• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Alukard

Smash Hero
You guys coming to aftershock to lose in Melee and Super Street fighter 4?
doubt it ... no one except g$ and eggm drive that far and he said he is only taking off for this no johns

We should totally seed this with pools, just like the good old days of Bailey's tournaments haha
if we get 35-40 singles entrants then yea i'll do pools if not i rather not .... and EWWWWWW to the last statement ... YUCK!

That'd...be awesome. Yeah, I know for a fact I have nothing to do that weekend (Alex is going to TX T_T) so I'm making this happen.
GO GO GO GO!

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Maybe we can get more than 7 teams......MDZ u did a mass madness last no johns and now again =( let's stick together

Nintendude

Smash Hero
if we get 35-40 singles entrants then yea i'll do pools if not i rather not .... and EWWWWWW to the last statement ... YUCK!
How come? Pools help expand the community because pools give worse players more of an incentive to come, because they'll get a guaranteed bunch of matches instead of just immediately in the bracket. It also removes bias from seeding and in general is just more fun because you play more people. AZ wrote something huge awhile back on why pools are so good to use in local tournaments but I can't find it at the moment.

When Bailey ran stuff at ToyWiz we'd get like 25 people and divide that into 5 pools. It'd finish surprisingly quickly and singles would always finish well ahead of time because he started stuff right at the official starting time for the tournament rather than waiting for people who were late.

I don't want to seem pushy - it's your tournament and you should do what you want with it. I just don't see any reason to not do pools unless there's like no setups or something.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Have you been to No Johns? :p
well i start late cuz i like waiting for maximum attendance ... but my tournies go faster then light LOL... also theres tons of friendlies and stuff after ... back in w2z we would have to mm for 5$ to play vs bum and others without having to worry about them sandbagging LOL

i have..

good times

<3
yo! ... when are u going to show up son me and hazz are waiting for u to do drinking MM's again LOL... u never hit me back! >_>

Alukard

Smash Hero
showing up to this in business attire.

t webb i dun have that controller anymore. I may bring my TV.
LETs ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Alukard
2.Tec0
3.just sexed
4.codi
5.nintendude1189
6.Roman
7.Roman 1
8.Roman 2
9.Roman 3
10.Roman 4
11. OTG
12.PC jona
13.Chopz
14.G$
15.D1
16.G$ 1
17.G$ 2
18.Twebb
19.Ky
20.Sol
21.Phish-it
22.Bino
23.Niko
24.Clouds
25.clouds 1
26.coulds 2
27.coulds 3
28.Prog
29.Prog 1
30.Prog 2
31.Prog 3
32.Prog 4
33.tipman
34.smashjin
35.gso
36.honeybadger
37.animal
38.left
39.Swift

SWIFT ARE U PLANNING ON BRINGING PEEPS!?!?! ... get spawn ... lets doooooo thisssss

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
This looks good. Hmmm. I'll see what I can do about revamping my work schedule.

Cia

das kwl
1.Alukard
2.Tec0
3.just sexed
4.codi
5.nintendude1189
6.Roman
7.Roman 1
8.Roman 2
9.Roman 3
10.Roman 4
11. OTG
12.PC jona
13.Chopz
14.G$
15.D1
16.G$ 1
17.G$ 2
18.Twebb
19.Ky
20.Sol
21.Phish-it
22.Bino
23.Niko
24.Clouds
25.clouds 1
26.coulds 2
27.coulds 3
28.Prog
29.Prog 1
30.Prog 2
31.Prog 3
32.Prog 4
33.tipman
34.smashjin
35.gso
36.honeybadger
37.animal
38.left
wow.. i guess i'm going too

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Nando r u coming if so bring redfox if u could i got his controller.....if he can't make it I can give it to u right?????

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
wait ... u really dont know ... and u really want me to tell u ... NO ****ING JOHNS! LMFAOOOO WOW
If its June 5th I might come if my cousin can't get more tickets for the graduation C8
Besides that how the hell is that a John, I'm asking for the date. A John would of been "I can't go cuz I don't know the date nor time". I'm actually not making a excuse ¬_¬

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
If its June 5th I might come if my cousin can't get more tickets for the graduation C8
Besides that how the hell is that a John, I'm asking for the date. A John would of been "I can't go cuz I don't know the date nor time". I'm actually not making a excuse ¬_¬
NO ****ing Johns son!!!!!!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
Sucks the one No Johns where mad people are attending I won't be able to go =(
Quit for ****ing flying to FL ***** ... are even going for free ?! Lol ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO MAKE MY TOURNEY IN JUNE MADDDDDDDD BEAST! DONT WORRY THE ONE IN JULY IS RUMORED TO BE MINI ROM ... SO HOPEFULLY U DONT ... WASTE MORE MONEY GOING TO FLORIDA WHEN THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH IS IN NYC ... GOD I'VE GROWN TO LOVE NY <3333

OMFG ... SON ... I WAS SAYING "ARE U REALLY ASKING FOR THE DATE WHEN ITS CLEARLY IN THE TITLE AS ITS ALWAYS BEEN FOR THE SAKE OF NOOBS WHO COME AND ASK I THINK IN THE 2 YEARS OF HOSTING LOCALS I'VE BEEN ASKED LIKE LESS THEN 10 TIMES ABOUT DATES LLOLOLOLOL

ALSO I WAS SAYING NO JOHNS TO NOT KNOWING ONCE U FIGURE IT OUT AND POST LIKE UR STILL UNSURE EVEN THO U KNOW UR FEELING DUNCEsparce ABOUT NOT READING B4 ASKING LOLOLOL ... SO NO ****ING JOHNS SON!

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
OMFG ... SON ... I WAS SAYING "ARE U REALLY ASKING FOR THE DATE WHEN ITS CLEARLY IN THE TITLE AS ITS ALWAYS BEEN FOR THE SAKE OF NOOBS WHO COME AND ASK I THINK IN THE 2 YEARS OF HOSTING LOCALS I'VE BEEN ASKED LIKE LESS THEN 10 TIMES ABOUT DATES LLOLOLOLOL

ALSO I WAS SAYING NO JOHNS TO NOT KNOWING ONCE U FIGURE IT OUT AND POST LIKE UR STILL UNSURE EVEN THO U KNOW UR FEELING DUNCEsparce ABOUT NOT READING B4 ASKING LOLOLOL ... SO NO ****ING JOHNS SON!
I thought it was a previous date from 09 or sum ****, and of course Imma noob cuz I haven't even been here for a year yet, so I'm new to diss ****. Besides that why search through ****ing 523 pages when I can ask. How you think I got to this ****ing thread, of course I had to read the **** title, I was unsure about the date. Even so DOES IT HURT ASK? ****......

Alukard

Smash Hero
I thought it was a previous date from 09 or sum ****, and of course Imma noob cuz I haven't even been here for a year yet, so I'm new to diss ****. Besides that why search through ****ing 523 pages when I can ask. How you think I got to this ****ing thread, of course I had to read the **** title, I was unsure about the date. Even so DOES IT HURT ASK? ****......
yea it does hurt ...

i could keep this going ... but i'm in a good mood LOLOL ... so yea .. just show up ... the title will always tell the date ... also the last few pages of the thread usually the most recent two pages

LLDL

Smash Hero
i'm tired of being non-ranked. i think i'll come win this one alu. Need to get known before i win apex rom 3 genesis 2 pound 5 and oc4.

Top Bottom