• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Vts

Smash Champion

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
It's the Seinfeld of anime in the sense that it's a show about nothing. You just follow the characters around each episode and watch the regular events they go through that day.

The main difference is the target audience.

Vts

Smash Champion
ok, come over when ever vts. Arby's asleep so it will probably just be me and you.
Can't make it today thought today was friday :S

arby i'll bring the TV sunday

edit- wow gravity is out of my skill range right now i'll have to learn it once i've played for longer period of time but learning another cool song before i try again at it.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
lucky star is great

you have to SUSPEND DISBELIEF

if yoshiman ever starts to complain about it, don't let him. he watched ten minutes and dropped it.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, hope you remember me. Me and Mike ran the ARK tourney a few weeks ago. Anyway, I've been talking to the guys at Conway Gaming Center about hosting Friday Night Fights again. They've come through for us! I don't know if anybody's been here to post it, but I've been keeping the SRK community pretty up to date on what's going on. Sorry I haven't given y'all a heads up.

Anyway, here's the deal:

Conway Gaming Center Friday Night Fights!
Starts May 7!
Time: Starts at 6PM!
Info: The entry fee is just $5 per night. We play a double-elimination style tournament each week on Xbox 360. We have 2 copies of each game we will be playing, and should soon have a array of controllers for you to use besides the standard Xbox controllers. If you would like to bring your own controllers, please feel free! Entry into the tournament includes: 1 drink + 2 slices of pizza + all the casuals you would like to play 'til close once the tournament is over!
Weekly cash prizes to winner with 2 bucks going to food and 3 bucks in the pot. We're not looking to make money off this. We just want people playing!
We have a rotation of games as follows:
Week 1: BlazBlue
Week 2: Marvel vs Capcom 2
Week 3: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL
Week 4: Super Street Fighter IV
Week 5 (When necessary): Player's Choice

Today starts with BlazBlue. I have no idea how to play, but as one of the leaders of ARFGN (Arkansas Fighting Game Network), I'll be there to support the scene and throw some money in the pot. I don't know if any of you play BlazBlue, but if you do (or even if you just want to support the scene!) please come out and have some fun! It's basically $5 with some pizza/drinks/ and the chance to hang out with some of the other gamers in the community. Up to you guys though. Two weeks from now is when they'll be hosting their Brawl tourney.

I talked to them about possibly hosting ran-bats. I'm not sure if the term is used in the Smash Community, but as I understand it, it's basically a series of tournaments that people earn points in to give an ultimate ranking list (at the end of said tournaments). There's usually some process where people put a little bit of money into the pot and at the end of the series of tournies, the people with the highest points split the pot accordingly. It's kinda a practice used to promote activity within the community. Anyway, if you guys are interested, just show up or let me know. I should be there later today. Hope you guys have fun and if you don't make it out tonight, maybe you'll be there in two weeks?

Thanks guys.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Can we bring setups and play melee with the locals that show up?
If you're talking about the Conway Gaming Center thing, I'm sure you'd be able to, but I'm not running it so I don't know that for a fact. Would you like me to ask today?

Vts

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC8JTAchvqc

its soo pretty must learn....

working so hard learning these songs i've put more time into piano in the past 2 weeks then i have almost anything else beside melee and its close behind so in a matter of weeks i should have the song i'm learning right now done then i can learn this one or learn both at the same time :)

also i've started learning how to read music or attempt to.

edit- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIk8u_mIcWE this song reminds me of something, kind of a crazy little town with death and some hot twins

Top Bottom