• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 SSB64 Event

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
dunking is ezpz.

years of high jump + lucky with genes.

the only true real sport is afl and that's no joke.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
6'1 180

want some?
minimal size advantage to you - i think i got this

6'1.5", 145

Get at me fatties
145? that's just not healthy. should do GOMAD:

http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/

6'1" 185

used to dunk, probably can't now cause of outta shape, still down for MMs
ability to dunk scares me. i'll take you on in a year or so when I'll hopefully be 190 lbs and able to dunk (need to up squat to like 300 lbs to be able to dunk methinks. current personal best is 240, though i'm probably way down from that due to injuries).

cheeseball341

Smash Journeyman
cricket>rugby league>afl>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rugby union. Although afl atheletes are definitely the best jumpers in the world. sorta makes me lol@basketball players.

And noone should do Gomad when they could just hella delicious meat.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
holy **** im so hype for this...wish i had setup housing earlier so id be there by tonight, still....can't wait gunna be awesome matches/experiences
MASSIVE HYPE

Battlecow

Play to Win

clubbadubba

Smash Master
At the airport waiting to pick boom up in 2 hours. Anticipated more traffic but now I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting. Can't wait for this to get started

:phone:

firo

Smash Ace
Hm so looks like tomorrow I'll be going solo, Ownasaurus can't make it. Hopefully there will be a 64 section somewhere to hang out at.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
yo firo i'll be setting up some exclusive 64 setups when i show up around 1pm on friday so there will definitely be some 64 going on all day.

firo

Smash Ace
Cool, that's good to hear.

Also that brings up a question - since I'm not doing melee doubles anymore but still melee singles at 4PM, do I still need to arrive at 9-11AM for check in? Or can I come later? Does anyone know how it works?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Cool, that's good to hear.

Also that brings up a question - since I'm not doing melee doubles anymore but still melee singles at 4PM, do I still need to arrive at 9-11AM for check in? Or can I come later? Does anyone know how it works?
I'd recommend coming to check in 11, I don't know how strict they're being with sign ups. If anything, you'll be dq from any events you missed, since anything could happen to prevent you from getting there on time.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
firo, is ownasaurus definitely not coming at all? You signed up with him for doubles last night. If he can't enter singles then I'll let megavolt know that there are spots for both him and Jerry.

firo

Smash Ace
He is coming, just not today. He'll be there saturday and sunday.

Just got to apex now but there arent any 64 setups yet grr
Who else is here?

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
first day of Apex was great. I walked in at 1pm expecting it to be like 2010 (aka no smash 64 until the second day after some setups free up from melee/other events.) That wasn't the case. there were already roughly 15 people playing and 3 or 4 smash64 setups. I had some fun doubles matches with Jaimie, Isai, and Firo. Can't wait til tomorrow.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
cricket>rugby league>afl>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rugby union. Although afl atheletes are definitely the best jumpers in the world. sorta makes me lol@basketball players.

And noone should do Gomad when they could just hella delicious meat.
dunno about afl but apparently nfl players average like a 36 inch vertical, which is hilarious considering that NBA athletes average like 28.

soccer [football] is the worlds greatest game

tennis is ok too
tennis is awesome

as for soccer, well, i prefer games where i'll actually miss something if i fall asleep during the game. Maybe if they could score more than once per game ...

187 is the minimum weight for a 6'1" person? This whole thing was made up to make lardasses feel good about themselves, lol. I'm happy with my weight; anything more and I'd lose my edge in the competitive flexed-arm-hang world.
that's the weight where you won't look like a skinny little ***** anymore. obviously you don't want to be 187 of all fat though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Bleh I feel like I have to both defend and criticize soccer all the time

I think a lot of people want to be actively excited by soccer, and are disappointed. Well, yeah, it's straight-up not an exciting sport. I usually watch while chilling with family/friends, and you usually are doing something else and/or chatting at the same time. Basically, it's like hanging out with your friends, except you're also watching soccer. Don't just watch it alone doing something else.

I'd imagine that's how people watch baseball. If you ask me that sport is boring as ****. Well, maybe if I actually had people to watch it with I'd enjoy it more.

But coming from someone who was raised with soccer, it's still not the best sport, either. Defense is overpowered and penalty kicks are glorified rock-paper-scissors. Tennis da bess

Olikus

Smash Champion
Soccer has allot more too it than only scoring goals. Its the whole playing style, tactic that are interesting for me. But if scoring is the main reason people watch soccer, then sure its not so fun since it rarely are more than 3-4 goals in a match.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Hey

I had registered on dec 31 I was wondering If I was able to play I'm coming up from north carolina travelled 11 hours can someone see of there is a spot or can I ask a melee player for one?

Top Bottom