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I won't be around my place too much this weekend, but I definitely got an extra bed if u wanna sleep in it. Me and Clay are both super busy this weekend and won't be much company, so only choose us if no one else offers bro. But I do wanna see you if possible :D
It's true. Our apartment won't be the best place, unless you're cool with us not being there.. lol. As for this weekend, it's going to be packed for me between Gamecon and other things. I may end up being in and out of Gamecon a lot, I'm not sure.

I'm all up for Melee tonight. Me and Vice's setups are at Ace's and Seif's at the moment, and we don't have a copy of Smash. So, somebody else needs to host... lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
It's true. Our apartment won't be the best place, unless you're cool with us not being there.. lol. As for this weekend, it's going to be packed for me between Gamecon and other things. I may end up being in and out of Gamecon a lot, I'm not sure.

I'm all up for Melee tonight. Me and Vice's setups are at Ace's and Seif's at the moment, and we don't have a copy of Smash. So, somebody else needs to host... lol
Also I have a class tonight starting at about 6:00 pm. I'm thinking of picking up judo, so I go to extra classes to learn. it's free for me, so I figure what's the harm, ya know?

Sooo if anyone wants to smash with me til then please let me know, I'm all down for it :D

Vts

Smash Champion
Also I have a class tonight starting at about 6:00 pm. I'm thinking of picking up judo, so I go to extra classes to learn. it's free for me, so I figure what's the harm, ya know?

Sooo if anyone wants to smash with me til then please let me know, I'm all down for it :D
meh, i might just go bro out with seif instead and play blazblue since i don't stand a chance of winning melee :D <insert johns>

then again blazblue i can just learn the combos by myself but with friends its so much better.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
meh, i might just go bro out with seif instead and play blazblue since i don't stand a chance of winning melee :D <insert johns>

then again blazblue i can just learn the combos by myself but with friends its so much better.
Honestly, I haven't played melee in forever, and you're better than ever. So I'm pretty sure you'd beat me. Between nursing school, martial arts classes, and working out; melee just has trouble finding time to fit in.

I still enjoy it though when I can, so I'll play cuz it's fun to me :D

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Honestly, I haven't played melee in forever, and you're better than ever. So I'm pretty sure you'd beat me. Between nursing school, martial arts classes, and working out; melee just has trouble finding time to fit in.

I still enjoy it though when I can, so I'll play cuz it's fun to me :D
:ohwell: I've joined the crusade for a smash-less life. Where yall aaaat

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Comments/Criticisms time. Yay!

I apparently try to predict things 100 years in to the future using a mix of old and new tactics, which either makes me look ******** because I end up swinging at air or makes my opponent look ******** because he's getting hit by basic stuff. The kind of stuff that terrible combo vids are made of lol.

VTS is terrible

Ace is a lot like me, using a mix of old and new tactics, except much more reactive. His tech skill is all clean looking, and definitely much prettier to watch than myself lol. He varies between all aggro with Falco or falcon (rarely Fox), or gay with Marth.

Gvice has a super-sexy playstyle full of aerials and flashy wavelands and platforming and bating people in to doing stuff. He pretty much actually plays like he does in his combo vid, except he doesn't win all the time in RL lol. <3

Arby is one of the most inconsistent players ever... lol He either has amazing perfect timing and tech skill or decides to as he puts it "uncontrollably sandbagging". The opposite of me, he almost always plays to learn and never to win.

Yoshiman's playstyle is still under heavy construction, so no comment lol

Ok VTS isn't terrible... He's become like a mini-wobbles, using a lot of the same tactics. He plays Ice Climbers, so, naturally, a gay playstyle is how he roles.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Comments/Criticisms time. Yay!

I apparently try to predict things 100 years in to the future using a mix of old and new tactics, which either makes me look ******** because I end up swinging at air or makes my opponent look ******** because he's getting hit by basic stuff. The kind of stuff that terrible combo vids are made of lol.

VTS is terrible

Ace is a lot like me, using a mix of old and new tactics, except much more reactive. His tech skill is all clean looking, and definitely much prettier to watch than myself lol. He varies between all aggro with Falco or falcon (rarely Fox), or gay with Marth.

Gvice has a super-sexy playstyle full of aerials and flashy wavelands and platforming and bating people in to doing stuff. He pretty much actually plays like he does in his combo vid, except he doesn't win all the time in RL lol. <3

Arby is one of the most inconsistent players ever... lol He either has amazing perfect timing and tech skill or decides to as he puts it "uncontrollably sandbagging". The opposite of me, he almost always plays to learn and never to win.

Yoshiman's playstyle is still under heavy construction, so no comment lol

Ok VTS isn't terrible... He's become like a mini-wobbles, using a lot of the same tactics. He plays Ice Climbers, so, naturally, a gay playstyle is how he roles.
I'm having more and more trouble winning these days. It used to kind of happen, but you guys are definitely finding ways to put old Ganon in his place. Either I gotta try harder, or you guys gotta stop getting better. One or the other.

Vts

Smash Champion
VTS is terrible

no i'm bad. i see a lot of things that i do that can be punished and bad habits as well as not doing what IC mains should do. kill out of grabs or get a ton of %.

i'll be a mini wobbles when i can hand off and win tournaments :D

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
These matches are boring, and I hate them very much

Iori did you really quit smash? I'm all about a life of less smash but I'm not smash-less...

:(
I just like to find better more fun things to do. :ohwell: So I guess kinda

G. Vice

Smash Lord
These matches are boring, and I hate them very much

I just like to find better more fun things to do. :ohwell: So I guess kinda
Oh I understand there's more fun things to do, but I definitely do enjoy it still. Iori, you were getting so, so good though. It's a shame man :'(

AR_ACE

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys I can't host since I am on vacation in Colorado and won't be back until after Gamecon... Goodluck to everyone and can't wait to get back and play everyone....

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Me neither, at least according to IHSB.

Hope yall boys are ready to see some Quake ownage this weekend.
I'm really ready to see some Saberguy this weekend. I hope my plans allow for me to get to see you at least one night man!

Also, Jack...dare I say it...MM? 5 dollars?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Playing poorly is frustrating. Uncontrollable sandbag mode is my way of sidestepping this issue. I'd much rather always play well, because I know how boring I am when I'm not serious.

Chamber, you're too cautious on your follow ups. Test your limits! Otherwise, let the haters hate. The only person I don't enjoy watching in the state is Raven Knight. Everyone else has something interesting to share.

Yoshiman is a lot like you in that his focus is calling people on questionable decisions. His stated goal is to make his opponent look ********. However, he's severely limited by experience, both human and in-game. I expect much in the long run if he can evict Sir Johnsalot for good.

j00t

Smash Champion
Arby I'm still salty from FAP. Come to FAP2 so we can MM again. And be serious this time >_>;

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Definitly making this a money match. Joot is the going to own your estate.:ohwell:
as long as I still know what gender I am, he can have it.

your trash talk should be banned under the geneva convention :dizzy:

Then I'll put you in my side of the bracket and we can play in tournament >:[
just bring it

p.s. too much is attributed to individual sets. they only decide who was playing better for that duration, all johns aside. I have never stopped thinking you're better than me. preeetty obvious.

Sunday!?! Will yet another Arkansas tournament not see the Gerudo Vice? Maybe Chamberlin too. :(

j00t

Smash Champion
as long as I still know what gender I am, he can have it.

your trash talk should be banned under the geneva convention :dizzy:

just bring it

p.s. too much is attributed to individual sets. they only decide who was playing better for that duration, all johns aside. I have never stopped thinking you're better than me. preeetty obvious.

Sunday!?! Will yet another Arkansas tournament not see the Gerudo Vice? Maybe Chamberlin too. :(
It isn't about who's better

I just want to play you when we are both at our best (I wasn't at my best in the tournament set, you weren't at your best in the MM)

MM's make me play harder, so... yeah

I just want something to be on the line so we can both duke it out

s'all I'm sayin' yo HOMIE...

what

G. Vice

Smash Lord

I just want to play you when we are both at our best (I wasn't at my best in the tournament set, you weren't at your best in the MM)

MM's make me play harder, so... yeah

I just want something to be on the line so we can both duke it out

s'all I'm sayin' yo HOMIE...

what
j00t I wanna play you too :(

I haven't played you since Pizza INN! And we've yet to have our Gdub vs Ganon matches :D

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I completely agree. I misunderstood the salt.

Edit: In other news, I report great success! I've convinced Shonenma-- I mean, Yoshiman, to watch Haruhi and then resurrect Lucky Star from the dropped list. What wonders will I work next.

Vts

Smash Champion

Edit: In other news, I report great success! I've convinced Shonenma-- I mean, Yoshiman, to watch Haruhi and then resurrect Lucky Star from the dropped list. What wonders will I work next.
make me as good as wobbles!!! do it!!

right now!!!

better yet make me better!!!

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice

+10 good taste for Haruhi, - 12 for Lucky Star...

At this point, you'll never win the House Cup.

Top Bottom