• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone still play Melee?

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I got some matches of my friends who came to visit who are apparently still good at Melee lol -_-. So I should have those up soon, I got my *** whooped but it was definitely good practice for Georgia.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Yep, Melee still kicks ***. I'm ready to go back into Melee now from Brawl. I'm unstoppable in Brawl with Ganondorf, but I got bored of him.... too slow. Ganon dittos in melee FTW!

Kiyoru

Smash Cadet
I still play and I love it.

but I get the feeling I'll have to stop soon, since my friends are refusing to play me now and it's no fun playing the game on your own ):

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
My friend, a Brawl virgin, traded melee for Brawl this week.
Who got the better end of the deal? XD

I'm better at Brawl right now, but that's cuz melee is MUCH HARDER. But melee is more fun still.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I love melee but I stop playing it beacuse I lost some of my skills beacuse of the Brawl frame rate =/

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
have to agree with St. Viers on this one. Brawl does suck pretty hard for competitive play but it can be entertaining. Honestly if you just don't take Brawl seriously you can have a pretty good time laughing as you trip into a smash or something gay like that. Nowhere near as amazing as Melee is with some competitive friends but when no one good is around you can only practice tech skill on level 1s for so long.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I miss Melee.

I miss the scene.
The traveling.
The good times.
The food.
The training.
The getting owned.
The everything.

Come back please, my sweet,sweet melee.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
I played them both, and am starting to not care for either. Brawl > Melee for background graphics. Melee > Brawl for any/everything else(especially combos). Because of this, I'm starting to hate both and I played them both today. I hope Brawl gets a Pal version(whatever pal means) to have the rest of the melee systems, though it will never happen. Oh well, melee still pwns all to a waveshining death of humiliation.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Wish people in my school felt the same way. They all play brawl but they were still huge noobs in melee so it isn't a huge loss at least.

Oh How I hate them.

Hey question. Since this is like a melee appreciation thread and is still somewhat active does anyone have a suggestion for a new interesting char I should pick up? I already play Marth and Falco pretty extensively and I'm learning Fox and dabble with Falcon. Who else should I learn even just for fun. This game never gets old.

TipZ

Smash Apprentice
Melee CPU > Plugging your controller in to Melee > Putting Melee in the Gamecube > Putting Brawl in the Wii > Putting your controller into the Wii > putting your controller into the wrong Wii controller slot > ... > Brawl Doubles > Brawl Singles

superman969

Smash Journeyman
umm, brawl doubles >>>>>>>>>>> melee CPU, and usually melee doubles, unless you actually have 3 friends that aren't n00bz.

Melee > everything else

Brawl's still fun as hell with friends, but I wouldn't touch brawl for a second without a friend

N355

Smash Apprentice
If I am not mistaken when you are running in brawl and you jump you will jump just as far as you would if you jumped from a standing positon, this is probably why camping is so effective in brawl since you can't jump far enough to reach them without getting hit by the projectiles they may be spamming

N355

Smash Apprentice
I'm disappointed with Brawl.
I love melee too much and want to switch back...
but Brawl tournys are everywhere and a lot more people are playing the game.
Thus, I play Brawl.
I promise to still play melee though
Heck there are pretty much never any tourneys around where I live, and nowadays they have all been brawl ones. None of my friends play melee anymore but one might play both. Since I switched back to melee I haven't really had anyone to play with except cpu's but that isn't stopping me from playing the better game.

N355

Smash Apprentice
I am guessing the reason brawl is so easy to pick up and play is so it would appear to a wider audience, draw in people who didn't even play smash prior to its release, and that is exactly what it has done. They make more money this way. Also, as we all know, Sakurai doesn't want it to be competitive.

Top Bottom