• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you good at anything else?

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Basically this is the thread for posting your achievements/interests in other gaming related areas. If there is enough interest in one particular topic a thread will most likely be made.

Lets see haar:

DDR:
I know a few people around Aus play this, I haven't really met any other smashers who have graduated ddr and moved on i.e 12+ steps (harder than FelmO/FaxxO/PlutoR). DDR X recently came to brissy and seems alright, the best fetaure imo is to make the backgrounds darker and the introduction of the 2.5x speed mod. The harder songs havent been unlocked yet but theres still the old sn1/2 songs like fascinatoion mix's and pluto's.

If anyone is wondering if they have what it takes to move up you can test yourself on our home made edits <3 Just head to funhouse in the myer centre.

As far as songs I've passed, I've passed all official ddr songs except pluto relinquish oni. Some others include:
Dokudenpa
Determinator
Euphoria
Beyond Abilities (Hard)
Strangeprogram (matts edit)
Vertex Beta (0.9 speed, without jumps)
Fascination Eternal Love Mix Oni (imo the hardest of all ddr songs)
Fascination MaXX Oni

cant think of anymore atm..

I also play a bit of tekken 6 maining alisa/christie and Jin on the side, but only when others I know are playing.

Always up for a bit of 360 action with halo2or3 or wars or cod4 or anything rly.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Umm, I'm fairly good at Diidy Kong Racing64 and have some really good hover hovercraft times that are in the top 5 of the world.
Apart from that I'm not that good at any other video games.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Meh being top 5 in the world at something is always fun. I remember unlocking t.t when i was about 11-12 and then never playing the game again XD I've never really gone for records at anything, just generally being good at something, like being in the best halo team or passing the hardest ddr song (VERTEX BETA WTF). Although one of my mates bought sonic 2 on my 360 and we spent a day going for the 18second world record 1st stage and we both got it within about 2 hours x] AND I'D NEVER EVEN PLAYED IT BEFORE WTF!!!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
well me and atticus just got picked up by exile 5 (sponsored gaming team) for team fortress 2, we are currently the 3rd or 4th best tf2 team in oceana

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I ran a guild on neopets that had over 2000 members when i was around 13 =D
I's name was 'The Ultimate Final Fantasy Fighting Guild' lol (Until I got hacked)
That has to be the most epic gaming related achievement for me

I LAG

Smash Lord
ZAC VS ME AT TEKKEN 6

I use Leo/Asuka

And am really bad

How can i be good at anything else if i wasnt good to begin with! :p

Well i guess if i was honest im ok at King of fighters and 007 night fire
i love 007 nightfire that has to be one of my favourite shooting games. i also like tekken i use asuka and eddy and sometimes devil jin

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Writing fiction.

Uh, nothing outstanding or worth writing about really (gaming related).

The only disappointment I have in DDR X is the lack of the song 'R3'.
But nobody cares about that song anyway </3

I'm good at a lot of different 2d fighting games, or I like to think I am, Street Fighter = Guile/Remy/Charlie character archetype, Tekken = Anna.

Used to be pretty good at DotA when a group of us really got into it. It's such a fun game if you're good at it.

Been trying to get a lot better at Left 4 Dead lately.
Also I'm a bit better at Pokemon Puzzle League, but I'm still nowhere near Gords/Amaterasu/Kas

EDIT:

Oh wait, I play Pokemon competitively as well. Pokemon is the only game other than Smash that I've played competitively against other people.

Jupz

Smash Master
Mario Kart Wii - numerous time trials in the top 10 continental

Metroid Prime Hunters DS - best in my state and in the top 10 in the country

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
I reckon we should all have play DoTA together one day...

Then again maybe not.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Street Fighter 4. Midnight Tune 3. Initial D Arcade ver 3/4. Final Fantasy 7 lol.

unreon

Smash Ace
Whoa Vyse and I are twins. I used to Pokemans too. Until the DS ones at least.

Since when did Scizor overtake Skarmory as the new defensive? What the hell?

Anyways, nothing really of note here either. I tend to enjoy the single player experience side of gaming moreso than spending hundreds of hours on the one game. But I used to be pretty wicked at F Zero X. Too bad GX was too much for me =(

I'm also fantastic at Tetris DS. Whoa.

Trying to get ace at Mirror's Edge timetrials, which is a FANTAAAASTIC game and everyone needs to buy four copies. I'll get into it once study is over sadly T_T

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Since when did Scizor overtake Skarmory as the new defensive? What the hell?
Scizor shall no longer be used for being defensive, come platinum version, I predict everyone will want the adamant Technician, choice banded, Bullet Punch variant.... it's so broken. >.<

I semi-regularly play pokemon competitively too in case some people couldn't interpret that from the above jibberish.

I'm also really good at the Pikmin games, in numerous ways.

Vermy

Smash Champion
@Meteor Master: Dusknoir is where its at. TANK. With different elemental punches and a solid atk stat it can be used VERY defensively or make a decent stall while still dealing damage. Also as a ghost type, immune to most of what is strong against steel types.

MY POKEMANS. LET ME SHOW YOU THEM.

I too played Pokemon competitively. Was rly gud. I did ridiculous amounts of EV training for pearl and diamond. Can't wait for platinum.

My pokemanz brings all teh nerds to the yard,
And I'm like mines better than yours,
**** right, mines better than yours,
And I'll beat you with mah Charizard. <3

*goes off to make pokemans thread* =D

Also, played a little dota back in the day, was fail at it.
Rly gud at Digimon World DS Series.
Solid at Soul Calibur 2. I don't like 3 and 4 very much.
And average at the Street Fighter series.
I fail at all FPS or 3PS games.
Especially Halolz and CoD.

TEH END!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
PC or 360?

I'm good at teaching :)

....even though I still have to do 3 more years of uni :urg:
PC, if you've got it for PC I'll send you my steam name and we can play and be best friends :)

@Pokemon: Since I've been playing Shoddy alot, I know a bit about the Platinum Metagame, which is seen by a lot of people as a real imbalance to the 4th gen metagame. It's like the Brawl Metagame, honestly. Scizor is like Snake, retardedly powerful.

Meteor is right, Scizor as a physical sweeper is almost staple. To beat Scizor you need Scarfed Heatran which is like MK because the only way to (safely) beat it is with another Heatran.

Salamence is like Diddy.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I guess I might as well throw it out there:

Did ANYONE ever like the Timeplsitters series? And if so, did ANYONE find Timesplitters 2 to be the best game evar?

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure about that? Free Radical went bankrupt halfway through december last year.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I back up Jason on him being fantastic at Tetris!
____

As for me...

- Bleach 2nd DS
- Chess (but I suck now lol) Chess isn't a video game.
- Hexic (lol)
- Jump Ultimate Stars* (anyone play? ;D I just got back into it!)
- King of Fighters (I'm okay at it. But I prefer Street Fighter)
- Pokemon (Diamond & Pearl metagame, don't play anymore though)
- Puyo Puyo
- Street Fighter (EX 2 Plus, MvSF, Alpha 3, and MvC2 (although I'm terrible at MvC2 now)*

* - I hope there are some people here who play Jump, since quite a fair bit of Smashers have DS handhelds and since they also like Smash.

* - Don't know how I used to play MvC2 lol, I used to use either: Jill/Cable/Captain Commando, Sentinel/Cable/Cpt. Commando, or Spiral/Cable/Captain Commando

Probably left some stuff out but most likely they're just other versions of Street Fighter or other fighting games.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I have Jump Ultimate Stars! SO COMPLETELY UNBALANCED.
Myself and 2 other Smashers had a free for all over wireless at our last tourney. =3

Twas fun.

Why does everyone hate Sasuke? =(

Bjay

Smash Lord
I have Jump Ultimate Stars! SO COMPLETELY UNBALANCED.
Myself and 2 other Smashers had a free for all over wireless at our last tourney. =3

Twas fun.

Why does everyone hate Sasuke? =(
Yay finally someone! :D Yeah it's got a lot of broken stuff. I ban certain komas when I play with others.

I don't like Sasuke in the series (at least at this point in time), however I do like him in Jump, so I use him quite a bit. ^^

Vermy

Smash Champion
Lebron James = win.

I like Sasuke. He's a REAL jerk. There aren't enough villains like him and Pein. Orochimaru was a sissygirl, Zabuza was a pedo, and most of the others sucked too. Sasuke has enough of a backstory that you genuinely hate him, but can understand why he's a baddie.
That's why I like him.

Plus he has chidori and a sword and fiyah.
My fav deck in Jump atm consists of Sasuke, Lenalee and Gohan/Yusuke.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
I have a world record in a mario party 4 mini game.....
well its tied with 21 others but it's still a record.

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Eh, I don't like Sauske. Mostly after what happened in the manga with his brother. Itachi was cool until that as well.
Now Pain (Pein, I prefer to spell it like the word), he's a bad guy you can appreciate. And Hidan and Kakuzu were pretty cool blokes.
But hey, why like a bad guy when you can love Kakashi. Best ninja there is.

Yeah, Lebron is pretty much a god. He's leaving the Cav's though, so I dunno what'll happen to them without him.
Still, go Boston!

Hmm, gaming...
In terms of actual achievements in gaming, I don't have any. But that doesn't mean I'm not good at some games. :p

I'm pretty good at Left 4 Dead. Me and 3 mates are entering a compettive ladder (why we waited until year 12 to play competitive video games I'll never know) so that should test us.
I'm alright at TF2 as well.
I consider myself a god at all Zelda games. Played most of 'em many times, and there is no better gaming series.

unreon

Smash Ace
Dino you're going to have to elaborate.

Mario is better than Zelda. As much as I love Zelda, Mario is the AAA+ game, Zelda is the AAA.

ich hasse basketball, but that's against the rules of the thread which specify gaming. Otherwise I'm okay at real fighting ._.

Top Bottom