• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Brawl Top 12 discussion thread ALL ACTIVE PLAYERS HAVE BEEN INCONSISTENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djent

Smash Champion
Predictions:

1) Ally :randombrawl:
2) Rain :metaknightbrawl:
3) 9B :icsbrawl:
4) Anti :metaknightbrawl:
5) Nairo :metaknightbrawl:
5) ESAM :pikachubrawl: :icsbrawl:
7) Otori :metaknightbrawl:
7) Vennie :icsbrawl: :gwbrawl:
9) ADHD :diddybrawl:
9) Mikeneko :marthbrawl:
9) DEHF :falcobrawl:
9) Kakera :metaknightbrawl:

This list felt impossible to make lolol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm generally fascinated when I watch melee because when I watch high level players I see loads of things I've never seen before, but last Apex was far worse than any top level match I'd seen in brawl. The best thing about MK dittos is that he really shuts down the ridiculously stupid things he could do to other characters. So there are worse things to watch than MK vs MK.

JTsm

Smash Master
I'm generally fascinated when I watch melee because when I watch high level players I see loads of things I've never seen before, but last Apex was far worse than any top level match I'd seen in brawl. The best thing about MK dittos is that he really shuts down the ridiculously stupid things he could do to other characters. So there are worse things to watch than MK vs MK.
Watching dittos all day are not really exciting.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well, not hoping for all day. The regional differences make it more exciting. Obviously I'm far less interested in M2K vs Nairo vs Anti than I am in Zero vs Otori vs Rain vs Ally etc. But lets not pretend that 9B vs Zero is going to be some amazingly entertaining spectacle that will keep us on the edge of our seats.

JTsm

Smash Master
I mean I can understand the regional difference like Zero and Otori going at it for a time, but in the end, it just gets dull sometimes.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, it does. But this isn't 2010. We aren't going to hear the that Diddy Kong wins a national and 2 sonics make top 8. I do hope some interesting character choices make it into the later spots because I do like watching MK vs various characters (not really ICs or olimar though) well enough, but I find it hard to imagine there wont me alot of MK dittos in the finals matches.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Regional Difference Sets are always the hypest sets.
Just like quiK vs Salem last weekend. No USA-only ZSS Ditto couldve been that hyped.
Or Vinnie / Rain. Or M2K / Brood. Ocean/M2K. Kakera/Esam. Etc.

I hope there will be a high regional difference in the Top 8, the more hype, the better :D

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Regional Difference Sets are always the hypest sets.
Just like quiK vs Salem last weekend. No USA-only ZSS Ditto couldve been that hyped.
Or Vinnie / Rain. Or M2K / Brood. Ocean/M2K. Kakera/Esam. Etc.

I hope there will be a high regional difference in the Top 8, the more hype, the better :D
That's beyond regional, more international lol. But I feel you!

Rajam

Smash Champion
From ZeRo's facebook:

"Ultima actualizacion pre-Apex

Collision fue un duro torneo para mi. Tuve que enfrentarme a lo mejor de lo mejor en Matchups que simplemente tengo 0 experiencia o conocimiento, llamese Olimar y Diddy Kong. Luego al siguiente dia en United, le gane a Apple -ICs-, Quiksilver -ZSS-, Vinnie 2-0 -IC's- y perdi con ADHD 3-0 en WF's. Luego le gane 3-0 a Vinnie en LF's, pero perdi con ADHD de nuevo en GF's, pero 3-1.

Me di cuenta que si juego como me gusta jugar, tomando cada oportunidad posible, y siendo, en general, confiado y agresivo, le gano a cualquiera. Asi es como he 3 stockeado a M2K, 9b, 2 stockado a Otori, Kakera, Rain, etc.

De momento estoy entrenando con los japoneses en un complejo de apartamentos cerca del Apex en New Jersey. Los japoneses se iban a quedar donde Vex en Philly, pero cuando el dueño del complejo los vio con sus maletas y todo, hecho a todas las personas del apartamente, incluyendome a mi y al Neko. Yo justo estaba lavando mi ropa cuando un viejo me GRITA en la cara 'GET OUT', y yo como 'Dejeme agarrar mis cosas, y me voy. Necesito mi ropa' y el tipo no entendia. Luego de que Vex lo calmo, procedi a irme en auto con Bloodcross, Mikeneko, Kairo y Abadango. El auto estaba lleno a reventar, y me tuve que ir adelante con una maleta de viaje encima, pero, todo por el Smash ♥!

Luego llegamos al complejo de InternetExplorer/Hermano de Keitaro, y procedi a jugar con todos los Japoneses. Que manera de mejorar, y aprender en 1 dia. De momento, el que mas me cuesta es RAIN, debido a que te destruye por tus habitos, por lo que me obliga a mejorar todo mi juego, y no tener ningun solo habito para ganar. Excelente practica. Al principio, me costaban todos, pero luego de jugarle a Rain, y arreglar mi juego en todo sentido, pasn a 2-3 stockear a TODOS los japoneses. Eso seria todo de momento. De vuelta a practicar! Estoy con 9B de momento. Lo 3 stockie 3 veces en total, una en FD :D

Saludos!

PD: Kakera ♥"

Translation would be something like:

"Last update pre-Apex:

Collision was a hard tournament for me. I had to face the best of the best matchup-wise; matchups in which I simply have no experience nor knowledge, aka Olimar and Diddy. Then next day in United, I defeated Apple (IC), Quiksilver (ZSS), Vinnie 2-0 (IC), and I lost to ADHD 0-3 in WFs. Then I defeated Vinnie in LFs, but I lost again to ADHD in GFs 1-3.

I realized that if I play as I like to play, taking every possible oportunity, and being, in general, confident and agressive, I defeat anyone. That's how I've 3-stocked M2K, 9B, 2-stocked otori, kakera, RAIN, etc.

Now I'm training with the japanese in an apartment complex in New Jersey, near APEX. The japanese were going to stay with Vex in Philadelphia, but when the apartment owner saw them with their baggage and everything, he kicked out everyone there, including myself and nekokatsu (chilean player). I was washing my clothes when an old man yelled at my face "GET OUT", and I was like "Let me grab my stuff, and I'll leave. I need my clothes", but the guy didn't understand me. After Vex calmed him down, I proceeded to leave in a car along with Bloodcross, Mikeneko, Kairo and Abadango. The car was absolutely full, and I had to go in the front seat with a suitcase upon me, but everything is for smash ♥!

Then we arrived at InternetExplorer's apartment (Keitaro's brother), and I proceeded to play against the japanese. What a way to improve and learn, in 1 day. At this moment, the hardest player for me is RAIN, since he destroys you due to your habits, and hence he forces me to improve all my game, avoiding any habit in order to win. Excelent practice. At first, everyone was hard for me, but after playing with RAIN, and fix my game in all senses, I proceeded to 2 or 3-stock ALL the japanese. That would be all for now. Time to get back to practice! I'm with 9B right now; I 3-stocked him thrice in total, one in Final Destination :D

Best regards!

PS: kakera ♥"

More:

"Saludos!

PD: Kakera me miro todo el rato mientras escribía esto. Buen amigo y persona, es alguien muy alegre y cariñoso. Igual Otori. Otori -Kenta- es SUPER chistoso, y trolleamos caleta, igual con 9B. Le grito cosas como TATSUMAKI que es tornado, y lo spamea, jaja. Tambien le dije en japones ' Te agarrare los pezones' y procedi a hacerlo, y todo el complejo se murio de la risa, jajajaj. Buenos momentos!"

"Hi guys!

PS: kakera was staring at me the whole time I was writing this. He is a good friend and person, is very joyful and fond. Same for otori. otori (Kenta) is VERY funny, and we troll a lot, as well as with 9B. I yell things like TATSUMAKI which means tornado, and he spams that haha. Also I told him in japanese "I'll grab your nipples" and then I did so, and all the guys there just died laughing hahaha. Good times!"

"Ah, tambien, estoy con record positivo contra todos, especialmente 9b/Otori.

Otori me ha timeado 3 veces, dos por ledge grabs (iba ganando y gano por reglas) y otro normal. Pero yo tambien lo timeé 2 veces. De momento van a subir un set el cual gane contra el. Saludoooooos"

"Ah, also, I'm with positive record against everyone, specially against 9B and otori.

otori has timed me out thrice, twice by ledge grabs (I was winning but he won at the end by rules), and another one normally. But, I also timed him out twice. A set in which I defeated him should be uploaded soon. Byeeeee!"

"Tambien estoy practicando el match up de Diddy contra Suinoko, y el de Olimar vs Denti. Voy MUCHO mejor ahora."

"Also, I'm practicing the Diddy matchup against Suinoko, and the Olimar matchup against Denti. I'm A LOT better now."

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ocean M2K would have been gold even if it was Chibo/Stingers/Holy because its a taste of "the old days" when sometimes MKs got exposed by bad characters.

I was pretty hyped for Salem vs NR.

I like how it seems like the Japanese really take friendlies seriously and don't hold something back or sandbag for tournament tricks later. Thats the impression I've gotten anyway.

JTsm

Smash Master
Welp, Zero will win Apex.

Thanks for the translations, Rajam.

JTsm

Smash Master
There's no ****ing maybe about it!

SWF won't let me caps lock as if I'm yelling? lame. Just imagine me yelling the 1st sentence.

zmx

Smash Lord
I like how it seems like the Japanese really take friendlies seriously and don't hold something back or sandbag for tournament tricks later. Thats the impression I've gotten anyway.
I don't think so. I think it depends on the person just like in NA. If you watch the recent M2K vs 9B games on Keitaro's channel you'll notice 9B is trolling a lot because it was friendlies.

And Rain is notorious for studying people during friendlies. Apparently, not playing to win but to just memorize them.

People shouldn't read too much into this and assume Zero>Japanese just yet.

At any rate Zero's biggest issue right now it seems is playing in matchups he doesn't know as well as MK. That's another reason why I think it's unlikely he'll win the whole tournament.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
I'll edit my predictions :E

1.- Rain
2.- ZeRo
3.- Ally
4.- Otori
5.- Nairo
5.- 9B
7.- ANTi
7.- ESAM
9.- Mr R
9.- Mew2King
9.- Mikeneko
9.- ADHD

maybe kakera, DEHF, Vinnie or Leon can take some 9th place

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I think 2 diffrent country's in GF would be biggest hype because USA will go mad crazy for the USA player playing the GF.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
well at least 2 diffrent country's still better then only one imo. It's kinda dumb how nobody wants M2K to win. I would like it if he wins.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
M2K winning this would be something different... He hasn't win something really important since llike.... forever....

Same with Ally.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
1. RAIN :metaknight:
2.Anti :metaknight:
3.Vinnie :popo:
4. Otori :metaknight:
5. DEHF:falco:
5.Nairo::metaknight:
7. Mikeneko :marth:
7. ESAM :pikachu2:
9. UltimateRazer :snake:
9.Ally :snake:
9. Rich Brown :olimar:
9. ADHD :diddy:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Match's I wanna see

Nairo vs Mikeneko
ESAM vs Rain
9B vs Zero
Earth vs DEHF
Ally vs Abadango
_X_ vs Everyone

:sonic:

Yobolight

Smash Lord
1. Nairo :metaknight:
2. Rain :metaknight:
3.Vinnie :popo:
4. Otori :metaknight:
5. ESAM :pikachu2:
5. M2K:metaknight:
7. Mikeneko :marth:
7. ADHD :diddy:
9. DEHF:falco:
9. Ally :snake:
9. Illmatic :peach:
9. Earth :sheik:

zmx

Smash Lord
I can't even begin to guess lol. There are just too many factors and players to consider.

Edit:

It'd be a lot easier if brackets were already made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom