• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyke

Smash Champion
So many people hating on HBox. The man worked his *** off during this tournament to get as far as he did, I wouldn't diss him for playing his character in a Grand Finals where the double blind actually matters.

Brawl players shouldn't use this Grand Finals as an excuse for when M2K regularly times out people in any bracket match.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'd prefer if Alex Strife stayed away from trying to host melee events considering he doesn't care about the game at all.

LOL@ Complaining isn't helpful, how else can you give feedback? OMG JUST BE HAPPY WITH THIS SUBPAR EFFORT IF YOU COMPLAIN IT IS ONLY BAD
Yes, brilliant. Get rid of one more TO willing to bother with this community.

And yes, no one can tell you you're not allowed to your opinion. There's a difference between blatant bashing and constructive criticism though, and one is certainly more useful than the other (Not saying this comment is like the quality of stream monsters, but it could be better).

SO many streamers now for both melee and brawl you would think they would have just stuck with them. But nah, they outsourced to people who no 2 things about smash. Jack and ****. I heard someone ask if Dreamland 64 was a legal stage...its like...wtf seriously? Go **** yourself.
Oh... Did that last part really need to be said? I'm not there or anything, but couldn't it just have been someone who doesn't know about this community? :<

This sounds kinda like the Pound 5 excuses. After years of dealing with this community I would personally expect a top TO to understand how they will behave and take precautions to deal with it. Tournament Organizers and their staff should be able to get these things done.
Probably because some of the same "excuses" still hold. The TOs' job is to get a tournament done. They don;'t have to have a stream up, they don't have to have crews like they did, and none of the other luxuries. I'm not sure if this was your complaint here, but I know that's one many other people seem to have. :/

Sounds like the community died a little this weekend.
And this is what we call a drama queen.

why is apex attempting to unite all these communities anyways?
Oh, probably because it might possibly get some new blood?

... But who am I kidding right? We don't need any of that. We can just slowly die, if not just keep our numbers at best.

> 2 years to prepare biggest smash tournament ever.
> 1 stream.

Wat
They don't owe you a stream, be grateful there's even one.

Don't complain do better
This.

I'm pretty salty about this. From what I hear we have **** like Mr R. vs. M2K or Vinnie vs. Orion or some **** like that going on in Brawl bracket... AND THEY ARE STREAMING UMvC3 ON THE MAIN STREAM?! Am I the only one who finds this kinda... ****ing stupid?
Uh yeah, I've already said it before, no stream has to be up...

STFU.

If they had over a year and the support that Alex had, then I imagine most TOs could do a better job. Have two streams! Is that really something that's difficult to do? Quit being humping on Alex Strife's nuts.
NoU.

It's not difficult, but it also isn't necessary.

I'm a broken record. God, the amount of grateful people in this very community is staggering.

the worst about this tournament (actually most tournaments) is that we dont get any offical news about the brackets

and dont bull**** me like they are doing their best bla bla, i've hosted tournaments aswell, how hard would it be to have 1 guy with a laptop posting the new results everytime? srsly, thats NO ****ing work at all and still we are too stupid for it and have to rely on people at the venue to text us, thats ********
If you've actually hosted tourneys, you'd know having one person dedicated to that is inefficient. It would make more sense to have as many people help get this ish done ASAP.

I'm not even going to bother with the previous comment. I feel indifferent for text feeds.

This is so wrong and I get so upset when I see people making these kinds of comments. We are allowed to criticize without doing anything ourselves.
And I hope your complaints are taken as nothing more than suggestions/recommendations. Who is to say you could've done something to help.

Inb4youcould'vehelpedtoo.

Yeah, I could've been there. Blame my mother who won't let me out of the house.

Whoa so much drama in here.
Big tournaments, you think there will be any different?

I hate this community. There's only a few people that make it worthwhile.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
And to think a few days away, everyone was having a laugh at the thought of this guy missing this tournament. Nairo is saving us.

MaxThunder

PM Support
ok rage fading away... now i'm just said... i was thinking of donating a little earlier, but now i just can't... and i guess people ignore me...

... i just wanna know why i was banned=(... is that too much to ask for?...

sigh.. ok imma go to bed now...

Thino

Smash Master
ok rage fading away... now i'm just said... i was thinking of donating a little earlier, but now i just can't... and i guess people ignore me...

well this thread isnt the best place to ask that on, not sure if anyone can help you here

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
When multiple games are in a tournament, usually top 8 of every game is shown on the final day. I would of like to have seen more sf4 and marvel pools but other games was needed to show. This isn't a melee tournament, not even a sf4 tournament, this is Apex 2012 which happens to be primarily smash.

Grand finals was freaking LOL though. Haven't been caught up with smash since feb 2010

t3h Icy

Smash Master

Who cares? Just watch the stream.

That chat is a horrible place anyway.

MaxThunder

PM Support
@thino:this far the only response i've gotten is you, and some guy asking "who care?"... so... thanks for being nice about it, thino=)...

though i'm kinda depressed... i shouldn't be this affected by this... really... ok i'm just gonna close my laptop and go to bed...

the fact that i missed 2 meals watching melee stream is no helping...

@teh icy: it's not that i couldn't see the chat that angered me, it's the fact that i was just banned for doing nothing wrong...

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I just came home from this tournament as I had to leave early

Amazing tournament..got top 16 in Allbrawl/smash 64 but oh well in melee/brawl.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Great... now i can't sleep at all... and i'm depressed and angry... and i'msleepy and tired and my head hurts... and there's no point at all in complaining about it here... sigh...

if someone nvolved with the streaming would be so kind as to look over here, please tell me why i was banned from the chat...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I actually agree with most of what Kinzer said, wtf is wrong with youngsters these days. Old people don't know how to run multiple programs on their computers like you do.

NO MANNERS!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Even at the biggest tournament ever for Brawl, Nana derps for the loss.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Really wish U.S.A. showed more respect for the Japanese players who came soooo far and paid so much $$

then again Japan is totally pwning this trouney ftw :D

infomon

Smash Scientist
also IC dittos should def. be at the top of this metagame
it's the greatest matches ever

we need to get ICs+ICs vs. ICs+ICs as dubz matches. noone will complain brawl is slow

hopefully this becomes the new dubz MK dittos after the ban :D

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ it kind of captured the chaos I love about this game. Like watching a dubs match with TA off. The saves, that double chaingrab Kakera pulled, all of it was awesome til the end.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I knew there was a reason I greatly respected Pierce. Taking responsibility for what he did, being real about it.

Good stuff man, that was impressive.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I knew there was a reason I greatly respected Pierce. Taking responsibility for what he did, being real about it.

Good stuff man, that was impressive.
^^ trufax

also just heard about how awesome Ankoku is on the livestream. wow, mad props to this guy, he's boss @ life.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So happy that ESAM beat Kakera that I was actually tearing up a bit. This was (and still is) a beautiful tournament, despite all the issues. He's about to face Nietono, I hope ESAM wins and gets first <3

*CT*

Smash Lord
Is there an updated bracket, sorry if it has been posted already, but I dont feel like looking in previous pages, since stream is kinda sorta interesting.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Ok except for GF, Melee was so sick. Mango being dethroned once and for all. Armada showing why he's the best in the world.

JAVI FOR COMING FROM MEXICO AND ****** PP. Jesus christ that match was amazing. Like PP was on the defence almost the entire time.

It's the first time in high level play where I've seen a player win purely because of a WALL of pressure.

Javi for top 5 in the world.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
i saw the match where buttstein 3 stocked teczero. buttstein is REALLY good
Yeah, man, I saw him playing a friendly match against Armada. He was up two stocks but it ended early because Armada had a tournament match. Amazing **** from such a horrible tag.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
just asking: how did ssb64 go?
1. SuperBoomFan: Falcon/Fox (Canada)
2. Isai: Link (US-California)
3. Jaime-HR:Samus, Falcon, Mario (Mexico-Baja)
4. Kefit: Pikachu (US-California[?])
5. Sensei: Pikachu (US-NJ/NY)

Boomfan won Winner's finals, 3-2
Isai won GF set 1 4-3
Boomfan won GF set 2 4-1

It might be the other way around with Kefit/Sensei.

There was a full 64 man bracket though some people got dq'd. I think I got 17th or 13th I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom