• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-falco character?

reedkmeister

Smash Rookie
Alright, I've been trying for so long to try and beat this one person who only uses Falco.
What is most important when trying to beat him?:confused:

TheUmbreonMonarchy

Smash Cadet
I'd like to know who you use.

If all he does is spam Lasers, your best option is perfect-shielding them (especially if you're not a character with a reflector or can't just duck/crawl under the Lasers).

When it comes to character counterpicks, Kirby/Marth/G&W do decent. Snake can crawl under the Lasers.

When it comes to stage counterpicks, Luigi's Mansion and Norfair do well for dealing with Laser spam.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Depends on how good your friend is, is it all possible for you to record a match? Submit a replay to someone who can record?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Ice Climbers/Kirby

Icies: From 0-50%: D-throw chain until you get to the edge. then Do a D-throw(With Popo) to fair to spike(With Nana). Wait for Falco to try and recover and grab the edge.

Kirby: from 0-20% D-throw to Up-tilt

from 0-10%: F-Throw to Fast falled up-air, turn around, up-tilt, short hop B-air

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I dont remember Falco having air combos, either I'm being stupid or you're an idiot for being combo'd in the air.

I have a feeling it's the latter and that it's not because of your char, but because you suck.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Falco is actually one of MK's hardest matchups. Still in the ball's favor, though.

Your best bets are Kirby or Ice Climbers.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I dont remember Falco having air combos, either I'm being stupid or you're an idiot for being combo'd in the air.

I have a feeling it's the latter and that it's not because of your char, but because you suck.
I just went to the pika boards, it was listed as a 40% cg. Either something changed, or you need to gtfo.
why are you such a douche bag?, and yes Falco doesn't have Air "combos" to argue semantics, but he can control the air quite well with good laser/ aerial mindgames.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
why are you such a douche bag?, and yes Falco doesn't have Air "combos" to argue semantics, but he can control the air quite well with good laser/ aerial mindgames.
I'm not being a douche bag, I'm being blunt. If you are getting aerial juggled constantly by a char with no aerials combos, I can only assume you suck. If you say a character has a 90% cg which is a pretty big claim, and that's not true, you should stop talking til you get your **** straight.

Character choice doesn't meant balls if you are really bad, how is this not clear.

And now that I've made my pretty easy to understand the defense, leave me the **** alone.

TheUmbreonMonarchy

Smash Cadet
Icies: From 0-50%: D-throw chain until you get to the edge. then Do a D-throw(With Popo) to fair to spike(With Nana). Wait for Falco to try and recover and grab the edge.
No.

Either keep chaingrabbing, or do a F-air with Nana while Popo is still holding on to Falco.

Also, Falco cannot control the air with mindgames. The player can control the air with mindgames.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I'm not being a douche bag, I'm being blunt. If you are getting aerial juggled constantly by a char with no aerials combos, I can only assume you suck. If you say a character has a 90% cg which is a pretty big claim, and that's not true, you should stop talking til you get your **** straight.

Character choice doesn't meant balls if you are really bad, how is this not clear.

And now that I've made my pretty easy to understand the defense, leave me the **** alone.
He probably thought Falco suffered the same CG Fox does.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario. G&W.

I have spoken lol.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
One of the steps that you can do to outbeat a Falco player is simply sidedodging the lasers. You can sidedodge the lasers the same way you can sidedodge Pits annoying bow and arrow move. Oh any by the way if Falco chain grabs you all the way across the stage and spikes you, you can smash DI against a wall and walltech so you can survive at 40%.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Leave me the **** alone seems like a good way to react to a guy calling me a douche bag for telling the truth. You should only really be insulted by being told you suck if you think you're good. I'm telling to get good, he's barely explained ****, and there's no vid, I have no reason to give some detailed match up explanation to a guy who will not make use of it.

And applying Fox's physics to Falco and then stating it like fact is stupid. I guess we should pick Fox since he can d throw cg and dair of out the throw to spike you. OH WAI-

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Pikachu does have a new cg that can take some characters to 100+ and Falco is one of them.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
G&W and Marth are great in this matchup. Especially G&W, though. He's such a favorite to win this matchup. Definitely try G&W, but if you still have problems with that, Marth is also pretty good in this matchup.

rofljont

Smash Apprentice
i play primarily snake, and even though he has a chaingrab on me, its not that bad to beat falco you have to learn exactly what to do against him with your specific character.
even though i think some matches are a lost cause against falco ex: characters with bad recoveryn

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Leave me the **** alone seems like a good way to react to a guy calling me a douche bag for telling the truth. You should only really be insulted by being told you suck if you think you're good. I'm telling to get good, he's barely explained ****, and there's no vid, I have no reason to give some detailed match up explanation to a guy who will not make use of it.

And applying Fox's physics to Falco and then stating it like fact is stupid. I guess we should pick Fox since he can d throw cg and dair of out the throw to spike you. OH WAI-
y so srs?

10srs

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Eeeeeeaaaaase up

Nobody frankly thinks you mean no insult when you tell somebody you don't know that they suck, no matter how good they actually are

Telling yourself you came off without contempt is pretty delusional

M@v

Subarashii!
Ok. 1st off, all the MK scrubs who dont know the matchup need to gtfo. Falco is actually one of MK's harder matchups. Falco's tough matchups are GW, Kirby, and IC's.

Denzi

Smash Master
1. IC's (but you might not want to learn the CGs just to counter one character)
2. Kirby
3. Marth = ROB > GaW in terms of counterageness.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Ok. 1st off, all the MK scrubs who dont know the matchup need to gtfo. Falco is actually one of MK's harder matchups. Falco's tough matchups are GW, Kirby, and IC's.
Oh, you mean Falco has a 60:40 on Met-oh wait it's MK.

You main MK. One of your "Harder matchups" mean it's a 55:45 instead of the usual 60:40. I can garuntee you that MK is one of Falco's harder matchups as well.

Smash Master
MK doesn't have hard matchups.

Play MK and you'll be set for life, esp. if you and your opponents are newbs.

StarFoxcoastocoast

Smash Rookie
I'd say just stick with a character you know pretty well with strong close range attacks and a quick jump/dodge to avoid the phantasm. I personally use Falco and my least favorite characters to see are Ike and Zelda. That's just me though.

Top Bottom