• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Im not brushing off Carroll, Im just saying that his qualms are unfounded. Since people seem to be forgetting that the 20 friendly set ups are IN ADDITION to the (I dont have a specific number but I know its high) tournament set ups that are going to be available. Instead of thinking about how theres only going to be 20 set ups for the 200 people not in the tournament at the time, it would be more accurate to think about any other smash national youve been to. AND THAN ADD TO THAT 20 extra set ups specifically designated for the people like you.

I would also like to point out that the two paragraphs above in the quotes slightly contradict each other.

Youre getting upset at the TOs and organisers about how you wont be able to play friendlies. But then you talk about how people are going to be hoarding the set ups and youre not willing to do anything about it.
I don't think that's the problem. That will be awesome. In fact, i'm sure it'll be totally different and new. I'm still goin, cuz I'm hyped.

But we want to be able to play some melee/brawl in a timely manner. We can't cram it into one space... or can we?

Also keep in mind not everyone will be in a hotel

Mahone

Smash Champion
Im not brushing off Carroll, Im just saying that his qualms are unfounded. Since people seem to be forgetting that the 20 friendly set ups are IN ADDITION to the (I dont have a specific number but I know its high) tournament set ups that are going to be available. Instead of thinking about how theres only going to be 20 set ups for the 200 people not in the tournament at the time, it would be more accurate to think about any other smash national youve been to. AND THAN ADD TO THAT 20 extra set ups specifically designated for the people like you.

I would also like to point out that the two paragraphs above in the quotes slightly contradict each other.

Youre getting upset at the TOs and organisers about how you wont be able to play friendlies. But then you talk about how people are going to be hoarding the set ups and youre not willing to do anything about it.
I'm not sure i understand what ur saying... there is no tournament melee on saturday so im assuming all those tournament setups will be used for other games... so there is no chance of me playing melee friendlies on them... isn't that correct?

I'm not gonna be the guy thats like "**** you armada... i don't give a **** that you paid 2000 bucks and fly across the globe to play mango... i got next"... like i agree that i am contradicting myself a little, but i don't think doing that really resolves the bigger issue lol... it would just free up a couple of setups at the expense of the people who are gonna make the tournament hype...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
What is up with all this stupid drama?
If you're complaining about pools, get better.

It's that simple :)

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya but im asking if we can bring more and set them up... ON TOP OF THE 20 PROVIDED... or if its an issue of space/using any extra for tournament

What is up with all this stupid drama?
I'm not sure if ur referring to us talking about setups but it isn't drama... im just trying to decide whether the event is worth the time/money for me... im not like "**** you do this tournament my way you *****"... i don't really give a **** how he chooses to run his tournament... i just need to know so i can decide whether to register...

Also the get better thing is a ******** thing to say...

Mahone

Smash Champion
gonna happen to brawl people too -shrug- i dont see brawl people *****ing about it
well they can just not show up on friday... like if i played brawl, i would just travel up on saturday and save money on hotel/food etc. and not be bored for a day like the melee people will be

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i dont see why, but w/e, i plan on using friday to hang out with my friends from OOS. and ^ is valid yet i dont know of any brawl person i know going who isnt showing up on thursday lmao either way this isnt my battle so -dip

Mahone

Smash Champion
Ya i mean not doing anything woudln't be the worst thing ever... its not like i lead a super interesting life and have much cooler things i could be doing... it just seems like the issue could be resolved pretty easily and since i'm paying for the best tournament ever or whatever i was expecting at least this much...

z00ted

Well, that sucks.
I just asked what was going on cause I didn't wanna read the last pages of huge walls of texts.
If melee is getting screwed, just don't go.

I assumed it was cause of pools cause I glanced by that when skimming the pages.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
i dont see why, but w/e, i plan on using friday to hang out with my friends from OOS. and ^ is valid yet i dont know of any brawl person i know going who isnt showing up on thursday lmao either way this isnt my battle so -dip
Yeah, I'd most likely do the same on Saturday (but with smash). Just trying to get more bang out of my buck. But smash is like a ritual... we gotta smash as soon as we meet, and then hang. ;o

But we don't go just to hang. We go to play. We aren't casual or nothing.

Although... the venue will be open on Thurs? :O

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, that sucks.
I just asked what was going on cause I didn't wanna read the last pages of huge walls of texts.
If melee is getting screwed, just don't go.

I assumed it was cause of pools cause I glanced by that when skimming the pages.
Yeah, too bad. If I can read that, so can you. and don't assume if you don't read. It's that simple. :)

z00ted

F u, brah.

I can't ask questions?

Didn't feel like sifting through 4+ pages of whining, and I picked up on people complaining about pools so I simply just said get better.

Wasn't even concerned with Melee at all.
There should be more setups though, so good luck with figuring that out.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Of course you can ask questions.

It isn't just melee. It's Brawl too.

But thanks.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
wow really? nobodys getting screwed you just refuse to listen to what hes saying I would say Melee has it easier.

Everyone shows up Friday Melee plays and has fun most people dont make it to the finals so they are free to do what they want. Play other games play on the friendlies set ups or PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat Brawl has to do the same thing only...they probably partied on friday night as well so they have to do it with a bit of a headache

On friday there will be 20 setups for brawl if i understand correctly
On saturday there will be 20 setups for Melee
there may be almost 300 people reg'd for melee but if not 1 of you is doing something else then im suprised you even left your house to make it to APEX

OPTIONS FOR MELEE:
Watch Brawl
Watch SSFIV
Watch UMvC3
Play on 20 friendly setups
Eat
Visit the tourist sites

OPTIONS FOR BRAWL:
All Brawl
Watch Melee
Eat
Visit the tourist sites

and neither should be complaining this is APEX 2012 have fun or sit at home watching the stream all weekend

and Ill the pools thing was we were told top 2 of 4 would make it out and someone said with the number of people coming the pools would be increased to 5/6 people with top 2 making it out but I dont think any official staff has said anything about it...just late night complainers

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
So can anyone confirm that the last day of Apex will end at 8:30PM? If I do go, I'd probably have to catch the earliest flight back home (8hrs) and then manage to attend the first day of Spring semester at my C.C. by 7AM the following day, lol. Besides a bit of a money issue, college is screwing me over too :urg:

EDIT: Actually, if I just wanted to go for the 64 event, would I be able to leave a day earlier perhaps? D:

EDIT 2: I just checked out the schedule. It looks like I might be able to play Melee and 64 after all! Since the stuff going on on Sunday won't really apply to me (GFs). If I leave by Saturday night, I might be able to catch the grand finals stream AND go to school :3

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Even though theres no brawl Friday except all brawl ...literally every single OOS brawl player I know of is arriving between Wednesday-Friday beforehand. Most of those are Wednesday or Thursday

But whatever. My brain can't comprehend these issues cause they seem so small to me. So imma stop worrying about it

Tourney hype! Hope its not snowing too bad for when I have to walk to R-u-hungry

:phone:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Alright then. In the worse-case scenario I'm not able to pay w/ the card (for any reason), can I pay you guys the day of APEX?

:phone:
My suggestion is to pay by paypal with the original price you paid for. There's not as easy way to do it again through the site (since the price increase). Let me know if that works for you!

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Will Quarter Finals-Semis in both Melee Singles and Doubles be best out of 5?

last apex it wasn't.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Just a suggestion, change the final registration date. A lot of people sign up the last couple of hours for majors. Since the last couple of hours is new years eve a lot of people are probably going to forget.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I say close reg as planned. People have had over 8 or 9 months to get it together and register, its time this community learned what a God damn deadline is, especially one with so much time given.

:017:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I've been meaning to speak to Strife about that.

@ EE: No offense to smashers but we're dumb lol. We'll never learn how to manage our time efficiently. Ever.

I can see it now: "Bout to take my 5th shot! Oh ****, Apex registration ends tonight?? ****!!....I'm still taking that shot though yeaaahhh!!!!"

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I say close reg as planned. People have had over 8 or 9 months to get it together and register, its time this community learned what a God damn deadline is, especially one with so much time given.

:017:
LOL, this is so true too

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Carrol and Mahone, I understand but remember people also play in the hotel rooms. If the venue runs out of space and yer worried about the limited friendly setups...I guarantee u a bunch of smashers will be playing in their hotel rooms.

So it is up to u to communicate, make new friends, and smash with them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom