• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
not gonna lie, thats kinda ****ed up what happened to the 64 guys after reading the past 2-3 pages.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
although it is the grimiest thing of all time, i agree with elliot. I dont understand why 64 still didnt happen. Its such a small event, making a bracket would take like 5-10 minutes

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I agree the tourney would have been easy to run. About half of the people who were intending to enter left just after they got word that the organizer wasn't going to show. A number of them also didn't frequent smashboards, and that kind of stuff happening doesn't leave a good impression of the community for them.

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much gio f'ed it up. Maybe if we got more more word of what was going on we coulda set up with no problem

:phone:

Skyson

Smash Ace
I don't even know. We had two setups and 10ish people from what I saw. We could have organized something with even a piece of paper and a hat to throw names into.

I played friendlies and left but definitely felt bad. I had fun with the people that were there. 64 is too good.

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
so cuz gio didnt come you alll got depressed? idk I would have stood up and said 'we didn't need him, let's just run it ourselves' next time you know what to do. Gio's ride bailed is whut I heard. But still sucks ;l
lol not me but yup that pretty much sums it up. Next one will be in e.lansing and there will b a tourney no matter what o.O doubles too lol

Trail Jr.

Smash Rookie
All you nerds got off easy at this one. You all are lucky I had pizza in my eye and the sun all over my hands.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There's a reason I brought in someone else to organize the Smash 64 tourney -- I had too much on my plate to run it myself and I don't have enough knowledge about that game to make TOing decisions for it in the event of any disputes. The Smash 64 tourney was Gio's event, and nobody else had an obligation to clean up his mess after he didn't show up. I'll take some of the blame for not bringing in a reliable TO in the first place, but I was exhausted by the end of the evening, so I definitely could not have run Smash 64 myself.

On a positive note, here's the SWEET IX results thread!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332852

The next one will be in Ann Arbor again, not in East Lansing (nobody stepped up to secure a venue at MSU). See you guys on February 9th!

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
There's a reason I brought in someone else to organize the Smash 64 tourney -- I had too much on my plate to run it myself and I don't have enough knowledge about that game to make TOing decisions for it in the event of any disputes. The Smash 64 tourney was Gio's event, and nobody else had an obligation to clean up his mess after he didn't show up. I'll take some of the blame for not bringing in a reliable TO in the first place, but I was exhausted by the end of the evening, so I definitely could not have run Smash 64 myself.

On a positive note, here's the SWEET IX results thread!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332852

The next one will be in Ann Arbor again, not in East Lansing (nobody stepped up to secure a venue at MSU). See you guys on February 9th!
another one in 2 weeks? gonna have to make this one :smirk:

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
I think Kelly will do well! He does better when playing opponents at or above his level IMO. It's when he plays opponents below his level, no offense to SilentSwag lol, that he can get nervous (because he's "supposed" to win) and give away opportunities.
No johns.

Stabbed took $10 off that *****.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
kelly ain't a *****.

we're johnin for him bc it's true. or he's just extremely inconsistent, against players below his perceived "skill level."

kelly's the homie, just has to work on ****** harder. too bad I'm gonna take some $ off him next tourny tho.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Just put up some basic details for SWEET X. It'll be happening on February 9th here in Ann Arbor, same venue. This time we're running Melee and Brawl -- it's the first dual game Michigan local we've had in awhile, so make sure to come out for one or both games!

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I will bring a Melee and a Brawl setup. (No TV though)

I'm not sure if I will have the time to record Brawl replays though.

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring a setup again if we can get the ball rolling
sounds like a plan. i will be bringing mine. we will have it this time even theres only 10 people lol. i would also like to try to do doubles as well. no breaks just go from doubles to singles since it will be most likely be a small crowd for 64

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
sounds like a plan. i will be bringing mine. we will have it this time even theres only 10 people lol. i would also like to try to do doubles as well. no breaks just go from doubles to singles since it will be most likely be a small crowd for 64
alright sounds good, I'll bring a laptop to run the bracket. (or a hat for random doubles partners and random bracket placement)

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
alright sounds good, I'll bring a laptop to run the bracket. (or a hat for random doubles partners and random bracket placement)
yea just random double partners for people that dont have partners or whatever. i went to a halo 4 tourney at walmart where they did that. it sucked. but i do have that day off! so will be there with a setup.

juggleguy can u tag 64 to this event?

Top Bottom