• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone still play Melee?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
MEELEZ FO LIFE

Seriously though Otto I was looking forward to playing you at SFU6 in meele.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Just started getting good at melee and no ones good at Brawl unless they're cheap campy airdodgers so yea Melee FTW! I actually whupped up on 2 Brawl noobs (in melee ofcourse) last night.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Most ppl play brawl on my country but I'm still playing melee a lot.

Otto, I thought you were going to play brawl now. You said to me like 1 month ago on aim that you hated melee and you were going to quit and play brawl on aim, lol. Anyways, i'm glad you're back, this world needs more sw's technical stuff to be rocked with

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Melee is way better than Brawl. I play Brawl because it's somewhat entertaining to work on figuring out new combos and techniques rather than just copying the pros but nothing even comes close to the amazing stuff you can do in Melee. Also Brawl is more fun for playing my more noobish friends because I don't destroy them as badly. Other than that, Melee is pretty much better in every way. Oh and 90% of the people on the Brawl boards are complete idiots who don't know anything about the Super Smash Series or competitive gaming and I can't even tell you how mad it makes me. In conclusion, while I'm going to continue playing Brawl, Melee will always be my one true love.

Big_R

Smash Champion
melee is too good. i just don't have fun with brawl. simple as that. trying to bring the cok chapter back to melee. mathos is sad cuz everyone likes melee better and he wants to try to play brawl i guess. he must come around...

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Doesn't Mathos play a pretty technical Falco? I could be mistaken though, but the way I see it anyone who plays a character very technically should see that as one of the reason why Brawl is so bad everything is just so limited and the technical aspect of Brawl bein a big one.

I'm glad to see so many people reply, even in just the Fox specific. I think I'm going to try to make another tech skill video, and make it really, really good. Brawl is nowhere near Melee, and never will be when it comes to having a good time in a long run, glad to see a lot of people still see that, makes me want to make a new video even more because people might still watch it. I hope to help people remember why they love the game by making another video. I know some players said my old video made the game look fun again, so it's worth a try. Hopefully the next FC will bring all the Melee players together again, I'll be going to that for sure.

SpaceFalcon: I am going to the SFU tourney this Saturday, if that's what you're talking about. I'd gladly play you.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
After pound 3 there was no way I was content to switch to brawl LOL

Make another tech skill vid lol I loved those things telling myself I wish I could do a quarter of that LOL.

No wonder I play sheik too.

:laugh:

EDIT: Silent wolf your sig is awesome :lick:

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see so many people reply, even in just the Fox specific. I think I'm going to try to make another tech skill video, and make it really, really good. Brawl is nowhere near Melee, and never will be when it comes to having a good time in a long run, glad to see a lot of people still see that, makes me want to make a new video even more because people might still watch it. I hope to help people remember why they love the game by making another video. I know some players said my old video made the game look fun again, so it's worth a try. Hopefully the next FC will bring all the Melee players together again, I'll be going to that for sure.

SpaceFalcon: I am going to the SFU tourney this Saturday, if that's what you're talking about. I'd gladly play you.
I would totally watch your new tech skill video. The other one you made was amazing, plus I can't even do half the stuff you can, lol. I love melee to death and I hate brawl. I got into the melee scene pretty late, and I am still nowhere near finished with playing melee, especially with how terrible brawl turned out.

EDIT: Teczero - I love chiyo-chan, lol. Azumanga Daioh ftw!
Silent Wolf - what show is your sig from?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Doesn't Mathos play a pretty technical Falco?.
Mathos is well known because of his massive laser spam playing style, not very technical at all.

Yeah! make another video, I'll like to make some suggestions.

I still listen to that song of your 2nd tech skill video whenever I play fox

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
After two weeks of playing Brawl alot I quit and went back to Melee, I am probably going to stick to Melee. Brawl is worthless.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Omg Otto if you make another one then I'll make another one trying to compete although not as good people will continue to watch the videos and be like wow Melee is still better than Brawl, good ****.

@Oskurito - You mean my combo vid lol? If you mean that then yeah that song is ****in kick ***. I actually had another song to use but then I heard that one and I was like **** the old song I gotta use this one.

But yeah Otto definitely make that video I would love to see another one from you, you're too **** good, the only reason why my tech is so good now is because of you so yeah do it!

IrArby

Smash Ace
Seriously! I have class in 5hours (its after 4 now) simply cause I could'nt stop playing melee. I'll never be able to do that with Brawl. Even when I first got it beating SubSpaceEmmisary felt like a chore.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
wouldnt be better if brawl wouldnt come out? i think about that so much man... Lets keep melee alive like before XD

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm disappointed with Brawl.
I love melee too much and want to switch back...
but Brawl tournys are everywhere and a lot more people are playing the game.
Thus, I play Brawl.
I promise to still play melee though

Top Bottom