• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I was gonna do that Bengals :(

Anyway, I love how I'm probably the ONLY person that is never hyped for TKD. It's only a fox main guys.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I kind of quit the game, but if I have to go to only 1 tournament in the next year its going to be this. Apex is always the most hyped tourney ever. Will start talking about it to other canadians.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Currently updating with

- date of MSU
- Links to OOC threads for Apex
- Info on Road to Apex WC

possible brawl and melee EU qualifer coming soon

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
No high school in the world has Jan. 6 off.

You should do something like mid winter break, otherwise a lot of people won't come.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I picked this for ooc. I'll see bout moving it to a different date but i feel this is best.

asaian or not u should be able to take 1 day off

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
If a large group of attendees are forced to cut school, it's very far from the best date.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm fairly sure majority of the melee community nowadays(especially by next year January) is no longer in High School lol. Especially OOC. So its not really a problem

:metaknight:
I wonder if we can construe this as an educational absence...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I doubt it. From where I am from Winter break lasts after that week. Sorry not changing the date unless its something major. This is one day out of the entire year and most beginnings of a school year are basic anyways ( college and HS ).

Either way I feel this is the best date for everyone and most smashers are in College or will be in college by this time. No excuses.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Junebug will not be able to come if he has to skip school. Same with LLOD, Smash G0D, and other young talent in our area.

Edit: Phil and I are still in there either way

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
I can't get away with cutting for a tourney either, but I understand that majority is the most important, so I'm not gonna pointlessly argue :p

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hmm junebug is an issue...i dont believe in tiger moms and ish but thats how people are.

I wont move it yet but I have no problem taking a look.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
College people will be fine, normally they have winter break until the week after this (Like that monday starts 2nd semester, or maybe a week more). High school took a **** though lol.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I decided to let the date stay. most people will be seniors/freshman in college by then.

I understand people may have issues about asking their family but I feel this date is best for everyone.

All the EU people will want this date and Japan likes this date. I had this set up a certain way and I think people will come to this regardless. Bottom line is that no matter what its a trade-off. Asking in advance would be best especially when I have the media dept work on some stuff for me.

Also, I am very good with parents so if people need help I am sure it can be worked out in a years time.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wouldnt this be like, the first day of high school? shouldnt be that big of a deal :laugh:

at least they cant fire you from school for skipping

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Don't do this date. It's not the best AT ALL.

This whole thing is really sketchy... Such a massive event and it starts on a school day? I don't get it. You're throwing away a lot of people. And how will calling someone's parents convince them to allow cutting?

You can DEFINITELY get a better date.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Don't do this date. It's not the best AT ALL.

This whole thing is really sketchy... Such a massive event and it starts on a school day? I don't get it. You're throwing away a lot of people. And how will calling someone's parents convince them to allow cutting?

You can DEFINITELY get a better date.
well, its going to be a 3 day tourney pretty much no matter what, so unless he does it on a holiday weekend, its going to cut into a school day

If you think people are gonna have a hard time traveling to miss the first day of school, you wont believe the amount of flack they'll catch trying to travel around/before christmas or thanksgiving. Plus flights will be stupid expensive because again, around/before christmas or thanksgiving

The only other option would be to push it all the way to summer, and that doesnt really seem that necessary. Then again, I'll just ask for the day off of work and hope they let me go

Edit: and yea, any weekday would cut into a workday for people who have jobs and just dont go to school. and its usually alot harder for them to get off than you cutting class one day.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
basically what GDX said. I am not pushing this back til summer and I wanted it to be close to new years for the trip for the OOC people. I am sure most people can take care of the things they need to before hand. I would be missing almost a week of work for this one event. I would not have picked this date unless I felt it was the best date possible for the masses.

bottom line is that it stays and complaining is not going to fix that. sorry but I need to put my foot down on the date.

btw dont ever call anything I do sketchy. I am one of the most accommodating people out there. I have flown DOZENS of players and helped run tournaments without so much as a Thanks. I even went as far as babysit a smasher for his family. I bend over backwards for the community and I will help every person I can to get out here even if it means going out of my way.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
the 3rd option if you wanted, alex, would be to pull a pound4 and host it in MLK weekend. That'll fix your school problem, but that'll pretty much guarantee alot of jobbers cant go, since getting a HOLIDAY off of work is pretty much asking to get canned.

pick your poison man. either way you wont be able to please everyone :laugh:

Laijin

Smash Hero
Man. Why is this even an issue. I don't think this has ever been an issue for a major tournament ever. Just skip class. You have a YEARS notice.

Also. There are more 18+ melee players than not. So I'm pretty sure than this date is fine

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I was thinking MLK weekend but thats also gonna hurt the college kids.

bottom line its a time of year thats gonna affect everyone. I am going with my gut and staying with this date.

Also I have to consider the hotel and prices all around.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I was thinking MLK weekend but thats also gonna hurt the college kids.

bottom line its a time of year thats gonna affect everyone. I am going with my gut and staying with this date.

Also I have to consider the hotel and prices all around.
lol im good with it. I was just talking about the others

I'll def. be there. buying my tickets 12/16

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My Winter Break will start from January to Feburary so I'll more than likely go.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Are kids ********? Its one day from school and this is like a year away almost, YOU GOT BDAYS RIGHT? ASK FOR THAT FRIDAY OFF FROM SCHOOL TO GO AS YO GIFT BRATS, you saving them money and they can prolly let one day slide.

Anyway if I still play I'll be hurr.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Why not do this May 26-28? It's a memorial day weekend. So it starts Saturday and ends Monday (memorial day). That means no problems with job/college. It also means that high schoolers can actually come.

I'm just putting it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom