• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Brawl Top 12 discussion thread ALL ACTIVE PLAYERS HAVE BEEN INCONSISTENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
didn't that happen in 2010? why are people still using results from 2010 as an excuse.

EDIT: there are 2 Kurooi's in the first post and EL,Shu and both of them aren't going sadly =(

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
My predictions (Not sure about the order yet, but should be something like this):

1. Anti :metaknight:
2. 9B :popo:
3. Otori :metaknight:
4. Ally :metaknight::snake:
5. Nairo :metaknight:
5. M2K :metaknight:
7. Kakera :metaknight:
7. Rain :metaknight:
9. ESAM :pikachu2::popo:
9. Mikeneko :marth:
9. ADHD :diddy:
9. Vinnie :popo:

E: Btw. I'm predicting ONE european on 13th, but not any higher. Maybe even no Europeans at all in Top 16 :(

Tesh

Smash Hero
Too much credit given to 9B and M2K there imo. ADHD and Zero come on.

Did you really mean that or did you just want to throw up a bunch of masks?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I see no Zero in his list.
If he wanted to put metal masks there, he could've replaced either Mikeneko or ADHD with him.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
As I said, I'm not finally decided on the order yet...

9B is teh ****. As long as he doesnt run into ICs Dittos he will get veeeeeery far. He is extremely solid vs. MKs, and there will be a lot of MKs! Not sure which MK could beat him, if any. More like a Snake or Diddy may beat him, but I dont think so either. He doesnt choke as much as Vinnie, even though Vinnie godlike too, but 9B is just more consistent in every aspect.

M2K... well it depends a lot on how well he plays at that day, he has the potential to get either first. The fact, that there are MANY top MKs, will help him a lot, since its his best MU.

Zero will lose against some non-MK, for example a Diddy Kong main (ADHD) or ESAM. He might as well lose against some MK. He just has not the experience that the other players have, to compete in such a big tournament. He is great though, wont deny that.

Mikeneko is a wildcard. I think he will do pretty well, as he plays a very solid Marth, not as aggro as Ramin/leon, more like a waiting/guessing game. This will throw of many people. But he will sooner or later lose against some MK, but he will also beat 1-2 MKs I think.

Why so many MKs? The other character will sooner or later lose vs. some MKs, only 9B and other MKs can possibly stay very long in the bracket before finally losing to an(other) MK.

An MK or 9B will win.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Soooo... U dont think ESAM, ADHD or DEHF stand a chance??
Sure, they do, but they will sooner or later lose against some MK, of which there will be a lot of at APEX.

We all know, an ESAM, ADHD or DEHF can beat ANY MK. But do you really think they will be able to beat MULTIPLE MKs in a row?

I think, only other MKs will be able to do that.

And other than ESAM/ADHD, DEHF also could run into Pikachus/ICs which he will most likely not beat. Thats why I didnt include him in my Top 12. He also lost to Leon, dont forget that.

DEHF will get far though, especially if he gets a "lucky" bracket (Lucky in the sense of 'good bracket for him', there wont be an easy bracket for anyone... too many good players), that could be quiK and salem in a row for example, a match-up that is extremely hard for ZSS and good for falco (Even though falco can still lose it).

A lot of stuff will be very bracket-depending, which makes it even harder to predict a Top 12. Thats why I also have Anti as #1. Because he doesnt choke in any match-up or vs. any player style. He just plays extremely solid. Same for 9B. I dont see 9B losing to many players, beside the top 8. The others in the Top 8 have more people to fear, which they could potentially lose to.

The most consistent player will win. Or the one with a very lucky/good day... which could be almost everyone that is a Top 12 candidate. Except the Snake Players. Snake won't win. Ally will only be able to win, if doesnt go Snake only.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sure, they do, but they will sooner or later lose against some MK, of which there will be a lot of at APEX.

We all know, an ESAM, ADHD or DEHF can beat ANY MK. But do you really think they will be able to beat MULTIPLE MKs in a row?

I think, only other MKs will be able to do that.

And other than ESAM/ADHD, DEHF also could run into Pikachus/ICs which he will most likely not beat. Thats why I didnt include him in my Top 12. He also lost to Leon, dont forget that.

DEHF will get far though, especially if he gets a "lucky" bracket (Lucky in the sense of 'good bracket for him', there wont be an easy bracket for anyone... too many good players), that could be quiK and salem in a row for example, a match-up that is extremely hard for ZSS and good for falco (Even though falco can still lose it).

A lot of stuff will be very bracket-depending, which makes it even harder to predict a Top 12. Thats why I also have Anti as #1. Because he doesnt choke in any match-up or vs. any player style. He just plays extremely solid. Same for 9B. I dont see 9B losing to many players, beside the top 8. The others in the Top 8 have more people to fear, which they could potentially lose to.

The most consistent player will win. Or the one with a very lucky/good day... which could be almost everyone that is a Top 12 candidate. Except the Snake Players. Snake won't win. Ally will only be able to win, if doesnt go Snake only.
Well yea, its undeniable that there are more top level MKs attending than top level olis/ics/snake/diddy combined, which makes it far less likely that each mk will run into their personal weaknesses when compared to the certainty of these guys coming up against many MKs. Even if you assume someone like Zero or M2K will struggle with obscure matchups at high level, they are more likely to run into the ditto where they excel.

Some random ICs/Pika will not beat DEHF at this. Only way I see ICs coming up as a problem would be someone like Vinnie or ESAM who would beat his secondaries or maybe someone like NAKAT, who might be able to force him off of Falco and then beat his MK or whatever. But who knows what DEHF has cooking, WC is shrouded in mystery.

Don't count out Razer either. I don't think he will win it, but he could definitely take down people like Vinnie, ADHD or top MKs and make loser's bracket a nightmare for someone.

This is why i dont like the idea of reseeding bracket pools. The entire bracket might as well be seeded from the start and let the chips fall where they may.

kismet2

Smash Ace
larry has gotten alot better lol i can tell from his more recent vids. i wouldn't be surprised if he made top 3. everyone's been stepping up their game so anything can happen.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
WC better watch out for those low tiers.

Marth going to get 17th place again. :yawn:

Ryo for 25th.

This tournament is going to ****.

zmx

Smash Lord
In that picture, the guy with the facemask in the back, is that Otori? Otherwise I don't see him. Also I count 10 people in that picture (not including Anti obviously) but I heard someone say 14 players are coming in total.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Otori and Kakera are the ones wearing the facemasks (Otori in the back at the left, Kakera on the right)
I guess Kakera got glasses. Or maybe that's somebody else. But the one on the left is definitely Otori.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I think that the payers that dont use MK have the bigger advantage. Its easier to pay the same character over n over.

:sonic:

:phone:

zmx

Smash Lord
It depends on the person. Some people like Zero clearly are worse against top non-MK players than top MK players due to MU inexperience.

But that doesn't apply to everyone.

JTsm

Smash Master
Shoutouts to Xyro77. :denzel:

1. Rain :metaknight:
2. Ally :metaknight:
4. Nairo :metaknight:
5. Anti :metaknight:
7. Zero :metaknight:
9. UltimateRazer :snake:
9. 9B :popo:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to Xyro77. :denzel:

9. UltimateRazer :snake:
9. 9B :popo:
I think you mean:

9. Dojo :metaknight:
9. Tyrant :metaknight:
9. Tamasayo (or whatever his name is) :metaknight:
9. FOW :ness2: :metaknight:

JTsm

Smash Master
Top 8 just shows it takes all the moneys.

The rest don't matter. :denzel:

Tesh

Smash Hero
^That will be hard to stomach, but even though I think MK will take most of the top 8, I do expect some other things to slip by, even if its just Ally using secondaries for a game or two.

Tesh

Smash Hero
bah, it wont be so bad. I think melee showed us last time that sometimes character diversity blows.

high level play is exciting regardless. as long as GF isnt down to JP vs JP again ill watch just to see which region is knocked out first

obviously EU didnt bring enough MK... so probably them

zmx

Smash Lord
Who are the 4 heroes? I'm assuming you mean the best non-MK players?

Ally doesn't count because he uses MK mostly now. Esam? He uses Icys which can be the most boring matchup to watch in the game depending on how the opponent plays. Unless you like seeing multiple timeouts with not much happening.

ADHD I guess has a pretty decent chance of making top 8. DEHF? Not so much. Not if he runs into one of the three top Icys players again imo. Or obscure matchups he doesn't know.

MikeNeko? He's a player I'm not sure if he's just that amazing to get so far with Marth, or he just knows his region way too well like Rain. So I'm skeptical on how he'll do.

zmx

Smash Lord
Hmm I forgot about the Japanese Snake that is attending. I guess there's a chance but I don't believe he's on Ally's level and like I said, Ally probably isn't going to go Snake the most.

Which is a shame because he's probably the only person that could make top 8 going all Snake unless he runs into Olimars or Esam.

ADHD is the only Diddy I can see making top 8. Didn't Gnes quit or something?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Hmm I forgot about the Japanese Snake that is attending. I guess there's a chance but I don't believe he's on Ally's level and like I said, Ally probably isn't going to go Snake the most.

Which is a shame because he's probably the only person that could make top 8 going all Snake unless he runs into Olimars or Esam.

ADHD is the only Diddy I can see making top 8. Didn't Gnes quit or something?
Gnes quit Diddy a while back and used Toon Link and Metaknight before quitting completely after WHOBO where he did use Diddy and Toon Link.

ADHD is all we have left, I don't see Zinoto and P1 filling that void any time soon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think melee showed us last time that sometimes character diversity blows.
This. Watching characters that lack options is boring. If any of the top MK dittos we'll likely see is going to be only half as exciting as Otori vs Nairo was last year then I'm all for having a good bunch of MK players coming out at the top.

:059:

JTsm

Smash Master
IMO, if I see all top 8 MKs I might just quit the game and go to melee. Lol.

It's just my preference.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom