• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17th, 2014 - Somerset, NJ - Registration is up! $5,000+ in Prizes

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah at evo every slot in the bracket after bracket pools was pre-determined

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Not sure if any were added but i just booked one yesterday and they told me to tell anyone else who may be going that there are still some spots on te apex block left.

Hotel just added 10-15 more rooms. Get them now. If they are not there...reserve them and email me at apex.series@gmail.com so I can change them manually.

.....well I don't think reseeding is going to be a thing, at least it wasn't at evo

I can clarify this.

First as to why we are doing the Evo style. As a group we all decided this would help to schedule things better for not just us but for everyone. We set it up so that people know ahead of time what time to show up and be able to have a lot of time to be able to hang out and enjoy the event as a whole. You can do a lot of things outside of tournament matches where you can go to the artist alley to find one of a kind trinkets, play casual games ( DDR Machine, old school, etc ) enter various free contests through-out the day and even play friendlies with anyone you want.

Now why do this? It helps move things along quickly but also add to the experience.

Also for the format it is 100% Evo Style. Schedule will be up tonight.

If you guys have questions you can always e-mail me at apex.series@gmail.com

Sorry for not being on this site enough.

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
So I've never been to a Smash Bros tournament before and just heard about this. Sounds really fun and i'd love to go. Do I have to have gone to these qualifier tournaments before hand though? Or could I just register and participate as is. New to all this. Thanks

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So I've never been to a Smash Bros tournament before and just heard about this. Sounds really fun and i'd love to go. Do I have to have gone to these qualifier tournaments before hand though? Or could I just register and participate as is. New to all this. Thanks
Qualifiers get you better seeding or something. You can just register and show up, no problem.

You'll have some very tough competition, though, considering this is a national. Good luck!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero

Hey youre from MI, me too. I'm pretty sure people from MI are going so if you're interested in learning about carpooling then post in the MI threads! (or join the michigan smash facebook group, let me know if you need links to the threads/group)

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
Hey youre from MI, me too. I'm pretty sure people from MI are going so if you're interested in learning about carpooling then post in the MI threads! (or join the michigan smash facebook group, let me know if you need links to the threads/group)
Links please! And yeah, i've been looking for people to carpool with. Wasn't gonna plan anywhere to stay until I first found a ride.

PelorTBH

Smash Rookie
Anyone driving down from New York think I could carpool with them? I live in Los Angelos but I'll be flying in from EU (out there for holidays and quite a while visiting my mother) and wanted to see if I could save money by flying into New York instead of back to LA and out to New Jersey.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Hotel just added 10-15 more rooms. Get them now. If they are not there...reserve them and email me at apex.series@gmail.com so I can change them manually.
I just called to the Hotel and they told me I could get the rates of $99/n only for the night of the 16 and the night of 19. I have to pay normal rates of $119/n for the 15, 17 and 18. Are the rooms gone?? That's odd for the rates. They also told me the cutoff is January 4.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Yes Jan 4 is the cut off but if you order and get their normal rates I can change it to the 99/night rate

9V0lt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5472-6721-7480
I hope someone can answer this...

On the Apex website, it says Project M caps at 192, the total entrants available however, is as much as 256. Is this a first come first serve basis for this tournament or has the cap level been raised?

W.C.N

Smash Lord
The cap raise of pm to 256 is the last and final raise they can do so now it's essentially first come first serve, everyone has their warning and will be left out if they do not make the cut

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Could someone elaborate on this so called "new" pool system that is used at this Apex?

edit: ok I got it. damn =/

Top Bottom