• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone like Smashville?

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
This is this thread's 600th post... unbelievable.

This obviously proves Smashville is the best stage. Right? :p

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
No that's the 602nd post's jo-

Wait, wait, wait. This is NOT turning into a counting game. Let's just all agree that smashville is awesome and be done with it.

2Sko

Smash Cadet
Smashville is my favorite as well.... For me, it's just if you want a nice normal frendlies, that is the first stage that always comes to mind whenever I play...

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I love Smashville! ^_^

Its one of the only places where I can actually land KO's without having to rack up soooo much damage (or gimp) O_o

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
After hours of painstaking research, intense calculations, and looking at 41 pages of post I have come to a conclusion.

Yes, we do like Smashville.

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
Its my favorite stage, especially when k k rider plays... its a good balance of platform and stage, with a good ledge that doesnt trap you, and the moving platform is always fun. I love using a variety of characters on this stage, and my other favorite neutral is battlefield.

Sameyu

Smash Rookie
Smashville beats Final Destination any day and I love it most when the stage is on nighttime.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Smashville is one of my favorites, whether I'm playing tourney rules or littering the place with items. Great place for a fight.

highfive

Smash Lord
Smashville is OK but too many people play there. It's nice once in a while but it gets annoying after 30 matches.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
SV is like the only stage i play, its my favorite, but thing is, I'm so used to that stage, that i fail on other stages, ESPECIALLY CPs. OMG i hate CPs. Don't forget to practice ur CPs.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Lately smashville has been making me very angry. The platform gets in the way soooo often, and it has never really helped me. I do love the balloon though.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
The balloon on Smashville was originally Captain Falcons, which automatically means that the balloon is filled with awesome manliness. This awesomeness is passed on to you when you pop it, automatically helping you win the match.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
sigh . . .

It's this kind of illusion that is what makes MK so dominant.

People seem to complete ignore the fact that Smashville is probably MK's best neutral. Every is quick to look and say "Oh, the stage is not too big, but not too small. The edges are perfect, nice slopes, and the platform doesn't really help anyone." This is all true stuff, that makes Smashville a nice stage sometime. But you all forget to analyze the intriacies of the stage that make MK super safe here.

Many of you don't seem to comprehend two major points. A) The platform moves. B) The platform comes to a resting spot when it's not over the stage.

A moving platform means that juggle traps are nearly impossible to execute. The platform is just high enough so that a lot of normal platform pressure won't work. when coupled with moving, it basically says to an airborne opponent, "Trying to land? Use ME!"

Secondly. The platform moves away from the stage. Ordinarily, platforms are stationary, and you can attack people from below when they're on platforms, punishing them, and limiting their options. Platform pressure applies. However, with this platform, you cannot readily reach you opponent.

Now, when you couple these elements together, the character in the game who can easiest take advantage of this is obviously MK. Some characters (like Marth) can actually edge-guard MK extremely well. Not on Smashville though. He's on an edge? All he has to so is stall until the platform comes swooping in to save him, because he can easy fly, or use a ground canceled Shuttle Loop to land on it, and punishing becomes extremely difficult to prevent. Furthermore, being able to fly AND land on an overhead moving platform, means you never really have to engage your opponent. While it's true that air camping on Battlefield's top platform is a relevant strategy, characters with good Uairs can definitely combat it, and you can punish MK when he has to land. This is not the case on Smashville.

To close up, I'd like to bring into discussion the most hated move in the game: Mach Tornado. See, ordinarily, one could use Mach Tornado, but if it's shielded, MK can be punished. Ohoho my friends, not on Smashville. MK goes to tornado but his opponent blocks. "****, oh wait, I'll just whirl my way onto that moving platform that will put me completely out of range for any punishment. Even when I'm completely open, the platform will just move me out of danger."

Yeah, that's totally awesome, Tornado becomes safe on block.

So my friends, I implore you. You want to beat MK's in the first round? Of course, you have to, because MK should ALWAYS win his counterpick. Then strike Smashville as a neutral. FD is good to fight him. You have a lot of room, and MK doesn't like that, since it hinders the amount of pressure he can apply, unlike on Smashville where he can easily corner you, and he can always punish someone landing on the platform (and net really early K.O.s with Shuttle Loop). He's pretty good on Battlefield, so only go here if you're completely confident on BF like I am. Lylat is okay, since MK really doesn't benefit from platform canceling like a lot of characters do. It's similar to Battlefield, but tends to sometime mess up the recoveries of players, so think about it. Yoshi's is very character dependent, because the edge game here is so much different.

You just probably want to stay away from Smashville. Oh, and MK's that aren't shooting for Smashville, you're doing it wrong. Of course, stages with floors that you can pass through are better for your counter-pick, but for your neutral, learn to play this stage, and you've got a winning ticket.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
It's super gimicky but just thought I'd say it.

Grab release infinite on mk with a decent number of characters on smashville platform. Even if it is not only impractical to set up, but also requires an annoying amount of thought to do properly. ^_^

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It's super gimicky but just thought I'd say it.

Grab release infinite on mk with a decent number of characters on smashville platform. Even if it is not only impractical to set up, but also requires an annoying amount of thought to do properly. ^_^
ROFL, interesting. This also gives me thoughts for grab release to other stuff that I wouldn't normally think of, not that I would expect any competent MK to get grabbed on a platform, but it's good to know.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
It's overall an awesome stage. It's just the right stage for a 1v1 (though with FFA matches it's a bit crowded :/). Being a Peach mainer, it's so easy to catch someone off-guard and utilt through the platform. Glide tossing turnips upward into someone who is on the platform is a nice mindgame, too.

I didn't like the music at first, but after a while it's okay.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
I think this an enjoyable lvl. I have agree ^^ that the music was lame at first but now I think K.K. Rider is a very energetic song. It gets me hyped and concentrated. The moving platform is very controversial in offensive and defensive aspects as well as it being a n advantage or disadvantage. Plus the lvl is influenced by the Wii internal clock, so if its day and opponent is night, you have an idea which hemisphere they're from.

Overall I give this lvl a 8/10 despite it being a neutral stage.

nicekid76

Smash Apprentice
Smashville is one of my fav. levels in this game, cuz it not to big, but it not small, you have space to have a good and fun fight.

Zero

Smash Hero
Australia LOVES Smashville!

Three stage striking also loves Smashville.

I play on Smashville every day, to express my love for it. Be friendlies or competition, I love Smashville.

REL38

Smash Lord
Haters got front seats to the Lakers . . .

Hate KK slider and most of the tounrys I go to is on saturdays ..... ughh
Why you gotta be hatin' da dog, dawwg?

Smashville is one of the few stages that has variety to it. Battlefield and FD change backround, but it shifts every few minutes. Same thing with Pirate Ship. I like variety.

In Smashville, you can play at 4:00 PM and it'll be a sunny day.

You play at 6:00, the sky has a orange hue to it marking sunset.

You play at night, the stage is set in night.

Better yet, play on Saturday nights and good ol' K.K. Slider plays you a ditty on his guitar.

The best part is that it's the most neutral stage, IMO. Such a great stage to Brawl on.

Top Bottom