• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayzor

Smash Rookie
ANYONE NEARBY HAVE I PLACE I CAN CRASH?????????????????????????????

I can give you like 20-30 bucks or order a whole bunch of pizza while I'm there, and drive you to the competition if you don't wanna waste your gas.

PLSPLSPLSPLSPLS I'm coming from 4 hours away and I really don't wanna drop like $80+ on a hotel room or sleep in my car.

????????????????

Renth

Smash Hero
I'm sure this has been answered a million times, I'm curious or if someone could link me to a detailed list

to what exactly "Bracket Pools" are?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The bracket pool format being used this year basically looks like: a 10 player bracket in which 6 players receive byes, with the final two in winners awarded "first seed" into the main bracket, and the final two in losers awarded "second seed" into the main bracket. Winners Finals and Losers Semis are not played out.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
theres really no reason any of us should be on the wifi of the venue. And most hotels have some sort of internet just have to check with your front desk
People from Canada, like me, need the wifi since our data charges are horrible OOC.

:phone:
THIS RIGHT HERE.

I was smart, and turned off my data usage so I could only use the wifi. Saved me a massive phone bill.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The bracket pool format being used this year basically looks like: a 10 player bracket in which 6 players receive byes, with the final two in winners awarded "first seed" into the main bracket, and the final two in losers awarded "second seed" into the main bracket. Winners Finals and Losers Semis are not played out.
ya i was under the impression they'd seed out to 4th seed (meaning WF and LS would be played out, but GF wouldn't)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yea with top 4 getting out there's no point to play out to any finals matches. Only necessary if top 2-3 get out.

Especially since some people would have 4 losses in tourney.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I really don't think the amount of losses matter in tourney until bracket. Especially compared to how we usually do pools at Nationals with top 4 or so getting out where people had up to 5 losses. In the smash community at least that is common and the type of bracket pools we are doing are done for a faster schedule to get into a 128 man bracket.

If we followed bracket pools of EVO strictly we wouldn't reset the bracket.

Edit: Some level of re-seeding is almost always done after pools or it would end up like SRT's bracket.

Djent

Smash Champion
How will the bracket reset work with the Apex seeding points? When you reset it, are 1st and 2nd seeds (Nairo and Ally, or M2K and Peepee) guaranteed to be on opposite sides of the bracket, assuming they don't lose? Will the 16th seed be playing the 1st seed the round before WQF (as is typical)? In other words, do the Apex seeding points predetermine large portions of the bracket (as I expected them to), or are seeded players still going to get floated around a lot?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I was saying someone could fight up through losers but... its fine. That just complicates things.

*reading Brawl Teams*

& Holy **** Junebug is GOING!!! & Rayku??? Chudat!!! Why aren't Chu & JUnebug teaming??? Well... Anti is going nvm... Mekos & DEHF??? TF??? No ESPY :'(

Top teams will be

I have no ****ing clue!!!

:sonic:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Doesn't matter all you have to worry about is not losing

Winning is all that matters

I noticed via Seeding points...

If top8 win out then

Winners semi's will be

*pause* Holy **** COlbol still plays! *unpause*

PP vs (Hbox/Armada)

vs

M2K vs Mango

Holy ****...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Look up SKTAR.... lol

You play a tourney up until WF & LSF

Then the Winner of Winner finals is 1st
Loser of WF is 2nd
Winner of LSF is 3rd
Loser of LSF is 4th

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Alex Strife, can you please post a route to get to Apex by only using local rodes coming from Long Island? I find highways to be really scary and would appreciate if I probably make it to Apex in one piece, as I would like to do well in this tournament. Please and thank you.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Look up SKTAR.... lol

You play a tourney up until WF & LSF

Then the Winner of Winner finals is 1st
Loser of WF is 2nd
Winner of LSF is 3rd
Loser of LSF is 4th

Except they posted and this isn't what they are doing.

You play up to WFs. Both guys in winners are 1st seeds.

You play up to LSF. Both guys in losers are 2nd seeds.

So it'll end with 64 1sts and 64 2nds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom