• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone ever lose a game concerning a trip?

bobson

Smash Lord
I won a game by tripping right through Marth's final smash and dsmashing him when he finished.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Only time I remember is when I was about to do a super duper combo then I tripped. After that, I just walk off the stage and killed myself because tripping made my combo fail. D=

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I've never LOST due to tripping, but I've been robbed of many opportunities to land strong attacks and I've been hit and killed by things that shouldn't have been able to hit me. Tripping sucks.
Right on. Countless edgeguarding opportunities ruined by one small trip.

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
Personally, I've never actually experienced any of these perfect timing live-saving trips. I've only ever died of them, and lost combo or kill opportunities.

The only time tripping is funny (excluding examples like the Weegee trip above me) is either when someone trips in slow motion right at you, or when you're throwing bananas at them. The rest of the time, it's just frustrating.

*Thumbs up to everyone who waits when their enemy trips!*

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
In this one match (never happened to me again), I was going to dashgrab a Dedede who begun to do his fsmash with kirby. I tripped right in front of him. You can only guess where my kirby landed... coughblastzonecough

Ah, the many edgehog fails... Standing RIGHT NEXT TO THE EDGE!!!!!!!!! and I still trip when trying to edgehog. That is amazing bull.

In teams (I was kirby), me and my friend were doing thegrab release infinite on the last remaining person. His % was up to 100%, and I thought it was about time to end it. I told my friend to grab him and let me kill witha sideB, and when I inputted the move, i tripped. My friend paused the game and laughed his *** off (we still won).

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Falcon also is a bad character because he trips too often.
Sonic trips often too (costing me many wasted edgehog oppurtunities). When I do... I just stay there. Disgusted at the fact it was applied to the game.

gROYn

Smash Cadet
Tripping is secretly broken. The oft-forgotten technique of Trip-Dancing is based on it. It is an epic mindgame. Essentially, you Dashdance, and wait for a trip, so you can abuse its invincibility frames. And what could be better than temporary invincibility?

Please don't take this seriously.
That MIGHT actually work...

randomness_FTW!

Smash Cadet
I tripped in boss battles intense against rayquaza and he was the second last boss. Needless to say, I was very unhappy since rayquaza suddenly decided to launch a powerful attack on me and KO.

By the way, Luigi trips 1% more than every other character.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I think so but never tourney, although I have punished people in tournament costing them a stock if they tripped.

On Delfino (the walk off part) a G&W tripped against me then I d-threw -> fair -> Up-B'd him. He died and was a at 30% when he tripped. I mean sure he could've DI'd out of it but regardless I find it funny lol.

DraconicBrawler

Smash Rookie
I guess D: It has to do with 1p mode (or event match) when hammers/pokeball/Assist trophy are turned on.

I tripped once just as I was about to kill the last monster and bam Assist trophy'd.

Also I HATE Ressiti/Nintendog/ WHatever that genie is that changes the camera angle. Computers can see you even if the screen is pitch black but I can't tell whats going on.
'Tis Devil that moves the stage boundaries, and back on topic, I haven't noticed any losses due to tripping... I'm just more concerned about the loss than how it happened XP

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Read my signature.

edit: dang it. It won't show.
edit2: now it does. >_>

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
i lost a finals match once because i tripped into an mk dsmash :mad:

not competitive i think i've lost every sudden death i've ever been in because i tripped right in front of the other person for a fsmash to my sorry butt

Hype

Smash Lord
At a tourney 3 weeks ago I was Dedede and I was Cging a wario who was in grab release > Utilt kill percent, then i triped and he escaped the cg, then i lost :(.

Top Bottom