• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You Scared To Die?

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
i'm not afried to die
though i thank my dad for giving me this to think about when i was 10,
so yeah i'm not afriad to diey though it well be sad seeing those you loved suffering for losing you (this is for every one) so yeah

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
im not afraid to die ... but im also an athiest soooooo that makes me kinda scary to some people ...

but i just live out my life as happy as i can be without the burdens of pleasing the invisible man in the sky ^_^

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Most of you who said you aren't affraid of death are lying. You aren't above human nature, and haven't conquered the natural fear of death. The only people who don't worry about death are people who have no concept of it (*******) and super religous freaks who assure themselves they have earned a spot in the afterlife.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
You aren't above human nature, and haven't conquered the natural fear of death. The only people who don't worry about death are people who have no concept of it (*******) and super religous freaks who assure themselves they have earned a spot in the afterlife.
Nah.. I don't think I'm a ******, and I surely know I'm not a bit religious...

But death is a part of life, and there's nothing I can do to prevent dying.
If there's nothing to do, then there's really no reason to fear... It's not like fearing death will make it not come.

Don't know if anyone thinks the same way, but that's how I think.

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Nah.. I don't think I'm a ******, and I surely know I'm not a bit religious...

But death is a part of life, and there's nothing I can do to prevent dying.
If there's nothing to do, then there's really no reason to fear... It's not like fearing death will make it not come.

Don't know if anyone thinks the same way, but that's how I think.
Anyone can say that. Just because you can rationalize death doesn't mean you conquered your fear of dying.

That's like trying to tell me "I don't care what anybody thinks of me."

See anybody can say that, in fact people have said it. The truth is, everybody cares what others think, and everybody is affraid of dying...I'm not saying we are all walking around constantly quivering at the thought of death but there's at least one point during everybody's lives, where you are unsettled with the idea of yourself dying.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
"If there is nothing to do, then there's really no reason to fear..."?

If there is no way for me to cure myself of a fatal disease, then I have no reason to be afraid of when I'll die?

If I realize I am cornered by a murderer and I know that in about five minutes I will be dead, there's no reason to have fear?

That logic does not work. Death is the one thing that is completely and totally unknown to the living. All we know is that once you die you're not coming back to life. Does your mind live on? Does something happen afterward? Do you just completely vanish for eternity? These are things that people have been asking forever and will continue to ask until life no longer exists because it is unknown and everything living fears the inevitable, yet unknown parts of death, in at least one point of their life once the concept of death and fear mesh together.

Jin Kazama

Smash Rookie
Yea, I'm scared to die.
The most horrible for me would be to sufficate (of the normal death causes, not ones that give you excruciating pain) or burning alive <_<.

I'm just glad that my dead isn't near.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think Id be scared of drowning (lol my teacher says that if you want to suicide you should try the 'ol roman method XD), suffering excruciating torture (slow but painful), or getting shot by something like lets say a shotgun right to the head. I mean I know I wouldnt even feel it but I really dont want people to see my brains splattered on teh floor :p

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm afraid more of how my family would react to my death. Life sucks when the one's you love close to you die because everything becomes so different without their presence. Would my absense make things bad emotionally for them as they live on is what I wonder when I think about death.

I have faith in an afterlife so I don't worry about that too much; as long as I'm accepted in it though.

I also fear horrible deaths such as drowning, being blown up and many other possible ways.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know, the concept of death doesnt bother me as much as what will happen AFTER I die. I would at least like to have a glimpse of the people WHO REALLY cared about me. Seeing them morn and what not. Then I could really rest in peace

k/mh

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm not afraid of dieing or death itself, it's more like I'm disappointed because of what I'm going to miss.
Now, perhaps I will be able to do so, but that's the problem...I don't know! xD

About drowning, I think that's the form of dieing I fear most of all, especially when I read the chapter in Dan Brown's "Meteor", where that researcher drowns in that hole with icy water...

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'm psyched about dying. It's going to be awesome. I get to finally go home. But until then I'm just trying to help as many other people get there as I can.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm not. I don't see why you'd be "scared." Unless you're scared of how you're going to die, because that's different.

For example: I'm scared of getting shot, but I'm not scared of dying.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Very much so. I love every aspect of lilfe. I love how my hands are numb from the cold right now. I love the feeling of rain on my face. I love the feeling I got when I feel down my stairs. I simply love knowing that I am alive, that I exist. Death is the end of all that, and for this I am scared.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow proverbs I didnt know you were that much of religious person... as for I if heaven did exist (Im not saying I dont believe in God) I really dont think Id deserve to be in it. I feel like Ive sinned to much... and yes Im that self critical. To the point where I feel like Ive done nothing to gain access to the promised land really.

Maybe Id be scared to die from a blast from a canon or something in war.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I've learned that when my time comes, it comes.

Besides, I do not wish to die sick. If sickness will prove to be my undoing, I will die by my own hand.

By-Tor

Smash Cadet
"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime.

I never said I was frightened of dying."

PS I did not make that up, even though that would have been cool

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Even if you're a religous person I don't see how you could be "psyched" about dying. Or how home would be a place you've never been.

But I'm crazy so just ignore me. :D

pikafire87

Smash Rookie
Well, scared to die... i dont think there is a person on this earth who isnt scared to die in a certain way....quick and painless (ya know, like 0-1 min instant death) not many people are scared of that. but long and painful, of course unless you love the pain ...weird!

so im not scared of dying quick and painlessly, but i am scared of dying long and painfully.

L__

Smash Master
Also, I realized that the only time I begin thinking about this is closer to the later hours in the day, maybe it's just me. :\

sammy p

Smash Lord
honestly i do believe that EVERYONE has to be somewhat afraid of passing on!
i mean, doesnt everyone have that kind of fear about what is waiting for you on the other side?

i find that absolutely TERRIFYING!!!!

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
I am not frightened of dying. Why should I be? There's no reason for it, you gotta go sometime
Not even if you knew you were going to be sacrificed by some religious cult and dismembered bit by bit for the sake of their ritual? You got some balls dude in not being afraid to die.

The Joker: "Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?"

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Everyone is afraid to die. Those who deny it lie and are actually the most afraid. It's basic human instinct, the will to live. This is the reason why nobody can drown on purpose, or choke themselves.
Just so people actually read this, and understand that people like to BS themselves into things like not being afraid of death.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Only thing I would hate to die is what makes me me. REally I,m a neat person I can do things I shouldn't be able to do I shouldn't be able to see what's beautiful. I am amazing now that I think about it. I can't believe some of the things I have done and why. If I dies tomorrow I would say S*** I kindof wanted to do more.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Death is not scary in the slightest. Fear of death is for wussies. It's the day that you finally get to rest forever, as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom