• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone ever lose a game concerning a trip?

Blue_Angel

Smash Cadet
I have honestly advanced a few levels with SSBB Brawl (which I just gotten yesterday) I started out doing normal mode (barely) now I completed every event (especially 41) on hard mode.

I learned how to half jump with my nun chucks (which I couldn't do on melee.. on a controller) and now I actually half jump so much I dont full jump in vital situations.

Meeeh anyways. So I'm doing all star mode on hard mode (until I get the hang of doing things completely) and all of a sudden I trip just as I'm about to complete a final blow after a utilt combo. It lands behind me and picks up a hammer and all I could think is "FUUUUUUUUUUUU" So I desperately try to get up and dodge/ counter jab combo until it runs out. I fail to hold the combo and BAM 10 minutes of hard work down the drain.

It happened to me not once.. but five times.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I've never LOST due to tripping, but I've been robbed of many opportunities to land strong attacks and I've been hit and killed by things that shouldn't have been able to hit me. Tripping sucks.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Tripping has only saved me once. I was jumping away from Dedede and accidentally turned to face him. Since I wanted to do back aerials, I landed and turned around just as he threw a Gordo at me. I ran away from him and tripped, and the Gordo flew over me, hitting an exploding crate that KO'ed Dedede's teammate.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Crates are so fun. :p

I honestly haven't lost anything to triping before. They're usually not dangerous enough that matches change or end because of them for me. If I'm winning, I'm usually in enough control that I trip, the enemy rushes me for tripping, and then they get destroyed for trying to rush me. If I'm losing (~Kawaii Bunny~ ****** me a few days ago for example), then me tripping isn't going to make the loss any bigger (except I think I got chain-grabbed a few more times after 1 of the trips though. ;.; Ice-Climbers ;.; ).

I did manage to kill someone by hitting them while I was tripped, so I can actually say that I've been saved by a trip once. :p

Blue_Angel

Smash Cadet
I guess D: It has to do with 1p mode (or event match) when hammers/pokeball/Assist trophy are turned on.

I tripped once just as I was about to kill the last monster and bam Assist trophy'd.

Also I HATE Ressiti/Nintendog/ WHatever that genie is that changes the camera angle. Computers can see you even if the screen is pitch black but I can't tell whats going on.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
I have lost stocks due to tripping, which cause to losses. But i haven't outright lost a game due to tripping at the time it mattered the most.

Ange

Smash Lord
Tripping isnt that bad, use the roll-getup/standard-getup if youre about to get attacked/hit by something to gain some short invincibility. :)

I have never lost due to a trip in a match, but Ive gotten some annoying damage from it in a few of my Intense Boss Battles Rayquaza rounds. P:

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i've tripped into an Ike fsmash, ending a game. not even kidding. i even remember that guy taht i played (thank GOD it was free play and not singles ladder or i would be pissed) and his name was takeshi. intense match, and then, TRIP INTO IKE FSMASH. fail

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I once was playing as Ness, Did a horizontal pkt2 in the air, opponent trips, i fly over them :(

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
I've tripped right on top of a C4 before >_> Cost me the match lol.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've actually tripped more and saved my opponent rather than be killed. I worded that badly, so it's pretty much that I trip whenever I'm in a position to finish them.

Brawl characters are so clumsy. :mad:

Ange

Smash Lord
Random tripping is caused by smashing the control stick left or right.

Ange

Smash Lord
So if I walk the whole time D:
Then its fine in a way.

However, if you use the Control Stick + A to do a fsmash, you have a small chance of tripping too, since youre smashing the stick.
But that isnt such a big issue, so you shouldnt have to worry about it.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Tripping isn't as bad as its made out to be. It's just some random annoyance put in Brawl to "make the game more realistic" (yeah, right; how realistic is a game where Zero Suit Samus is lighter than Kirby?).

Anyway, it does stink, but you can recover from a trip almost instantly, so it's not like it's enough to turn the tide of the match. It barely even bothers me. You should play Brawl+ where THERE IS NO TRIPPING! =O

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Yeah, I usually wait a second or two when they trip. If I'm already performing an attack though, there's nothing I can do.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Tripping just ruins the flow of the game. However, tripping saves me way more than it actually hurts me.

Gameplayer209

Smash Cadet
I remember... when Marth had the final smash. I was running away from him until I tripped and he used it right when my invincibility from tripping ran out.

HOWEVER, I remember when Tabuu shot his beam at me and I foolishly ran into him thinking that maybe I could get a smash or a hit in. I was fox trotting when I tripped and the beam went right over me.

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
I have lost alot of close games due to tripping =/
and like straked when i have a perfect opportunity to finish off my opponent i trip. D:

Scott!

Smash Lord
Tripping is secretly broken. The oft-forgotten technique of Trip-Dancing is based on it. It is an epic mindgame. Essentially, you Dashdance, and wait for a trip, so you can abuse its invincibility frames. And what could be better than temporary invincibility?

Please don't take this seriously.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
watch m2k v ally the match on halberd from winners finals at cot4. m2k loses a match cause of trip at the end, he trips into a snake utilt

winners finals of the biggest brawl tourney yet with the most money on the line. m2k still won the set, but a trip gave ally a win on a match

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
Happened to me loads. I would make a highlight vid, but I rarely record matches. Plus I can't be bothered.

But yes, it happens loads.

Off-topic slightly; I dunno if someone's alreday suggested it, but I think in tourneys if a trip causes a loss of stock, the match should be replayed. Just my belief.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
I havent's been really ***** by tripping that much, but It has happened to me in the middle of an epic combo many many times.

damezguy

Smash Apprentice
rarely as i tend to play spammer opponents who will just still use pits arrows. what im saying is, i play people who dont capatilize on my tripping. yet there has been times where i would have been gone facing a better opponent. no disrespect to any 1 i have played.

Top Bottom