• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
hey Arby can you tell me what you have with your dazzle so it wont lag?

(i.e. which dazzle, what connectors, etc...)

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Reposting this BlazBlue info from the guy running it:
http://arfgn.challonge.com/tournament/signup/cj7mpys8xw

ARFGN Presents: Redneck Ranbats 2.1

Game: BlazBlue Continuum Shift
Date: 9/19/10 2:00pm

Entry Fee: $5.00

Rules:
1. All preliminary rounds will be best 2 of 3 games. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals will be best 3 of 5 games.
2. Unlimited characters aren’t allowed.
3. DLC Characters (Mu-12, Makoto Nanaya, Valkenhayn Van Hellsing, and Platina the Trinity) will be legal as soon as they are available.
4. Be prepared to play your matches as soon as they come up. We run a fast tournament, so don’t go wandering off.
And some info on the ranbats pot splits:
Yeah starting next Sunday we'll be doing weekly tournies on Sunday. $5 buy in, $3 goes into the daily pot, $2 goes into the season pot. The pots are split 70/20/10 and the season lasts 6 weeks long.

Kinda a lot of info, but this is how it breaks down:
If we have 10 people next Sunday, that's $50 total ($5 * 10 people). $3 from each person ($30 total) goes into the daily pot which will be split 70/20/10 (so first place gets $21 , 2nd places gets $6, and third place gets $3). The other $20 goes into the season pot. After 6 weeks, let's assume there's 10 people each week, that makes $120 into the season pot (6 * $20). The people with the most points at the end of the season (basically the guys who gets the highest average place each week) will split the pot 70/20/10 so 1st gets $84, 2nd gets $24, and third gets $12.

Hope that makes sense.

Also, you don't have to do the tournament if you go; you're certainly welcome just to do casuals for free.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
hey Arby can you tell me what you have with your dazzle so it wont lag?

(i.e. which dazzle, what connectors, etc...)
DVC 100
Three y-adapters (each has 1 male end and 2 female ends): http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech4less/DX-AD102?mv_pc=AID=WID001347
male-male composite cable: http://www.b2btrade.biz/images2/img482900a5e8b05.jpg

plug the male end of each y-adapter into the dazzle, then connect yellow, white, and red from both the game system and male-male cable to the adapters. match the colors (both yellows go into the adapter plugged into yellow on the dazzle). other end of composite cable goes to tv input. if you have tv output, you can just connect the tv and dazzle via composite cable (with gamecube going to input), but you're probably not so fortunate. I broke output on my tv :(

edit: if you have any issues (dropped frames, apparent lag), put a fan on your computer. I made this mistake last weekend and lost most of the footage. another option is lowering your recording quality (like the bitrate).

my history of rock teacher's coverage of the beatles is terrible! RAGE

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
DVC 100
Three y-adapters (each has 1 male end and 2 female ends): http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech4less/DX-AD102?mv_pc=AID=WID001347
male-male composite cable: http://www.b2btrade.biz/images2/img482900a5e8b05.jpg

plug the male end of each y-adapter into the dazzle, then connect yellow, white, and red from both the game system and male-male cable to the adapters. match the colors (both yellows go into the adapter plugged into yellow on the dazzle). other end of composite cable goes to tv input. if you have tv output, you can just connect the tv and dazzle via composite cable (with gamecube going to input), but you're probably not so fortunate. I broke output on my tv :(

edit: if you have any issues (dropped frames, apparent lag), put a fan on your computer. I made this mistake last weekend and lost most of the footage. another option is lowering your recording quality (like the bitrate).

my history of rock teacher's coverage of the beatles is terrible! RAGE

Ok which Dazzle do you have?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Okay. So I was talking with Arby tonight about this. Veets, Yoshi, Arby: Would you guys be interested in starting to workout? I have enough free time here and there I should be able to spot, motivate, and give all the tips you guys might need to get started. But it's a great thing to do with friends, helps get you in shape, and gives a sense of self-satisfaction that smash simply can't satiate. If you guys are interested, let me know. I'd love to be the Personal Trainer or whatever of the group. I'm currently on physical therapy for my shoulder, but once I get done with this, I'm hitting the weights harder than ever before. In 6 months, I should be a completely new man!

You boys down?

Vts

Smash Champion
Okay. So I was talking with Arby tonight about this. Veets, Yoshi, Arby: Would you guys be interested in starting to workout? I have enough free time here and there I should be able to spot, motivate, and give all the tips you guys might need to get started. But it's a great thing to do with friends, helps get you in shape, and gives a sense of self-satisfaction that smash simply can't satiate. If you guys are interested, let me know. I'd love to be the Personal Trainer or whatever of the group. I'm currently on physical therapy for my shoulder, but once I get done with this, I'm hitting the weights harder than ever before. In 6 months, I should be a completely new man!

You boys down?
I'll be working at on base in a few weeks once we get this house done with all the moving and stuff.

thanks for the offer but already have other work out buddies.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America

You boys down?
I'm all for it. I was all about working out and eating right before college, but it's hard to keep those habits when your by yourself. I don't know if we can get arby to do it. He's all self-conscious about working out in front of other people.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm all for it. I was all about working out and eating right before college, but it's hard to keep those habits when your by yourself. I don't know if we can get arby to do it. He's all self-conscious about working out in front of other people.
We'll try to talk him into it. I'd love to come up there and see you boys getting some weight going on. Also, Yoshi I should be able to come get you and take you to walmart sometime soon. Arby was telling me how you needed to go.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Face wouldn't be so fat if you worked out... :p You know you wanna

Also... Can I join you guys? I mean if it turns out that I can with whatever scheduling you have. Even though Vice didn't ask me (because he hates me)
No, I didn't ask you because you already work out! lol

Also because you no longer have free access to the UALR Gym :/

but if you wanted to pay to go up there then by all means dude jump in. I'll still be primarily be working out with Zach and Zach, but I want to get these guys involved.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
No, I didn't ask you because you already work out! lol

Also because you no longer have free access to the UALR Gym :/

but if you wanted to pay to go up there then by all means dude jump in. I'll still be primarily be working out with Zach and Zach, but I want to get these guys involved.

So there is an original zach and a doppelganger zach. :ohwell: What about zach bell, is he the same one. Will he compete in mamodo battles?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So there is an original zach and a doppelganger zach. :ohwell: What about zach bell, is he the same one. Will he compete in mamodo battles?

Well there's two Zach's in my life. There's my brother, Zach Redmon. Then there's my best friend, Zachariah Jones, who is called Zach. I either call him Jones, or Blackariah to distinguish between the two of them.

Top Bottom