• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Isai is one of those people who has already solidified his reputation. He doesn't need to be amazing at this game anymore to be respected. Its the same situation with Ken. If Ken jumped right back into things I don't think he would be able to beat some of the the top players right away, because he hasnt played in ages.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
But I want you to make the cake too. or at least tell her what to do as tho you know and then you can take credit too =]
Or just buy a cake from the store instead, and save us both the hassle... :p

Xionix

Smash Journeyman
Find us. Several people have said that and every one of them have walked away with their heads down and their hands hurting. But friendly competition is always fun :D
hmm unfortunately it'll be YOU who will need the bandages and ice pack. I play wearing a glove made of sandpaper. muahahahaha

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's not what LT events are all about. I also wanna play other ppls LT characters.

:059:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
goggles stop saying stuff that is dumb.

I wanna do LT singles but here is what I am worried about

"announces LT singles"

"242424 people register"

"tournament finishes in someones house"

LOL

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
goggles stop saying stuff that is dumb.

I wanna do LT singles but here is what I am worried about

"announces LT singles"

"242424 people register"

"tournament finishes in someones house"

LOL
Winner:

ZeroCool - Pichu

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well I am gonna be renting a big van to offer rides for select times but besides that the best way would be taking a train which will take you directly to the hotel. If you call the hotel they can tell you exactly what train to take.

also I should reserve 2-3 rooms myself xD

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Well I am gonna be renting a big van to offer rides for select times but besides that the best way would be taking a train which will take you directly to the hotel. If you call the hotel they can tell you exactly what train to take.

also I should reserve 2-3 rooms myself xD
Alright thanks.

my bro and I may be going there a day early just to hang out and relax for the day (before the long weekend of smashing and fun) if anyone is interested in joining. Not sure yet though :D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am urging all the people involved in helping the event arrive a day or so early so we can go over the things we need to do early.

Also I think I need to urge people to spread the word to everyone to pre-reg ASAP so I do not have to raise the price. I think it would be easier for people to pay not rather than pay later.

Look I know that Monster Hunter 3 and FF13 is the **** ( for me it was Bioshock 2 and , when it comes out Batman AA 2 ^_^ harley!!!! ) but save that money get a CC or Gift card and buy your apex entry

did I mention you get a badge when you pre-reg ??

a badge...like...an anime convention type badge designed by my gf crismas!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
...uh no... everyone who pre-reg gets one...

u do realize...u cant get in the door without pre-reg right?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I am urging all the people involved in helping the event arrive a day or so early so we can go over the things we need to do early.

Also I think I need to urge people to spread the word to everyone to pre-reg ASAP so I do not have to raise the price. I think it would be easier for people to pay not rather than pay later.

Look I know that Monster Hunter 3 and FF13 is the **** ( for me it was Bioshock 2 and , when it comes out Batman AA 2 ^_^ harley!!!! ) but save that money get a CC or Gift card and buy your apex entry

did I mention you get a badge when you pre-reg ??

a badge...like...an anime convention type badge designed by my gf crismas!
Well if you need any help the day prior let us know. Assuming we do show up early, we're probably going to take the day to train (physically) and hang out. So we could also help you guys set up if needed :p

does that mean those of us who already pre-regd are going to super awesome epic ones?
I like this idea

...uh no... everyone who pre-reg gets one...

u do realize...u cant get in the door without pre-reg right?
I like MacD's idea, although of course your logic makes more sense >.>

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
crismas made those XD

>_< i think people do not realize they have to register...i should not use the world pre-reg it may leave the wrong impression...people are really...slow somtimes.

twins : imagine she did that...then...imagine all the people who are registering...thats 400-600+

Twin_A

Smash Champion
twins : imagine she did that...then...imagine all the people who are registering...thats 400-600+
I meant for like the first 20 or so :p
That and I was just joking lol. however if she were to draw a blackmage holding a joker card on mine I wouldn't complain :p

Hey everyone else, register already. If you're one of the next 10 people I'll make up a magic trick and name it after you.

Actually that would be a little difficult >.>

D1

Banned via Administration
Nah not @ all. Its just @ Pound HBK n Reno entered brawl so @ Apex imma enter Melee. I mean..I hope I do better than those guys did @ brawl, but either way it'll be fun. Its only like 10 bucks right? maybe 20? I can spare that for the **** my Zelda gone hand out.
Malcolm you are the man!

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
I'm a little concerned with registering so early. I mean it is four months away, and i don't want to be slapped with fees for registering late. I was wondering that if something does come up will i be able to get my money back.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Same rules apply as does for pound.

come to this event. This will be life changing. Reason you register now is cause we have to spend time to seed this and seeding will take time. If you do not want to be charged 75+ bucks vs 55 sign up now. ( if i have to break down its 45 with 30 venue 15 singles and 10 doubles)

Also I will do the same as I do for Viridian city/saffron..NO refunds because I feel that if we do refunds everyone would ask for one as soon as pools are announced. Only exceptions are those who pay twice in a row by accident or something electronic relation.

sorry but that is fair to the players entering.

this is the last time i will say this but people in the melee and brawl community should be registering for this. there is no excuse not to. You are saving money and to not register for this shows me that

a - this community wasted 4+ years of my time
b - that i should really quit and stop hosting tournaments for good

if i go those routes i would be really disappointed in a lot of people. do not make me go that route.

Milos

Smash Lord
Alex chill people have jobs and commitments that need to take precendence over melée and that can come up at the last minute. I think people are willing to take a small fee in exchange for feeling more secure that they'll be able to follow through. Pound showed us that.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am not talking about melee I am talking about the community I killed myself over for the past 2 years to help out the most.

Melee has done great by me for years. If they do not register that is on them but if brawl does not register what does that say to me? When they did not sign up for pound the excuse was they did not like plank if they do not register for me what does that say?

My point is people should register. If people want a great Melee/Brawl event...post up, let me know you are coming so I can know to keep pushing and work hard. I have a lot of people working themselves over and to be criticized over and over is nothing short but annoying by people who know nothing about hard work.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah I considered posting twice(as in thought it over) and read your post a few times but you said the only exception to refunds are if someone accidentally pays twice.

edit: also i'm planing to join doubles but don't know who my partner is yet can i leave that blank for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom