• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Cant wait to see what the bracket looks like. Nintendude will it be posted after the 31st on here?

Also MMS i have so far
Battlecow
Han Solo
Banze
Sensei (MM your Link on DL for 5$ Best of 3?)
any more wanna MM? Best of 5 for 5$?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
If we can wrap up singles soon enough on Friday, who's down for having doubles on Friday as well? I'd be able to run it as long as it's on Friday. If it's on Saturday then somebody else has to probably. What do people care about more - USA vs. World 5v5 or a doubles tournament? The crew battle can always be pushed to Saturday anyway. It won't be on stage or anything so we can do it whenever we want.

Also, can people link me to any tournament results they are aware of besides Apex 2010, Apex 2012, Genesis 2, and Impulse?

btw we could also start doubles Friday and go until Brawl USA vs. World 10v10 is over (it starts at 10pm so it won't be done til at least 11:30), and then wrap it up Saturday either directly before or after singles top-4. I really want to be able to start doubles on Friday because last time, the tournament was very small because few people stuck around much longer after singles finished. It would be much easier to get
a great doubles tournament going if we start it when everyone is there.
Brawl USA vs. World? Try Midnight/12:30 at the earliest if it is 10v10

I'd prefer Crews btw, more fun to watch, would be great if it could be recorded regardless.

Battlecow

Play to Win
What isai gotta prove you still have it vs the Japanese.

Nintendude FC was 1. Me 2. Moogle 3. Han Solo 4. Knitephox 5. Rumbly

The champaign tourney was 1. Firo 2. Me 3. Miyagi 4. Han Solo 5. Rumbly with comboblaze and komotonoto at like 8 and 9

Han/kphox help the man out

:phone:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
What I really need is full results + brackets if available. I care more about who beat who not necessarily what place people got. Please PM it to me.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
all bout dem friendlies! Since I can only come for (basically) 1 day, I'm glad its a day when there won't be a tournament going on, either singles or doubles. Tourneys all cool, but it amounts to a fair amount of not playing, which is not great. I know kefit/jel are leaving on saturday, but are most of the other people staying?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
yup bringing two consoles that have cpu clock speed toggle switches(go from speeds 66%['just hold enter, i got this' speed], 100%['1v1' speed], 133%['2v2' speed], and 200%['why are you playing 4 links spamming bombs?' speed])

ONLY 4 MODES AVAILABLE, MUST SWITCH MODES WITH CONSOLE OFF, prolly wont let anyone touch switches unless i know they aren't ****heads

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
So apparently valoem claims to have tried to register this morning, but that it "didn't work for him," whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. Anyway, he's coming over later so hopefully we can straighten it out. Also, smash fest in new brunswick tonight, everyone's invited.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
ONLY 4 MODES AVAILABLE, MUST SWITCH MODES WITH CONSOLE OFF, prolly wont let anyone touch switches unless i know they aren't ****heads
Don't let me touch it, I'm a total ****head and don't want that responsibility. One of the first things I did at last year's apex was try to squeeze between 4 guys playing teams and the tv they were playing on (only option to get to where I was going, and they paused for me). I think the 4 guys were Isai, sensei, firo, kefit, and they were drawing a sizeable crowd. Of course as I go by my foot gets caught on a controller and almost pulls the console off the table. It was saved, but I got a couple of deathglares from everybody lol. Total ****head, don't let me touch things.

Oh and btw if we're doing a 5 v 5 crew battle, wouldn't it make sense to do NA vs world? There are 5 notable foreigns (3 japanese, 2 brazilian), and 5 clear top NA (isai boom jaime sensei kefit). I've always felt we are more regionalized by our server usage than by our country affiliation in n64. Not to mention World would rout USA and it wouldn't be very hype once that become obvious 3 or 4 games in. Not enough depth for USA.

Assuming Brazilians are as good as everyone seems to think they will be (and why is that again? Legitimately curious if we have any info other than "they are flying all this way so they must be good"), NA vs World would be much more epic that than USA vs world. Thoughts?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I do agree that Boom and Jaime are more closely affiliated with USA players than the other internationals. I say we just make that decision on the spot though, because right now we have no idea how good the internationals are compared to the NA players.

Tentative schedule I'm thinking of:
Friday night: ssb64 doubles until conclusion of Brawl USA vs. world
Saturday 11am: singles top-4, followed by any remaining doubles matches (hopefully not many)
Saturday 1:30: 5v5 crew battle

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Saturday when clubba arrives: Friendlies begin :)

Btw, nintendude are you in town the weekend of the 5th?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm going to MAGFest Saturday and Sunday. I can play Friday night though. Also depending on where you live I can swing by Saturday night maybe. MAGFest is at National Harbor.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You can easily find banze videos on youtube. Search banze + pikachu and there you have it.

I know it's hard to judge skill by videos. But if you could he looks just as good as any other Pika "main" North America has.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Not to mention World would rout USA and it wouldn't be very hype once that become obvious 3 or 4 games in. Not enough depth for USA.
Pretty sure it would be the other way around... as in, NA vs the World would have NA wrecking, while US vs the World could be really close. Isai/Sensei/Kefit/Nintendude/Firo

I think everyone would agree that the Canadians/Jaime are a part of the NA community. I just think US vs the World would be closer.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Based on the hype, it seems like we will have AT MOST 10 players who are SS or S tier:

isai
boom
jaime
Sensei
Kefit
3 japanese players
2 brazilian players

No offense to them, but Nintendude/Firo are A tier, not S tier. USA vs world would be 3 SS/S tier players and 2 A tier vs 7 SS/S tier players, with world getting their choice of which 5 to play.

This is assuming the japanese and brazilians are really good though. Japan we know is really good, and these are some of the top players. I dunno about the ness player but we know the other two japanese are the cream of the crop. If the Brazil community is anything like Peru, World vs NA seems pretty close to me. As nintendude said though, no way of knowing till they show up and sort it out.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I really doubt all 5 of the foreigners are "SS/S tier". IDK about Nangoku and the Brazilians. Peru had a really concentrated, dedicated community... while Brazil has a small community that suffers from activity problems. Or so I've been told by someone from Brazil. I think the chances are pretty high of them having 4 "SS/S tiers" and 1 A tier on the team, which would be a lot closer than having Boomfan and Isai on the same team... those 2 I am willing to bet are still a lot better than everyone else. NA vs the World would be 2 SS tiers and 3 S tiers, and 5 unknowns... who would have to match that to win. The World would have to be as good as possible (with players as good as Boomfan and Isai?)

M!nt

Smash Champion
Is sensei really that good? I played him once and he didnt seem S Tier. Or does he just play better on console?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I dunno...last year Sensei and I tied. I lost a game 5 last hit match to Jaime and iirc Sensei barely lost to Kefit, so I don't really see justification for having us in different tiers unless people think I'm still super rusty lol.

btw the only videos I can find of banze and oxolane are from at least 2 years ago. Do they have anything more recent?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Clubba is probably overrating a lot of players. Sensei rarely even plays anymore, I don't think S tier is correct for him. A tier is a much better fit.

In fact I wouldn't put any North American player in S tier or above aside from Jaime, Boom, and Isai.

The only other possible S tier players going are the Japanese IMO. And we just don't know with them.

It's all opinions though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Kinda doubt banze or nangoku are on Firo/sensei's level but I have no evidence. Tbh isai's pika could probably take like 15 stock and win it for Murica

Tldr do us vs world

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
I dunno...last year Sensei and I tied. I lost a game 5 last hit match to Jaime and iirc Sensei barely lost to Kefit, so I don't really see justification for having us in different tiers unless people think I'm still super rusty lol.
or people judge on more than 2 matches.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
was gonna make a semi long post, but then i realized its all theory and we're so close to the event i guess we'll just see what is what!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
The vids I saw of Nangoku were of him beating Prince's Yoshi 4-2 in a best of 7.

Based on that I'm pretty sure he's AT LEAST on par with our A tier lol.

I may be wrong but I've always thought the Japanese community overall played on a higher level than ours. Looks like we may be able to get some answers on that subject in a couple weeks.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
The vids I saw of Nangoku were of him beating Prince's Yoshi 4-2 in a best of 7.

Based on that I'm pretty sure he's AT LEAST on par with our A tier lol.

I may be wrong but I've always thought the Japanese community overall played on a higher level than ours. Looks like we may be able to get some answers on that subject in a couple weeks.
You're not wrong. In my experience, the "average" level in a Japanese server is at a much higher standard than the "average" level at Galaxy. In other words, their most average players would poop on most of Galaxy.

Top Bottom