• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone still play Melee?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
hey toasty I'm from Portsmouth like 2mins from the midtown to Norfolk. We should play some time. I'm just now really starting to cut my melee chops especially with fox but I don't know to many good players in the area. I'm still at school now but I get back in less than a week.

Hope all that doesn't come off as weird.
Check your PMs. Also, do you know Schoolie Dee by any chance? What school do you go to?

IrArby

Smash Ace
I went to churchland and to TCC for a year but now I'm at Randolphc College in Lynchburg which is a pretty ****ty school but ohwell. But yea (gets back on subject) I'm all for Melee since Brawl hasn't shown to much potential as far as I can see.

Yadam

Smash Cadet
I play melee. It is far more competitive and takes a lot more skill. Brawl can be fun but... if you are a true competitive gamer brawl is not where it's at.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
If you still play Melee come to the GA tourney in my sig. 90+ people pre-registered. It's gonna be amazing.

D

Deleted member

I love playing Melee a lot more than Brawl, but apparently I'm the only one in my town who thinks so lol... watching Melee videos is much more fun than Brawl videos, and so I'm still working on Melee tech skill, because Brawl's seem to be almost nonexistant... It amazes me what people can do with Fox, and I'd love to be able to do that one day

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
otto, we all really want you to make a new video, it would only take like half an hour lol
a new tech skill video from you would show people WHY we still play melee. and how brawl will never ever ever be anything close to what technical players are becoming able to do

IrArby

Smash Ace
Does anyone do backwards ledge canceled drill kicks (with fox) to edgegrab as a cool tech? I don't think I've seen anyone do it in a tech vid. You can also do it from a ledgehop then DI over the stage, drill kick, and DI back off the edge if you got crazy amazing DI and timing.
It looks pretty sweet so it'd be cool to see someone do it consistenly with other ledge stalls thrown for added style.

Does anyone do backwards ledge canceled drill kicks (with fox) to edgegrab as a cool tech? I don't think I've seen anyone do it in a tech vid. You can also do it from a ledgehop then DI over the stage, drill kick, and DI back off the edge if you got crazy amazing DI and timing.
It looks pretty sweet so it'd be cool to see someone do it consistenly with other ledge stalls thrown for added style.
go watch fluxwolf's really old rushed not serious crappy video he made for fun and youll find that tech in there =P
just search "fluxwolf sexs asian ravers"

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Lol, I still play melee when people wanna play me...XD

@SW. I <3 your tech skills. Wish I was 1/10th the skill

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I don't think that's considered hard enough to put in a tech skill vid but I don't know.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Hmm maybe like a run towards the stage then do like a shine turn around drill using the momentum from the run and di'ing towards the ledge. But do it in a run instead of just by itself I think that's ok because I know that's a trick people can't just do right away. **** The continuous talk about Melee, so refreshing. You can't do that **** with Brawl because it's so bland, it's ******** how many people like that dumb piece of **** *** game -_-.

Hmm maybe like a run towards the stage then do like a shine turn around drill using the momentum from the run and di'ing towards the ledge. But do it in a run instead of just by itself I think that's ok because I know that's a trick people can't just do right away. **** The continuous talk about Melee, so refreshing. You can't do that **** with Brawl because it's so bland, it's ******** how many people like that dumb piece of **** *** game -_-.
That was in frankenstine but with an uair and other stuff added lol.
most things most ppl think of now have been in videos :p
too bad they didnt just make brawl like melee with more characters so this wouldnt happen lol.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
That was in frankenstine but with an uair and other stuff added lol.
most things most ppl think of now have been in videos :p
too bad they didnt just make brawl like melee with more characters so this wouldnt happen lol.
Yeah I know lol that's where I got my whole idea from =P. It's like you can only really just make it look cool by doin it on a different stage or attempt stuff that SDM did like in my fox tech video when I was doin the reverse lasers on the DK stage, now that's hard -_-.

Yeah I know lol that's where I got my whole idea from =P. It's like you can only really just make it look cool by doin it on a different stage or attempt stuff that SDM did like in my fox tech video when I was doin the reverse lasers on the DK stage, now that's hard -_-.
yeah i was tryin the single laser re grabs on kongo the other day. you get your instant walljump if you do it, so you can do a scenario involving the reverse lasers and instant wall jump reverse lasers, then renew your wall jump like in that one scene in zelghandi lol. i recorded something with it, but its not worth dubbing and capturing and all that lol. maybe if i get more scenes. /lazy
You still need to work on that triple shinespike Otto.
i know :p
ive still only tried it like once haha. i might play tonight and try a few things.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Hmm I'll have to look into that. Yeah what you did in Zelghandi was crazy I was like wtf how is he doin that lol. I want to do that stuff again but do it longer and eventually put the shine in there like SDM did man that guy is a genius lol.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
yeah that's not really hard...lol i dont mean to sound cocky but that's pretty easy and there's a lot more we could be trying like:

shine -> reverse laser -> illusion ledgegrab

i used to be ok at that but then i realized how stupid it is to practice it when i could be practicing something fun like shine turnaround bair lol

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Glad to see the most technical player back on the melee scene, it's all but dead in MD/VA :(

Brawl is just so boring and I miss the hell out of melee. I'll only get to play other people in my area maybe once or twice a month or so (and that's when someone brings a random setup at a brawl tourny). When we do play, though, it's the most fun I have.

Also, your sig is awesome. My friends keep telling me to watch kanon and clannad.

phish-it

Smash Champion
The other night we played Brawl for a couple hours, and it was alright. But then the next day we turned on Melee for 20 minutes, and had a blast. I hope FAST1 does its job in reuniting the Melee community for another huge tourney.

By the way BlackPnather, I just realized you're the same BlackPanther from Toolkitzone. Wassup!?

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
The other night we played Brawl for a couple hours, and it was alright. But then the next day we turned on Melee for 20 minutes, and had a blast. I hope FAST1 does its job in reuniting the Melee community for another huge tourney.

By the way BlackPnather, I just realized you're the same BlackPanther from Toolkitzone. Wassup!?
WTF?! Lol hell naw, what's your alias on TKZ?

LOL TKZ fo lyfe!
>.>
**** i should try to make a video before those fat tourneys in south east lol.
maybe ill put "go to these tourneys" in the credits and ppl will be inspired to go >_>

IrArby

Smash Ace
yeah that's not really hard...lol i dont mean to sound cocky but that's pretty easy and there's a lot more we could be trying like:

shine -> reverse laser -> illusion ledgegrab

i used to be ok at that but then i realized how stupid it is to practice it when i could be practicing something fun like shine turnaround bair lol[QOUTE]

Yea just went back and saw it in Frankenstine. Oh wells

D

Deleted member

otto I have a video request. drillshine infinite on FD w/o WD. It's drill, shine short hop and drill againwhile holding toward link as he slides away. It's pretty hard for me, I can only get 3-4 repetitions (about half the stage, give or take).

edit: to Link, I'm not even sure if you can do it to Zelda/Peach.

tutata

Smash Ace
Melee is way better than Brawl. I play Brawl because it's somewhat entertaining to work on figuring out new combos and techniques rather than just copying the pros but nothing even comes close to the amazing stuff you can do in Melee. Also Brawl is more fun for playing my more noobish friends because I don't destroy them as badly. Other than that, Melee is pretty much better in every way. Oh and 90% of the people on the Brawl boards are complete idiots who don't know anything about the Super Smash Series or competitive gaming and I can't even tell you how mad it makes me. In conclusion, while I'm going to continue playing Brawl, Melee will always be my one true love.
First of all brawl is better than meele, Jk. I totally agree with the above comment and yes i love meele. Meele is the most in depth fighting game and many ppl here in the bay area prefer it over brawl. Lets keep the meele train rolling.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yeah, I miss your falco, I learned a lot from watching it. Hey, how many jc shines can you do now?

Top Bottom