• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

R3N0

Smash Lord
HBK = 17? really? after you called me and i told you not to suck?

god damn. the kid will definitely have to come to the next one.

i had work johns :'(
sadface.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
This tournament was awesome! Totally worth the 3 hour drive. You guys are really good, I dunno who to give shoutouts to but I had some great games especially in teams

:phone:

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
This was effing insane. I'm finally starting to step it up. Now I just have to work on consistency. Good matches everyone. Tristate is effin hilarious. Mad good times.

And in case people didn't hear - bias... n*ggas is mad bias lol.

Joke of the tourney: Nandepot

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
^Good set bro you def went in on me.

Now where's that bracket image? I'M TIGHT!
Def a tight set. It looked like I caught you off guard or something when I made the switch to sheik. Gave me a comfortable enough lead/momentum that let me ride out the set. It's cool though, you got it together and ran through loser to better placement anyway. We def need to get some friendlies in next time.

Perhaps it's time for me to set gannon aside permaently in singles :c

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Niko I probly shouldve went falco on DK64 or just have picked no such a ****ty stage and played falco or perhaps marth ditto'd. I dun think shiek was a good idea in retrospect. So like I've lost to you twice in a row now....fox or no fox I am beating you and from there you won't beat me again. Kind of like how I have G$ and Nando's number

Please upload the bracket image?

Great tournament. Shoutouts would take too long.

GG's to everyone.
Jman/Swift, I'm not gonna goof next time (^.^) GG's.
yea max you totally had me. I just get lucky.

this whole not fox thing is tough. but thx zhu for giving me confidence in my falco

thx mike for teaming with me.

lol VanZ washed up? good stuff jaden

Side Note:
I do think regardless of who is going to show up or not that it is in good practice to start earlier. I understand that at one time in Melee back then it was literally G$'s car, my car and Deathknights car showing up to these(10-13man) every two weeks. Those days are over and I do feel bad for the OOS guys who felt jipped with seeding and the lower level guys who were hoping on pools. I mean I try to appease them before myself at the tourneys in CT and its just a shame that we had some ppl drop and go home due to time and I guess feeling cheated. I mean I am fine with whatever because I am relatively "good" at this game and will do ok in bracket etc etc and am used to no johns starting all late n stuff, but I mean it sucks for the OOS who confirmed thier attendance well in advance. Thats kind of my only gripe which really is just general concern.

Niko45

Smash Master
Niko I probly shouldve went falco on DK64 or just have picked no such a ****ty stage and played falco or perhaps marth ditto'd. I dun think shiek was a good idea in retrospect. So like I've lost to you twice in a row now....fox or no fox I am beating you and from there you won't beat me again. Kind of like how I have G$ and Nando's number
Damn you sound mad salty. Aight I'll be ready. I'm not about to get cocky. Just warning you tho, we stay in the lab in NY, you should come down and check it out sometime (like seriously, come play with us :)).

Side Note:
I do think regardless of who is going to show up or not that it is in good practice to start earlier. I understand that at one time in Melee back then it was literally G$'s car, my car and Deathknights car showing up to these(10-13man) every two weeks. Those days are over and I do feel bad for the OOS guys who felt jipped with seeding and the lower level guys who were hoping on pools. I mean I try to appease them before myself at the tourneys in CT and its just a shame that we had some ppl drop and go home due to time and I guess feeling cheated. I mean I am fine with whatever because I am relatively "good" at this game and will do ok in bracket etc etc and am used to no johns starting all late n stuff, but I mean it sucks for the OOS who confirmed thier attendance well in advance. Thats kind of my only gripe which really is just general concern.
Completely agree. I think it's not just Brian's fault or anything tho collectively we need to all try to get there earlier. I def take advantage of the late start sometimes but I agree we need to really step it up, especially when people are driving down from mad far away it's just not right.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Damn you sound mad salty. Aight I'll be ready. I'm not about to get cocky. Just warning you tho, we stay in the lab in NY, you should come down and check it out sometime (like seriously, come play with us :)).
HELL SALT!!! J/k that set was fun as hell and I liekd the hype at the end. I shouldve stayed zelda and tried to make thelake proud. Oh yeah, Im coming for you now. good stuff. I cant play shiek against you. that fear of the marth mains isnt apparent with you so I can't get into a groove

Niko45

Smash Master
Dude Zelda almost did it...I'd have been tight.

What was weird/unexpected adv about that Cp was the pit in the middle ****ed up your fairs on my shield and they seemed to be too high and I could shield grab them. Jank *** stage.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Good games everyone! Seems like Melee just isn't my thing anymore, but it's always great to hang out with smashers and to see the community still going strong. Really glad I made it to this even after such nightmare trips to and from the venue

:phone:

$mike

Smash Ace
This was an amazing tournament. So hype. Really glad I decided to come and stay for singles. GGz to everyone I played in bracket.

Shoutouts to my boys from Mass for stopping in CT to pick me up and being the truest.

Niko those friendlies we had before singles were probably what got me back into swing after not playing competitively for a while. I was looking disturbingly rusty before that point. Looking forward to (hopefully) stopping by PC's in the near future. :oneeye:

Alukard

Smash Hero

yea max you totally had me. I just get lucky.

this whole not fox thing is tough. but thx zhu for giving me confidence in my falco

thx mike for teaming with me.

lol VanZ washed up? good stuff jaden

Side Note:
***** just pick fox and work on the MU ... dead *** that character can win anything!!!
probably just need some confidence swift ^_^

also ... RESULTS!!!!!! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13146031#post13146031

Max?

Smash Champion
@ Swift, you didn't get lucky at all. I just enjoy throwing away game 1 wins and throwing away stock leads when it counts. Same thing happened vs. Jman, I shouldn't have dropped that. The games were still hype as **** and I had a great time, so I'm not salty at all. Just another learning experience, I'm gona come back stronger next time.

See you all in BK.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
i dun get it
I think he is saying i'd be taking the easy way out by switching to sheik full time. It's more manly to earn wins with Gannon and that line of thinking.

While it is awesome to be considered a gannon main - the truth is it's becoming less of a truth as time goes by. The heck - even in a match up that was once sooo comfortable for my gannon like marth it didn't work. I still use him frequently in teams. Just I am using him far less in singles. It is what it is.

Alukard

Smash Hero
so the next no johns is on september 3rd!!! I hope we get just as many people confirmed nice and early for this ... so that i can have things fixed up alot better for us ^_^

also macD is showing up !!! hype ?

Top Bottom